Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2019, 08:16 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV windshield / glass insurance

we have a 95 dynasty and I’d like to get insurance for windshield damage/replacement in the future. Do any of you have that coverage and if so which insurance company do you use?

thx
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have Farm Bureau and it is covered on my RV insurance.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
thank you for your feedback, I’ll put them on my list.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:17 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a split windshield and knew when we bought the rig that we needed to replace one.

That one was on us. A year later we got a rock chip and crack across the same side. When they took it out the other windshield cracked. Insurance paid for both.

I have a Itasca (Winnebago) and the windshields are known for leaking around the framework and causing rust breakdown. When they took out the one side the other shattered because of rust around the framework.

It was only surface rust so the guy put a rust stopping agent on after cleaning all the surface and then installed the new windshields.

Don't know if you have a split or not. Just something to keep in mind.
Good luck
Old 04-28-2019, 05:06 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yes, I have windshield coverage with Progressive! Also roadside service which covers towing, tire repair and changing, lockout, and out of fuel! Rail!
Old 04-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
ours is a split, too, thx for the heads-up!

it appears i goofed up by going with AAA - our home & auto ins company. i could be 300% wrong but was under the impression@ that time that windshield coverage wasn’t available for a coach of our vintage.

i named our coach, Coachy, and my wife calls it The Learning Curve ... i’m glad she’s got a sense of humor ...

thx again for the feedback, much appreciated.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:15 PM   #7

We have State Farm and Farm Bureau.

Neither seem to be concerned with the age of the vehicle.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:23 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I HAVE A ? I’D LIKE FEEDBACK ON @ THE END OF THIS POST.

returning to this thread ...

I called two local rv shops recommended to me and received a couple of quotes to replace the pax windshield and complete gasket. after gnashing my teeth over the price ($2,500) for a few days and thoroughly excoriating myself over not getting glass coverage I thought, “what’s the harm in calling AAA?”.

so I did.

turns out I do have coverage w/$1k deductible. safelite glass is their provider and after taking my info the AAA person xferred me to them, easy peasy. the safelite person couldn’t have been more helpful.

I can’t imagine why I thought I had no glass coverage except I was a bit overwhelmed with life events @ that time and was confused by the different programs - Coach-Net, FMCA, AAA - I was evaluating @ the time.

MY ? IS THIS:

one of the rv repair shops I called said they have an automotive glass business take care of their glass replacements.

the other shop said they do the work in-house. they’d just done a split windshield replacement and new gasket install on an older country coach and when they put their suction cups on the good side it shattered. he said that because my windshields are so old I should tell the ins company they are both cracked so I get all new glass up front.

I’m not going to lie & commit fraud but I **am** curious, does the age of windshield make it that much more susceptible to damage in such a situation?

any / all feedback appreciated.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
windshield

we also have Itasca with 2 piece windshield. insurance is $154 yr without glass. or $345 with glass. so I paid the glass and threw rocks from snowblower into left half? dam $2200 for one half. ? local glass shop is ordering one.. he says he will order both halfs for $400 extra? deductible will be $500 so will still cost $1100 OUT OF POCKET. CRAZY
Old 05-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Make sure when you get the windshield replaced to not drive or move your coach for over 24 hours to allow it to seal and dry correctly.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #11

I have Progressive with comprehensive coverage which includes glass, which in this state has a zero deductible.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
thx very much, folks!
Old 05-07-2019, 03:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
I have Progressive with comprehensive coverage which includes glass, which in this state has a zero deductible.
X2 on Progressive and FL has no deductible too. I am actually getting my windshields replaced now.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, vintage, wind, windshield