Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 216
vinyl/plastic edge molding source?

i'm planning to rebuild the rear bed platform top so that it will be easier to maneuver to get access to the water tank, inverter, etc... i'd like to finish the visible edges with the same brown vinyl molding as Fleetwood used; any ideas as to a source? admittedly, this is not a critical point and if the price of this stuff is related to it's AGE? yeah...

i might simply put shoe molding on the edge and stain it....
raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free! RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
The General's Avatar
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 1,038
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Raccoon Man,

You may have to send in a sample since there are many types of edge molding.
Walt's RV
1750 San Bernardino Ave.
Colton, CA.

The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17
Rockler woodworking has some plastic edging I have used in the past. WWW.ROCKLER.COM
Sunflyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
Senior Member
Kurmudgeon's Avatar
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klamath County, Oregon
Posts: 245
If it's the plastic molding used in most RVs, it's called T-molding. It pushes into a kerf milled into the edge of the material you're covering.

Jim Price
curmudgeon: noun; a crusty, ill-tempered, irascible, cantankerous old person . . . .
79 27' Holiday Rambler Statesman, 78 32' HR Imperial, 85 36' HR Imperial 5th Wheel
Kurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Source Engineering Extends Their Sponsorship Through 2011 DriVer Monaco Owner's Forum 1 04-06-2011 09:52 AM
Source Manufacturing Joins The iRV2 Community DriVer RV Industry Press 1 02-22-2010 07:55 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.