Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #5545

Yep a 1984 rambler imperial 30CB 30 foot
Living full time out of her with two large dogs...
She reminds me of a class a to be honest as she's long and I can walk around the cab and both driver and pass seats are rotating captains...

I do wish the tag was a double though so I'd have 10 wheels instead of eight haha it looks weird from under Neath
Serpentjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #5546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentjaz View Post
Yep a 1984 rambler imperial 30CB 30 foot
Living full time out of her with two large dogs...
She reminds me of a class a to be honest as she's long and I can walk around the cab and both driver and pass seats are rotating captains...

I do wish the tag was a double though so I'd have 10 wheels instead of eight haha it looks weird from under Neath
Cool!
Old 12-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #5547

Replaced ball valve and gaskets in toilet and replaced coolant recovery tank.
49Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #5548

started the new flooring after ripping out the carpet from 1976, I can not believe the sand that was on the floor afterwards,
patches64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #5549

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches64 View Post
started the new flooring after ripping out the carpet from 1976, I can not believe the sand that was on the floor afterwards,
My '89 has lived its entire life in the SoCal desert. I have plans to rip out the carpet soon, and no doubt, there will probably be 100 lbs. of sand underneath it.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #5550

I replaced the four floor vents. They had all been stepped on so many times that they were, literally, concave. Six bucks apiece and I couldn't be happier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WeChat Image_20191214170209.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	269475   Click image for larger version

Name:	WeChat Image_20191214170222.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	269476  

Old 12-15-2019, 12:17 PM   #5551

Went out and sat in it.

Well, a little more to it than that. Every once in a while I do a 1000 piece puzzle. I have a board to assemble one on. Almost finished with a living room remodel and now the only good area I have to work one is at the kitchen table. OK, but it's moved and the light isn't that good. Also nowhere to put the board but on the floor. Lightbulb goes off. The RV has an empty dining table in the slideout with not one, but two light fixtures directly above it. Win win win. Relocated out there. TV, plenty of room. Wonderful direct light. No one to bug me but the dog. No worries about people bumping the puzzle or dropping it while moving it around. Beer fridge. Puzzle making heaven.

DW calls it my "other" man cave now. (Besides the garage) Also the bedroom is packed with Christmas. Once our kids found out we were stashing presents there, they started bringing theirs over. We've even set pillows to mark out whose from whose. Nosy present-shaking grandkids have not a clue.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #5552

Shovelled 8 inches of snow off of it, AGAIN. I normally put it in storage for the winter if Im not going south, but Im leaving at the end of Jan, early Feb, so I thought I would save the cash for storage. They don't plow the road into the storage barn either, so its all or nothing. Its always fun gently shovelling snow off your rv. Welcome to Canada eh.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #5553

We did our rolling Christmas Party last night and every thing went fine.
We have only had this rig for a little over two years and every time we use it I learn something new. I have been trying to figure out why the dash lights didn't work and low and behold they came on last night.

A Christmas Miracle!!!

I thought it was the light switch all along and last night proved it. I would have just replaced it long ago but I could not remove it. I have replaced many GM light switches in my time but this one just wont come out. But now that I am sure that is the problem I feel better. It is very hard to get to, but I will get it out!

Also figured out the radio switch "travel or park". I really did not know what that was for.

Also wired a backup cam and a tach. Probably don't need it but I like having a tach.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #5554

Small trip with the RV to our son's 8:30AM baseball practice. Made coffee, tea and hard over eggs for my wife and I.

Found a loose house battery negative cable, at the battery. Took 15 minutes to remove, clean and reconnect all of the cables.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #5555

Went out to...do nothing much in my coach. Threaten the non-functional generator a bit maybe. Heat didn't work. The fan would come on, but no heat. After some investigation I see something called a "sail" switch on the diagram. I have power up to that. Never heard of such a thing. Crack the blower case open and it's obvious. Air from the blower depresses a "sail" on a stick which closes the switch. So the propane won't fire up and melt stuff because there's no air circulation. I get it.

But...nothing's wrong with it. Fiddle it with my fingers and the multimeter says it works. Reassemble and test. Doesn't work. Airflow is low too. ?
Dummy managed to reverse the fan power wires so it was happily running in revese. Ooops. Swap wires and off we go. I don't need a new switch after all. Yet. Apparently my fiddling with it got it working again. Not real thrilled about that as it will be suspect from now on. I was expecting a spider nest or something fouling it. But anyway, the heat works again and I know what tools I need to have in the rig's toolkit if I need to deal with the problem out in the world.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #5556

Well not to the RV it self but I ran a new 30A outlet for it.
Now I have two places to park it. One on the north side and one on the south.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:14 AM   #5557

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGrizz View Post
Well not to the RV it self but I ran a new 30A outlet for it.
Now I have two places to park it. One on the north side and one on the south.

I'd park on the south side this time of year, though with the clouds for the last couple of weeks and snow it probably wouldn't do me any good. Tried to talk the wife in heading south before the snow trapped the coach in the barn, wouldn't hear of it until after new year. Even pointing out to her the snow would have us trapped until April didn't work. Enjoy your new parking spaces, it is nice to have choices. Wish I was in your neighborhood for the winter.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:41 AM   #5558

I added 3 patches on our "Adco" cover as these areas had worn through. I bought the patching kit on Amazon. Peel and stick patches were cut to size and applied after the areas were cleaned. I used a bead of pure silicone around the perimeter of the patches to assure adhesion. All in all the cover is holding up well. (this is its 2nd year)
Went inside and dreamed of spring when we can use her again. Found a dead mouse in 1 of 2 traps. Tossed it and set another trap. All batteries charged and working properly. Oh man do I mis using our coach!!
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote