Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2017, 08:19 AM   #2801

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
I don't know on surgery, only had a hysterectomy eons ago and an ERCP scope for my pancrease. I'm lucky, no broken bones ever and am 70.
Aches and pains at times, and not so good feet and some back issues, but
nothing life threatening.

Just happy not to have had many illnesses others have had, don't know
how they bear some of them. Hope it goes well for you.
No broken bones?? How in the heck do you know if a weather change is coming?

I can feel the fronts when they hit the Pacific leaving Asia...........
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #2802

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Not perfect health for sure, degenerative disk disease in the lower
back so I can feel weather changes at times as there is arthritis too,
but I often feel weather changes in the lower bones of my thumbs
in my hands and that hurts.

Still I'm pretty fortunate as so far like my doc says I have some
quality of life issues with feet and stuff but nothing life threatening.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:31 AM   #2803

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree with the "pretty fortunate" . I creak more, I ache more, but, I count myself lucky to be able to care for my own rig, and travel with my life's partner.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:55 AM   #2804

Vintage RV Owners Club
aches and pains

I moved our Mother in law in few days before Christmas.. shes 87. smokes half a pack everyday.weighs .100 lbs.walks everyday 4 blocks downtown to her favorite coffee shop.regardless of temp. well she draws the line at -30f .
any way, her secret to no pain .no cancer and no arthritis is this

How to Make Garlic Vodka: 7 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

i am going to start it..let you know if my aches and pains lessen.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #2805

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
I have engine temperature so why would it be different from engine oil temperature?
The temp on it runs about 185, it will go up a bit when climbing.

The oil temp gauge just has a temp deal on it, a straight line with little hash marks on it
The other oil gauge has a picture of a little deal that kind of looks like an aladdins lamp with a temperature line with the little hash marks in the middle of it. Oil pan temperature gauge, just guessing.
Your Oil temperature should be a little higher than your water temperature if it starts to run hotter it is a warning that something is going wrong could be a bearing or something else. So it is a safety gauge
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #2806

I am putting the finishing touches on a stereo upgrade in my 1991 Prowler 24C TT. Many Fleetwood products had "Linear Series" am/fm/cassette stereo systems that were the latest in technology back in the day (tongue in cheek). For an upgrade, I've built a panel to house a 12V charging station and a Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS head unit. The charging station has 4, 5-volt, 2.1 amp USB charging outlets, one 12V cigarette outlet, a voltmeter, and an on-off switch. The head unit is a DVD/CD/HD/SiriusXM system that will interface with my iPhone, iPad, and iPod. It has hands free calling, hands free Siri, and will drive some apps like Spotify and Pandora. The video output will drive my 28" LED TV (and the TV audio can be connected to the stereo for over-the-air, cable, or satellite signals). It would be nice if it was Blueray, but I'll have to settle for DVD. I upgraded all the speakers to Kicker 6.5" DS 2-ways that fit the factory holes in the ceiling (with adequate clearance to the roof). The black panel is King Starboard that can be ordered with a finished edge in sizes measured to 1/8-inch, and is easy to work with. I'm pretty happy with how it's working out.

Steve

Dr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:04 AM   #2807

Winnebago Owners Club
Our Temperature gauges are great for monitoring "normal operation Temperatures".

I just monitor mine by knowing what the gauge reads under "normal usage"

Also, oil coolers (for engine oil, trans fluid, & Trans fluid)will change the oil temps. Just do not look for a consistent temp in fluids
Old 02-11-2017, 09:17 PM   #2808

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
That makes sense it does run just a little higher then the other temp.

I have been sick since home, I caught what DD has, she is better though we found she cracked that tooth and it got infected, she is on antibiotics till next week when we go to an oral surgeon. I managed to finish
packing things the mice get in and put them in the basement. I bought matching containers and put food, towels, cleaning products, and anything that might freeze in them so they will be ready next time.

One day it was warm so Tom was able to at least wash down the motorhome so we could put it away without all the crud on it. He also got it winterized. He said the water heater had the wrong valve on it, the repair guy changed it when he upgraded the controls of the heater, he had problems with it being correct too. Now it works right, Tom made me a laminated diagram once he figured it out so we don't end up with 10 gallons of antifreeze in it. He also made me a diagram for the water fill and shore water part. We both had trouble remembering this stuff. He said he will change the oil later, it turned cold. It's warmer but still I'm not going anywhere for awhile. DD is after me to head to Florida for her birthday March 9, but don't think I will, we shall see.

Since then found out I have bronchial pneumonia, never had that before.
Been to the doc twice with a second round of stronger antibiotics, steroid shot, prednisone, and today a chest xray, oh also an albuterol inhaler.
I have coughed up a lung I think, but its finally getting better, man this is not good.

Anyway the old girl is tucked in till our next trip. She did great, no problems.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #2809

Prayers for sickness

Pat,Thanks for the update on your DD and your health problems. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery. That is what I hate about winter..sickness. My knee replacement had to be canceled for a second time. My lab test showed I had a UTI even though I was put on an antibiotic. Now I have to take a low dose antibiotic for 30 days and then see my urologist. I truly think the lab is making a mistake as I never had any symptoms. One winter I had bronchitis that took two rounds of antibiotics and steriods to clear up. Thought I was coughing my brains out with the severe pain I had in my upper back. Found out when I had my cancer work up that I had a compression fracture in my uper back. The fracture healed up. Any way I have a rescheduled date for knee replacement of April 10th. I'm thinking the third time will be a charm!! Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #2810

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
I have got to stop working on this rig and just enjoy it... I'm fixing problems we encountered last year. I recharged the front AC with the small Wally cans, and white smoke came out the back, loose compressor hose. So, that was going to be the winter fix it project. I couldn't get to the hose from the bottom, so I pulled the bed and engine cover. Now have the air conduits for the turbo to move out of the way. Well since I'm into it this far, I put on a new air filter. I have been pushing tubes and hoses around, I get this drip from the surge tank, hoses are brittle, arrrggg. Drain radiator, looks like I will replace 8 gal. Surge tank looks good, no spider cracks, thanks for info on iRV2, new hoses in. How do these techs get these air filters mated up??? Lets see if there is another angle, opened the side louvers for the radiator. No help there. Check the free spin of the electric fans there, nope they are rusted. more stuff to buy. This is all going to be finished by Thursday, I mean it!!! I'm happy to see my friends sitting over there enjoying.
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #2811

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
There is always something to fix on them. I think Tom could spend time every week on some little something, but thankfully he enjoys doing it. Believe me if he didn't he would not.

Hope all of you are having a great time out there. It looks like we have another pretty day here in southern Indiana. Life is good.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:22 AM   #2812

Vintage RV Owners Club
I had a hole in my gas tank here someone drilled a it to steal the gas.
So I used some epoxy it was holding and not leaking with around 15 gal. of gas for about 2 months. so I filled it up 63 gal. last Thursday I noticed that distinctive smell of gasoline. I looked and the patch was seeping not bad but dripping on the ground. So I put a pan under it. Went to Napa, checked on line, asked, friends what to use some said epoxy or JB Weld. Some said to drop the tank and have it welded. Well I had over 60 gal of gas in the tank I needed to remove and put somewhere. My friend has a number of 5 gal cans. So we used those I was giving gas to everyone. Unfortunately I had just filled my car. Anyway it was a mess. I went back to the store and got a plug it has a drain plug in it. Put gas back in tank so far not leaking. I think I should have used the plug first.
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #2813

Vintage RV Owners Club
plug

would you mind showing me a picture. i think that gas thief moved up here..i went to start my Ford Ranger yesterday and noticed the fuel light on ? got out and looked at the gas tank door which was partially open and my black oil drain pan under it..the A--hole used my oil drain pan which is right beside the Ranger in a garbage can..drilled a 3/8 hole in tank! Grrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #2814

Replaced the fuel pump last week; not a fun job, but not horrible either. She ran well on the short drive I took last week, will be taking her for a longer drive later this week. At least the fuel gauge works now!
Replaced the dingy headlights today, along with the turn signal and marker lights. I used 60W (each) LEDs so hopefully they'll light up the road.
Had to cut the lamp lock ring down to about 3/4" to accommodate the heat sink/fan. I think it definitely dropped a few years from her look.
I polished the lenses just after purchasing her last March, but they hazed over again.