Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2016, 04:14 AM   #5083

I was looking in the wrong thread for the Mona and TH meeting pics! Looks great! Glad everything went so well. Jealous, our rig is sitting here. Don't look like we will get to use it till Memorial Day.

Excellent on another signature on the door Terry. I'll bet that will get to be fun. Can't wait to put mine on there. We will cross paths! I have Franks up at campsite #1,,,, missed a chance to get Rails.

Rail, it sure is interesting the weird problems bad or weak grounds will present. Where do you head next?

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2016, 05:48 AM   #5084

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lloyd, It is fun getting the door signed, glad you suggested it . Here's a pic of Rail fixing a clearance light on Mona.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	604.8 KB
ID:	125707  
Old 05-01-2016, 06:25 AM   #5085

Hi Terry!

Mona looks great, Rail much better than anything I saw around here.

We have flash flood warnings here, TV keeps alerting. One thunder storm behind the other rolling through. We are fine at out place.

L.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:39 AM   #5086

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Terry, I bet when you pull into a CG that a lot of people just stare at your rigs. Nothing else like it that I have seen and I am sure most haven't either. Must start a lot of conversations. "Hey, what kind of rig is that?" "It's a Harley1994." Would be great to see the eyebrows to that answer. You've done a great job! Must be quite rewarding to be able to take it out to use it.

Charles, The summer camping plans are in full swing. July we go down into Ohio to Clay's Park Resort for a week and then to the Rock and Roll Music hall of fame, the Vintage RV Hall of Fame and a few other places that peaked our interests. Other weekends are still not fully decided but somewhere in MI.

MH is still is the shop with the dbl pane window fix. They told me they could not find the windshield (MH is a 2004) so didn't know if they could fix it. I got on the pc and found one and gave them the info so it could be there for another week or more for that. Too cold to camp right now anyway.

Rail and Jira, Glad you guys got to meet up with Terry and Eleanor. I think as we all get retired that we will make an effort to all meet up somewhere. Will probably be a great deal of fun. Are you going to keep Mona? Would lessen the looking for another one.

Hope all have a great day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #5087

Finally got out last weekend. Weather was terrible saturday. We had to huddle around the campfire to even try to stay warm. Wind was blowing about 20 miles an hour and was raining sideways. Thought we were ginna get snow, but didnt. Just was sooo happy to be out "glamping" for the first time this year!!!!

BLUM
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1462119368989.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	125733  
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #5088

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Lloyd, It's supposed to rain here all week also, and the temps are down too, right now it's 39*. It was cold when we were with Rail and Jira, but we did get a campfire in one night, (rained the second) and got a good meal together, was a little cold but we survived . Lynne, We do get some looks and have to do alot of explaining, it's not the kind of rig to have if you want to fly under the radar, It'll be neat when it's finally ALL done with the graphics on the Tot'r and TH to match, it is very neat to use it and say we built it, Every time we camp we are looking at ways to make it better. Lynne, We are going to Ohio this summer also, taking the GD to the United States Air Force Museum, and Columbus zoo, (I think thats the one). Hopefully they get your MH done in a timely manner. Blum, Great that you was able to get out too!
Old 05-01-2016, 12:42 PM   #5089

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Great that Terry and Lynne are coming to Ohio, the bad part is we will be in Florida until sometime in August, oh well maybe next time. Here in Branson, a little cool (70* with about a 10 to 12 mph breeze), but lots of sunshine and blue sky today, rain is supposed to be done for the next week. The clearing should be coming east, hopefully north also.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:08 PM   #5090

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, it was way to short of a visit, for sure! The pic's I posted of the water fall was at Sun Valley CG, Arkport NY.
We saw the granddaddy of them all today, Niagara Falls! It was cold and rainy all morning, and it stopped long enough for me to break camp! So we headed for Niagara, hopping for a break in the weather! Rained almost all the way there, but the weather broke just as we got there! And yes, I drove Mona all the way to the falls, and parked right in the official parking lot for cars! It was very tight, and I would not suggest anyone else doing that, for sure!
We are now down in Pa. stopped for the night at Presque Isle Passage CG. It is back cloudy and rainy, but was not when I hooked up!
On our way to Illinois to my sons house!
Frank, the Alt. charge light is still on, and the Alt. is still spiking up, so will have to be rebuilt when I get to my son's! I thought for sure the loose ground cable on the motor battery would have fixed the spiking issue, but Nooooooo!! I might try unplugging that one wire in the engine comp. and see if that makes a difference? I don't think it is as severe as the gauge shows, and might just be the way it is?
Blum, good that you got out, even if it was cold! It will make the nice days that much better!
Lynne, Mona is a keeper, and I had been looking for one just like her for a long while! She drives great and everything is working fine! Just have a few little things to line out!
Lloyd, yes, Mona is very nice!
Well everyone, we need to start planning a central location for a Big "Goodmorning" group meet up! Sometime not on a holiday weekend, before or after would be good! Idea's????
Here are some Pic's of the Falls! And one of Mona in the car lot!

Name:	IMG_20160501_132854.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	125763

Name:	IMG_20160501_133759.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	125764

Name:	IMG_20160501_141756.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	125765
Old 05-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #5091

Gorgeous photos Rail. Glad ypu are enjoying that beautiful new coach. She looks lile a keeper!!!!!

BLUM
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:09 PM   #5092

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice pictures and parking. Looks like Mona handles like a sports car. Next a small car for a toad.

Group meet up would be great. Still have Jay's on the schedule even though Frank and Lynne will not make it. Perhaps next year when Lynne is retired and Frank is not committed to work camp.

Keep thinking though that sooner is better than later. Perhaps next winter if they are coming south.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #5093

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
I checked out where you two parked for camp. 14 hrs was a bit to far for me to make it. I went to a SP in Indiana 3 hrs away called New Harmony, thinking of of you. Someday I'll get to see it. Jon & Ellen in "Nemo"
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #5094

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, the times that we will be in Ohio are still up in the air so you never know. Rail, great that the weather cleared just in time Too bad the loose ground didn't fix it . You are right that we need to start planning a get together in a central location. Gordon, since we haven't heard from Jay I think that will be off for this year, maybe we can do the get together next year? more of us will be retired and we have a year to plan. Jon, yup I would think that would be , we are going to be traveling so who knows where we will show up . Going to rain everyday here for the next 10 days that I can see , not as bad as the folks down in the south west but soggy still. Well we got the water heater video up for those that are interested.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:34 AM   #5095

Solo Rvers Club
Hey Rail, Just a thought on the alternator issue. If you haven't checked it yet, make sure you have a ground strap from the engine to the frame and that it is good condition. If not install one or repair the one that's there and it may fix the problem.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:21 PM   #5096

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - good video. You will have lots of hot water now.

I noticed the little footstool with the heart. Is that the one you made for your grand daughter?

May have to come up with an alternative camping spot for next year. Hope all is well with Jay and that his plans are on track. Possibilities galore, just need someone to come up with the location. There are so many possibilities that it is hard to decide.

« Goooodmorning!!! | - »