Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #1457

Thanks Bobby...it seems that the laminate flooring is kinda waterproof to minor spills. The planks have a locking system that keeps everything in place. Once it's locked in the small tongue and groove system won't allow any water to get to the floor thru the flooring. I used the glueless type. I just measured twice and cut once. The area I covered used 1 while box and 1 plank. It really is simple. I should have done it a long time ago. Good luck in your endeavor and post some pics
roaddogg369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2015, 11:50 PM   #1458

Roaddogg, is it Allure from Home Depot? (That's what I used)
Old 04-23-2015, 12:08 AM   #1459

"What did you do to your old RV today?"

Sold it.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
Roaddogg, is it Allure from Home Depot? (That's what I used)
Yes it's allure. I used Brazilian Cherrywood
Old 04-23-2015, 07:05 AM   #1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddogg369 View Post
I bought 2 boxes. It cost me about $25 with my military discount
Old 04-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #1462

Quote:
Quote:
I bought 2 boxes. It cost me about $25 with my military discount
Awesome.

I think I did the Hickory, but have forgotten. For the little amount actually used in an RV, it's not terribly expensive even at retail price...plus there's so little waste. It's not like you have to buy an 8' x 20' piece and then start cutting out for cabinets, dinettes, fridge, etc.

I agree that they snap VERY tight and let no appreciable amount of liquid in. I am willing to loan a couple of preteens who will spill various types of sugary beverages on your new floor, completely sealing all joints to be impervious to dog urine.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:16 AM   #1463

Lol...10-4 on the loaner. I used some leftover and made a shelf for my dashboard
Old 04-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #1464

Monaco Owners Club
I used the allure aswell. Went with std cherry. Then found no hd or lowes in my area (6 stores total) have any cherry 1/4 round or stair bull nose. Still have not finished trip but the tile transition is in as well as ended up using metal stair edging.
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #1465

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Imurphy907 you can try for some plain trim of the proper cross section you are looking for and stain it yourself.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #1466

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
Awesome.

I think I did the Hickory, but have forgotten. For the little amount actually used in an RV, it's not terribly expensive even at retail price...plus there's so little waste. It's not like you have to buy an 8' x 20' piece and then start cutting out for cabinets, dinettes, fridge, etc.

I agree that they snap VERY tight and let no appreciable amount of liquid in. I am willing to loan a couple of preteens who will spill various types of sugary beverages on your new floor, completely sealing all joints to be impervious to dog urine.
Thanx MT, you made my day on that! But I still think they have a water based glue that will do the Job ! Still chuckling . Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:36 PM   #1467

Didn't work on the RV itself, but the Tow Vehicle.

I installed a transmission cooler. Surprised it didn't have one since it had every other cooler imaginable.
JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #1468

It's always great to do something with the MH! Yesterday I changed the oil and filter in the generator and exercised it. Last week I added a sound bar to the TV. I need the sound bar because last year I took the old giant, heavy, old school tv out and replaced it with a nice 32' flatscreen, but the sound quality was very bad, so of course as any logical thinking man would do I added an upgraded sound system to it.

Last month was getting the Grand Cherokee towing set up. Purchased a towing system, brake buddy, and had the tow plates put on the CG. A real must have IMHO

I just want to mention last year I also replaced all interior lights with LED lights. LOVE IT!!!

Next, I think, is a full solar panel system with pure sign wave invertor and two additional 6V batteries. This one will be a little more expensive than the rest so I need the DW to be on board with it. If I whine loud enough and long enough it will happen before July.
Todd.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #1469

Monaco Owners Club
Just buy parts for it here and there. First I got the controller. Then the wire. Then found a panel. I sized my wire to the controller 45amp so I can add more panels later with out changing anything. Now I have plenty.
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #1470

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finally got my fridge back in , running on ac now pulled down to 10 degrees in the freezer and 34 in the fridge in about 2 hours, so I guess the new Dinosaur boards are working. Had to replace the floor the fridge sits on as the PO left it sit in the woods for God knows how long with no Vent cover on the roof, and Winnebago loves pressboard! I own a glass shop and used some leftover 1/4 " Omegaply I use on storefronts, 2 layers of aluminum with polycarbonite in the middle. Doubled it up and screwed it together then sealed all up nice and tight. Much stronger then the pressboard and cannot rot. Will try it on gas tommorrow. Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote