Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
bap

Went Scouring the Backroads for Old Campers

found 3 today,,havent bought any yet.. but 2 have my attention if i can get price i can afford,,1 is an old shasta with original wings,,need work of course but not much..it had a leak around the center of the roof ruined that pretty honey colored wood,,it was a 13 footer,,

2nd im really interested in it is a kit companion,,,has rear bathroom alll in all very nice condition ....i really know nothing about these so if any of you can give me some info i would be greatfull,,it looks like one the wife and i could full time in..looked to be around 20ft.

the other im really wanting is a very old single axle avion...it has set in the same spot for 30yrs..

did not get the chance to talk with any of the owners..

1 i did find about a week ago is another shasta plum full of peoples clothes and stuff,,,they are using it as a shed..lol..i asked if they would sell but they said no because there mother needs it for keeping her stuff in..
the people looked really rough and i think i will wait untill the middle of the month and go ask again and make them an offer....these are the kind of places you really dont want to just pull cash out of ur pocket if you know what i mean..lol
the wife and i love running the back roads looking for campers that meen nuthing to the people that own them,,,there just hoarders and dont want to let go of anything,they would rather let it rot and do nuthing with them than to let it go..kills me to see some of these vintage campers that are still fixable rot to the ground...grrrrrr
took camera to take pics but the battery was dead.....lol

anyone else on here do this stuff,,,?
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 05:15 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like a great hobby! We have talked about doing something like this, we have remodeled 2 older coaches. As long as the bones are good the rest is pretty easy.
jfleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #3
bap

it is alot of fun,,,,we use to own a trailer park...thank the good lord we sold it...lol
so were use to working on trailers,,,,,its getting harder and harder tto find these old gems....now the people that know anything are wanting top dollar for an old camper..
found a pretty nice thunderbird yesterday his asking price was what it would be all fixed up.....im going to talk with him again,,,im hoping it will sit awhile then he will come down to a fair price....just gotta take some chances..

talked to everyone yesterday that had the others ...sorry not for sale....except the old avion im wondering if the owners are even still alive,,,,my wife has lived in this area longer than me and she has seen it several times in 30yrs in the same place,,,at the bottom of a very steep unpaved driveway...----i got out and checked everything i could see on it,,,still looks solid..no dents..and minor surface rust on frame...nuthing that cant be sanded down and undercoated..

where u located jfleeman ?..
Old 09-04-2014, 05:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just outside of Knoxville Tn
jfleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #5
bap

was just in your area the other week,took my grandsons and my son to the smokies for a few days..

the wife and i are in eastern ky,...