Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #5069

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I hope Terry and Eleanor had a great trip to meet Frank and Rita. Hope Tot'r ran better than expected.

Still no rain here. Thanks to everyone who offered to share some with us. Still harassing the crows. They abandoned the first nest and started a second. I think they are giving up on the second location as well. Was going to knock the nest down today but the wind is blowing like crazy and the temps are pretty cool. Decided to stay in and continue setting up the computer.
Sorry - should have said Rail and Jira. Getting old - brain fart time. Next a nap.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #5070

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hello Everyone!
Well Terry and Eleanor and GD all arrived safe and sound! The Tot'r and TH did very well Terry said! They sure look good! Very impressed with the work Terry has done, Amazing!!!
He tested the battery that I did not replace in Florida, and it was bad? It tested good in Florida, but the rough roads must have finished it off!
So, off to Napa to get another new one! And they were on sale, and I saved 30 dollars! Also, I lubed the motor battery tray, and got the locks working, so I could slide the tray out, to get to the battery to check the water and clean the terminals! The ground was so loose that I took it off with my fingers!! So all is back together and working as it should!
And Eleanor brought some apple crisp she made to go with our coffee this morning, and it was very good!
Here are some more pic's of the Tot'r and TH and Mona!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160428_134158.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	125522

Name:	IMG_20160428_134218.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	125523

Name:	IMG_20160428_134226.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	125524

Name:	IMG_20160428_134304.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	125525

Name:	IMG_20160428_134323.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	125526

Name:	IMG_20160428_134348.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	125527
Old 04-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #5071

Awesome pics Rail....glad you and Jira could meet up with Terry and Elanor. ....would be great if one day soon all of us here met up somewhere for a weekend or more.

Enjoy the great times and lasting memories

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #5072

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Boy now i'm really MAD I didn't get to go see Eleanor, Terry , Jira and Rail! Looks nice there and the people looking to rent the apartment were more flakes from this real estate woman! Sally got me to drag the rest of the old music papers and crap out of the house and my back is killing me as I wanted to just throw it all out, but she vetoed that! Glad she did though, our neighbor put a few lots of old concert ticket stubs on ebay for us telling us she didn't think they were worth much. Well they ended up selling for over $2100, crazy! And there is a bunch of other stuff to go, have like 3 milk crates full of old Rolling Stone magazines and they are selling on ebay for $4.00-50.00 there? Nuts! Wish I could get something for my old car and truck magazines! So now I can go buy lots of Advil for my back, LOL. Glad you guys are all enjoying yourselves, we will catch you on the flip/flop one of these days! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:32 PM   #5073

Glad yall made it safe! Good to hear that the tot'r ran well. Rail, glad to hear that you got the battery issue sorted out. Enjoy the visit.
-Ashton
TexasRVlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:21 AM   #5074

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
Did I forget to tighten one of the negative cables? Or were you talking about the coach battery? It figures that if you only change 1 battery that the other one will go out shortly thereafter, glad that you saved $30.
Terry,
Glad that the Tot'r ran so good, no problem with the overheating? Unit looks good sitting there beside Mona.
MK,
We were hoping to have a bunch of us meet up at Jay's on the 4th, but that didn't work out this year, maybe we can set something up for next summer.
Bobby,
Glad that you are getting funds for your stuff, instead of having to pay to get rid of it. Once you get finished cleaning out and downsizing, then you will have time to get out and enjoy.
Ashton,
Happy to see that you are jumping in now, it is good to hear from you.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:38 AM   #5075

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning, Frank, the Tot'r didn't even get close about 195 was the hottest it got. 42 degrees this morning and sprinkles.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:47 AM   #5076

Freightliner Owners Club
Terry,
That's good, of course it may heat up as the weather gets up into the 80's, but it sounds like whatever the problem was, you got it fixed.
Frank
Old 04-29-2016, 06:50 AM   #5077
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, everyone!

Just a quick note to check in. Both of us have been very busy lately with work, etc.

Glad to hear Frank & Rita are ok. Thanks for the pictures. The site along the river looked great along with your mention of the tugs and barges.

Great to see Mona and the Tot'r together. That means 4 great people are doing what we all want to do: get out and enjoy life! I think half of the fun is finding/fixing/building our rigs. The other half is using them. Thanks for the pictures. No leaves on the trees, so spring isn't quite there yet.

Steve, sounds like the trip plans are almost complete and you are ready for a wonderful time. It's been many years since I have been up that way and would love to visit again. Pictures, please!

Bobby, We are doing some down-sizing ourselves right now. We have been thinking of just tossing stuff as well. I mentioned your concert tickets to Bev last night. It got us thinking. I wonder what we might have hidden away that would work on ebay!

Ashton, Welcome! (I know. Wrong thread. But, just in case he decides to visit here.)

Popeye, Love your version of turkey hunting for lunch.

Lynne, How are the summer trip plans coming along? Is your coach ready for the fun yet?

I know I missed more of you. Everyone else, I hope things are going well.

Building update: Still waiting for the county to approve the building permit. They have been taking about 3 weeks for approvals lately. Meanwhile I've talking to the power company about how to run electric to the new building. That is about a month away, so we should be good on timing. Final completion timing may be touch and go. We are hoping the new building will be complete and ready for move-in before our drop-dead date on leaving the old facility. There might be some temporary storage for things as the move-out date is non-negotiable. It just makes life interesting. No matter how it goes, there will be a lot of stuff to move. Downsize anyone?

Well, back to work today. I have three projects to complete in the next few weeks while getting ready to move everything to a building that does not exist yet. Time to get it done.

Everyone, Have a great day!

EDIT:

Just noticed: I posted this in the wrong thread. I guess I am not awake yet???
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #5078

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning/afternoon everyone!! Coffee is still good today, just getting my second cup!
Had Terry and Eleanor over in Mona today, for some good "Trucker stories" and good conversation! It was cold and damp to sit out side, and Mona has a nice entertaining area!
Frank, the loose ground was on the motor battery, remember the tray lock was frozen up, well a good dosing of WD-40, and a little bang with the hammer, and it decided to work! When I slid it out, to check the connections and the water, is when I saw the loose ground cable, really loose! So hoping that fixes a lot of electrical problems that have been off and on! And the new battery took care of the converter problems too, it is back working as it should!
So Mona is shaping up nicely!
Charles, spring has not sprung yet up here in the Tundra!
Ashton, glad to be getting everything sorted out, and learning a new MH is part of it, and part of the fun! Even if it is frustrating sometimes! Mona had to test me, make sure I am worthy of her affection! She sure is fun to drive, which makes it all the better!
Bobby, glad that you are getting good money for your treasure's, but you are missing some good story's! Wish you and Sally could have made it!
We are ALL going to have to plan a get-together, where ALL of us can meet up at one time! Now that would be EPIC!
Everyone have a great day! Rail
Old 04-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #5079

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, I'm still going to upgrade the cooling system because when I get into the long hills I think it'll get warm.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #5080

Winnebago Owners Club
Oh Dear - trucker stories. We were not there to verify it actually occurred. Pictures please or it did not happen!!! LOL Not really . . . . just disappointed we were not there. It looks to be a nice place to meet. Weather may not be great but the friendships are.

Nice to see the two rigs parked together. Next meeting hopefully ours will be present as well.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:40 AM   #5081

Freightliner Owners Club
Whew, Rail,
I thought I messed up there. Sure glad that the converter is working like it should. Did fixing the cable turn off the charging light on the dash? Hmmmmm, Old trucker stories are a lot like old fisherman stories, lol. Glad that you guys are having a good visit, wish that Rita and I could have made it, maybe next time.
Terry,
That is probably a good idea, especially if you add more power. I had to remove my tuner because it went bad, so I miss the extra 65Hp that it gave me, but the truck does very well without it, so I might just leave it as is.
Have a great visit,
Frank
Old 04-30-2016, 02:34 PM   #5082

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Well we made it back home, sorry it was so short of a visit, but sooo very happy it happened . Rail and Jira are just great people to be with and proud to be able to call them friends. I just can't believe that Mona is SO NICE, that MH is really a great deal. The Tot'r ran better than I expected, we kept an eye on the Temp and did adjust our driving style a few times just to make sure the temp didn't climb but It was okay. I will upgrade the radiator so I can add a tuner. Already thinking about our next adventure. Lloyd, I'm happy to report that I got another signature on the door , two down and many to go. MY trucker stories are true and I'm sticking to it................... After meeting two good friends here I can't wait to meet the rest, we need to start planning a mass meet up like Rail said.