Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #7029

Winnebago Owners Club
Mike - can't be a very popular product if they do not offer it in Honda Red!!! LOL
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #7030

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Thanks Mike, We're going to use a wood trim, I can make it, , and Eleanor can stain it, I need to trim corners and where the sides meet the ceiling anyway so I might as well continue with it. But I'll have to look it up anyway, always good to have options. Continuing the sink and wardrobe cabinet build, making shelves, installing sink and hooking up faucet.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #7031

Gulf Streamers Club
Terry, do not forget that you can powder-coat that stainless kitchen sink to almost any color you could want. I did it on the sink in my last motor home that went thru a kitchen re-remodel. Sorry, no pictures.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:04 AM   #7032

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Thanks Ron, we used to have motorcycle parts powder coated, never thought about the sink, good idea! Been working on getting the waste tank installed along with the rest of the water system. All done. When break is over we test............ and watch for any leaks . Then fill the waste tank and check that valve, (it's new) just water so I can just open and let it go! Wish me luck!
Old 07-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #7033

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Thanks Ron, we used to have motorcycle parts powder coated, never thought about the sink, good idea! Been working on getting the waste tank installed along with the rest of the water system. All done. When break is over we test............ and watch for any leaks . Then fill the waste tank and check that valve, (it's new) just water so I can just open and let it go! Wish me luck!
Just a thought Terry but maybe you should take it for a spin with all the weight of the water in the tanks and such so any jostling around that occurs will also test your connections. Putting it under stress like what will happen when you're on the road may flush out issues ahead of time (pun intended).
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #7034

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Speaking of flushes. do you have a black tank flush installed? Now might be a good time to do that.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #7035

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
Speaking of flushes. do you have a black tank flush installed? Now might be a good time to do that.
Bill
If you are doing that a gray tank flush would not hurt either.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:59 AM   #7036

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Is there any difference replacing a toilet in a MH with a high riser compared to replacing one in your S&B? Jerry and I want a high riser but I sure don't plan to pay someone $139 an hour to do it at a repair facility.

Just need to get a RV toilet I assume, but is the wax ring any different, do we need to buy that at the RV place too to get the right fit?

Maybe I will go to YouTube and take a look.

Are you going to be done with your vehicle for M&G. Sure looks like it. Are you towing the TH too? Would love to see both.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #7037

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Hi Carl, Yup when it's done, (as done as I can get it before the M&G) I'll run to the local Cat scale to see what it weighs, I'll have everything loaded. Bill, I do have the items needed to put tank flushers in, but I don't think I'll do it because the tank I installed isn't as big as I want, (I had it in "stock") so when I upgrade I'll do it then. Gordon, the rig is a one tanker no grey tank. Lynne, The RV toilets are not bad to change out, maybe a little tight getting to places but other than that you can do it. All the toilets I've seen in RV's use a rubber toilet ring in place of a wax ring it'll be specific to the toilet you install, should come with a new one. Not sure if the Tot'r will be completely done but should be close, I think. Yup we are bringing the Toyhauler even though technically we wouldn't need it. Not sure yet on the motorcycles, I haven't even started them this year, mine needs a battery, I have been working mostly 10 12 hr days to getter done. Just seems I can't get done what I used to in a day, but that's another story.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #7038

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Okay, Eleanor and I did make some progress today. Here's some pics of the inside....we started laying the carpet today. it still needs to be stretched and trimmed. I thought I would include a pic of what I started with......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0723171741.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	169843   Click image for larger version

Name:	0723171742.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	169844  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1027151454a.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	648.3 KB
ID:	169845  
Old 07-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #7039

Lynne

Try ppl Motor homes in Texas for a ADA replacement toilet. Fabulous service. I have ordered from them several times. Good fast honest service. You should be able to install this toilet yourself. Harley gave you good advice. I was able to raise the toilet in my RV. DH installed the riser. The best mod we ever did. Great for people with bad backs and knees.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #7040

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My hat is off to you!!! Great work and a great progress.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:17 AM   #7041

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice job Terry.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:27 AM   #7042

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Thanks Bill, Frank, woke this am to a lot of rain, . so looks like some small jobs today, (I guess they all need doing) Ordered some more parts today should be the last of them, running out of time to order and receive . The countertop drop in was a late decision to do now before the trip, need a mattress for the drop down bunk, and a TV mount and last was a horizontal propane tank for the pull out tray that's going in the side.

« Goooodmorning!!! | - »