Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #5111

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Terry,
I'm hoping its the belt, I just happen to have a can of Belt Dressing too. Where did you find the prices? I looked but didn't see.
Thanks again all for the options,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:17 AM   #5112

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I found a little link at the bottom of one of the pages I think it was just the name of the park.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #5113

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I don't think Tim has an auto tensioner, I think he would have a regular v-belt. I figured that you meant next year, depending on time frame we are hoping to be there also.
Tim,
Be sure to check out the pulley also, make sure it is not worn out. Don't use the belt dressing, it ruins the belt. It is made for the flat drive belts that go on the flat pulleys. They are a different rubber thn the v-belts are made from. That come directly from the Gates engineers.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #5114

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks like not a bad place to meet. I note that it is not too far from the Black Hills and Cody so Janet and I could tie it in with other locations we like to travel to.

Would be neat to travel the Chief Joseph/Bear Tooth Pass and possibly to Deadwood and revisit Crazy Horse.

Say is anyone planning on heading to Alaska next year? It might be possible to meet up and travel together for a while. We are not planning on Alaska but may be interested in heading part of the way.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #5115

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry sounds like a great idea as the first annual vintage meet. I may be game to come out from PNW not sure if there are any other folks from WA or OR besides Jay but I don't think he has plans on being here in WA next year but who knows.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #5116

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
DieselTech39, I went and bought a 15 mm. half in. drive socket, got the bolt out, cleaned the ground up good, still spiking up, so alt. will go to the rebuilder shop. The tach. is jumping down also, then coming back to normal? So I think the alt. is going!
We spent the night in Anderson, In. and saw a old buddy and his wife last night and this morning! Good to see old friends! We are now in Il. and will be at my son's this afternoon!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 05-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #5117

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Frank, Yup we need to figure what time of year is best for everyone. Gordon, I think the area would be nice to ride in and around. Octane, sure, all are going to be welcome, vintage optional . Rail, good to see you made it with out any serious problems .
Old 05-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #5118

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
DieselTech39, I went and bought a 15 mm. half in. drive socket, got the bolt out, cleaned the ground up good, still spiking up, so alt. will go to the rebuilder shop. The tach. is jumping down also, then coming back to normal? So I think the alt. is going!
Rail,.

Last two guess: If that has a Freightliner dash in it it could be the ground wire to the dash panel. Sometimes it fastens to one of the gauge bracket posts on the gauge and is very easy to come lose. Or, could have a bad cell in a battery if the only time it "jumps" is when you're on the move.

Hope you get er figured out. Later my Friend.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #5119

Winnebago Owners Club
We have done extensive riding in both areas and have enjoyed it immensely.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #5120

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ken,
That is good info for all of us, thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Rail,
Glad that you made it to your sons and got to visit people along the way. Keep us posted.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #5121

Hi All!

Wow, is Rails road trip over already?

Gordon,,, this is not a done deal plan... but Deb and I are talking about getting her retired by May 1st next year. Leaving then and taking our time cross country. Lots to see along the way, then loading the coach in Port Bellingham? for a trip of the inside passage.

Then summer in Alaska and work our way back down the highway to home by September. Probably different than you were thinking.

When we were at the Perry Georgia motorhome rally we attended a seminar on RV'ing to Alaska and the above sounded great.

L.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #5122

Winnebago Owners Club
Lloyd; That sounds like an excellent plan. We would certainly be interested in meeting up with you and Deb on your way back down if our schedules can be coordinated.

I was thinking if the group got together in Lebanon or somewhere similar and some started from there towards Alaska we could be interested in following along for a while. While we are interested in Alaska we are reluctant to take the coach on gravel roads.

Also thinking about bringing the bikes down and spending some time in the Black Hills or around Cody doing some riding.

There is the Chief Joseph and Thermopolis near Cody and there is the Iron Mountain Road and the Needles Road in the Black Hills. Lots of good riding in both places.

So many things and so little time to do them all.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #5123

Winnebago Owners Club
The future meet up is hijacking Terry's thread

I think it would be very cool if we are able to do it. I keep saying I don't want to drive my RV that far but then I think about Tim and his did just fine. So it gives me a year to get things in order unless I happen to find the perfect DP like Rail.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:00 AM   #5124

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 49, BoooHooo
coffee is tasting mighty fine this morning.
octanefam,
If you are referring to me, We had a blast I even had the toad with and no problems with the MH she ran flawlessly. But we had a problem with the KarKaddySS. The MH used 1/2 quart of oil there and 1/2 quart back pretty good I think.
I agree a nice DP would be nice but if it doesn't happen I am happy too try it again. We got a lot of compliments on the old gal. One thing I was really happy with was with the new tires I had put on before we left. I found she likes 65 pretty well but really sucked the gas, best mileage was driving around 58-60.
I had one of my shocks pop off when we went to get propane the other day. I never heard anything or felt anything we were putting the tire covers on yesterday when we found it just hanging there. I went to the hardware store and bought a new bolt ,nut and lock washer. We re-torqued it and checked the other 3 and they were tight. I'm hoping it fell off (bolt) in the parking lot and not out on the Hwy.

Franka548,
Too late I already used it and it stopped the Squealing. The neighbor gave me a rebuild kit for it if needed. I'll know next time we take her out.

I have a Cardinal that comes to the tree next to the MH every morning and He starts calling out. Almost the same time every morning. We had a nesting pair last year in the pear tree. I wonder if its the same pair.
Rail, glad your enjoying Mona and enjoying her.
That's about it from here,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote