Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #225

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Went and got the A Class and brought it home. While the DW was provisioning it for our storm watching trip starting Wednesday I managed a good repair to a Cabinet door that was coming apart on a corner.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #226

what started as a one day repair has grown almost out of hand
started with a simple hoses and belts replacement decide to replace the water pump to since I'm there. i bought this unit with a new engine and trans a couple of years ago and thought i had found all the sloppy workmanship,WRONG,
found the distributor plug broke off and the wiring just stuck in it ,was hiding behind the ac bracket , pulled the distributor to replace it they omitted the retainer and the drive went into the oil pan.
so to date oil pan gasket,motor mounts,distributor,water pump,all hoses and belts,power steering hoses,all rubber fuel lines under the hood.
this weekend found minor leak on intake at rear so it came off found crack in bottom of manifold welded up and resealed,pulled exhaust manifolds replaced gaskets and studs had a leak that went away when hot.
next weekend reseal the a/c recharge it and look at replacing the muffler and a carburetor rebuild
and it still beats having a payment
pwf16129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #227

Installed a new inverter, the old one died. A Cobra 2500 watt affair, connected to two Trojan 125s in series by two each of black and red #4 AWG cables. Has a #8 AWG to a chassis ground.

Seems to work so far, powers the ArmorAll vacuum easily.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #228

Today I restored the fans and map lights that are over the driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maplight1.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	616.8 KB
ID:	32864   Click image for larger version

Name:	maplightshinyfans.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	32865  

Name:	shinyfan1.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	32866   Click image for larger version

Name:	shinyfans.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	516.7 KB
ID:	32867  

Damon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #229

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Started roof repair (we are in Florida so the weather is not an issue) Purchase Shine On at the Tampa RV Show and was really impressed with the ease of cleaning and polishing...basically wipe and apply finish! While up there we redid the roof seams with Eternabond and Dicor...replaced the cracked Air conditioning shroud and replaced the cracked skylight over the shower...the roof is finish ( oh, we also applied gutter gard so no more dripping streaks!)...heading to the Keys at the end of February!
lenkerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #230

In the last three months.

In my old '87 Falcon 190 I have replaced the sofa - bed, installed LEDs in all the interior lights, installed backup LEDs, replaced the starter and carburetor, and brakes, installed a TV/monitor with swing-arm, installed a wifi-yagi and rotor, installed a TV antenna, CB, replaced the cruise control module, bought 4 new snow tires, 3 sets of cable chains (they aren't reparable, so if one goes you need to have a new one), bought a laptop for the rig, and have a cell phone yagi antenna and rotor ready to mount. Have a hybrid electric water heater ready to go in tomorrow, aligned the wheels, and am terrified to read this and see how much I've spent.

Thank God the thing was given to me.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #231

Newmar Owners Club
Sold our '93 Coachmen Catalina Sport M-220rk-Chev Class C today! That's what we did. We were second owners and she only had 37,000 miles. Everything worked, no damage, no smoking or pet smells. No delamination. A young couple with a new baby bought it and are so excited. Time to move on. We just retired and ordered a new Class A and we plan to travel more. The little rear kitchen model was great for weekends and a week or two from time to time. But, without a bedroom longer trips would just be too much. Good luck with your vintage RVs. Keep 'me going. They can be great. Keep 'me up and be safe going' down the road!
LongDogRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:10 AM   #232

Newmar Owners Club
Should have read "keep 'em going". Sorry.
LongDogRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #233

Ripped out the old carpet, removed the couch, removed the cabinet doors. Sanded the woodwork and cabinet doors. Oiled the cabinet doors!!
thepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #234

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Primed, sanded, primed, sanded, painted cabinet doors & drawers. Oh, and I ordered all new cabinet pulls as these almost 40 year old plastic ones have just about given up. Also, picked up a floor runner & a steak knife block to mount. Progress, albeit little, is still progress.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #235

Not exactly a one day job but things are coming along ....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PC092593 new changes.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	328.7 KB
ID:	33171  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #236

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Not exactly a one day job but things are coming along ....
Looks very nice.
Where did you find the faucet? Was it original equipment?
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing Nut View Post
Looks very nice.
Where did you find the faucet? Was it original equipment?
Hey Steve .... faucet is residential grade .... I forget now but it's probably a Delta or Price Pfister (paperwork is in the RV). Faucet in bath is similar but not identical. Water heater is an Ariston electric and reefer is a Summit residential all electric. Furnace and cooktop are still LP but we have a single element induction cooktop that is used more than the LP.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #238

Spent a small fortune having the Onan 4KW in my '93 Itasca fixed with a new fuel pump, circuit board, carb and starter. I have to take part of the blame as it has been in storage for over a year in San Diego. However, the majority of the issues were caused by crappy gas as specified by the EPA for use in California. Will be heading back to Durango next month and hopefully the savings in gas prices once I leave SoCal will soften the blow to my wallet!
denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote