Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #5559

Getting carpet so I can survive the winter living out of her may also install a second water tap

1984 Holiday rambler imperial 30cb
Serpentjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #5560

More LED Modifications

As some of you may know Bargman has only a hand full of LED conversion lamp options, for their 84, 85 & 86 series tail lamps.

I converted to their 47-86-101 LED brake/running lamp last year, however Bargman does not have matching reverse and wrap around lights.

As such I decided to cut up some 47-84-527 LED lamps, and try to integrate them into my old 34-86-202 wrap around side maker lights.
Figured if I destroyed them, new ones were available for low dollars.

First two pictures show the lights on brake, and then parking only.

A) Started by cutting the clear red lenses off of the led tail lights.
B) Removed the reflector base from the housing.
C) Then cut the led boards out of the base.
D) A square hole was cut into the wrap-around base for the wires to pass through.
E) Hot glued the led boards to the wrap-around base.
F) Cut the reflector down to fit under the red wrap-around lens, and hot glue into position.
G) Cut a wire pass through into the RV light pod.
H) Make a number of wiring 'Y' connectors in the appropriate colors.
I) Solder and heat shrink on new male/female terminals for easy servicing.
Note: The original RV wiring was crimped together with butt connectors.

The look is not factory perfect, but I have some more illumination, for both the brake and parking lights.

The last two pictures are of the original Bargman lights, and the single led brake/parking light swap from last year.

I have new 34-86-202 wrap-around assemblies on order. So I may try and extract the reflectors out of the old wrap-around lenses, and RTV in the scrap clear red led lenses to them. If that works well, I will post again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TL 3 sm.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	269831   Click image for larger version

Name:	TL 4 sm.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	269832  

Name:	TL Mod 2 sm.jpg
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	269833   Click image for larger version

Name:	TL Mod 7 sm.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	269834  

Name:	TL Mod 5 sm.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	269835   Click image for larger version

Name:	TL Mod 4 sm.jpg
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	269836  

Name:	TL Mod 3 sm.jpg
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	269837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brake Light sm.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	269838  

Name:	LED Brake sm.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	269839  
Old 12-18-2019, 04:26 PM   #5561

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Worked on electric locks on baggage doors today. Had 3 of 7 working.

Now I have 6 of the 7 working. Bad connections at motor, corrosion and some needed lubricating. Need to find a better way to clean the connections than what I did which was use a small screwdriver.

Changed water pump ends, it is an Augajet so bought new ones as the old ones had started to leak around the o rings. Ended up having to replace all the old splices and used heat shrink over them. Should stay sealed better now.

Enough projects for today, still have a fair list of housekeeping items to get it all up to par. Small stuff but time consuming.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:08 AM   #5562

Washed the 94 Toyota. I had Zep waxed it about 2 years ago and noticed it is flaking in a small area, Also the mold stains are getting hard to get off. I'm in FL so lots of mold.
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:58 PM   #5563

What did you do to your old RV today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Gardiner View Post
As some of you may know Bargman has only a hand full of LED conversion lamp options, for their 84, 85 & 86 series tail lamps.

I converted to their 47-86-101 LED brake/running lamp last year, however Bargman does not have matching reverse and wrap around lights.

As such I decided to cut up some 47-84-527 LED lamps, and try to integrate them into my old 34-86-202 wrap around side maker lights.
Figured if I destroyed them, new ones were available for low dollars.

First two pictures show the lights on brake, and then parking only.

A) Started by cutting the clear red lenses off of the led tail lights.
B) Removed the reflector base from the housing.
C) Then cut the led boards out of the base.
D) A square hole was cut into the wrap-around base for the wires to pass through.
E) Hot glued the led boards to the wrap-around base.
F) Cut the reflector down to fit under the red wrap-around lens, and hot glue into position.
G) Cut a wire pass through into the RV light pod.
H) Make a number of wiring 'Y' connectors in the appropriate colors.
I) Solder and heat shrink on new male/female terminals for easy servicing.
Note: The original RV wiring was crimped together with butt connectors.

The look is not factory perfect, but I have some more illumination, for both the brake and parking lights.

The last two pictures are of the original Bargman lights, and the single led brake/parking light swap from last year.

I have new 34-86-202 wrap-around assemblies on order. So I may try and extract the reflectors out of the old wrap-around lenses, and RTV in the scrap clear red led lenses to them. If that works well, I will post again.

Nice job on the lights! I replaced my “fish bowls” (I call them that because they always have water in them) with the same triple Bargman LEDS. What is nice on your coach is the external housing so you don,t have to cut into the wall to recess them. On mine Instead of recessing them I had to make my own external housings out of Sapele and encapsulated them in epoxy and then paint

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	269952
Old 12-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #5564

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
Nice job on the lights! I replaced my “fish bowls” (I call them that because they always have water in them) with the same triple Bargman LEDS. What is nice on your coach is the external housing so you don,t have to cut into the wall to recess them. On mine Instead of recessing them I had to make my own external housings out of Sapele and encapsulated them in epoxy and then paint

Attachment 269952
At first glance your DIY housings look factory. Nice job.
BTW, had to laugh at your fish bowl comments. It is so true.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #5565

Kwikee step repair

Had the Kwikee steps stop working Monday after they worked perfectly all day Sunday.

After a quick forum search, determined my controller was most likely working properly. A quick check with the volt meter confirmed the motor was getting the correct power signals, when the door was opened an closed.

Removed the motor and transmission assembly and disassembled it on the work bench (garage dryer). Completely pulled the motor apart, and found the brushes and armature were dirty. Did a quick clean with a 3M scotch brite pad.
It was a bit tricky assembling the motor and brushes, but I got it after two tries.
Went ahead and cleaned all the gears and applied fresh grease. Reassembled the lot and mounted the assembly back on the step. Took the time to replace four electrical connectors and finish with some heat shrink tubing.

Step works as normal, and I don't have to buy a new motor....yet
Sorry, no pictures this time guys.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:25 AM   #5566

Since you asked I am looking into digging into my hydroboost on my Safari Magnum chassis 95 Diesel Pusher,I need some help or at least a suggestion where to find a rebuilt hydroboost, this has a electric backup assist with power steering power brake just curious if anybody knows where I can purchase one rebuilt? really hard to find here in California I would really appreciate if anybody could give me suggestions or directions if nothing else I'll can rebuild it but I'm not young anymore and I don't like doing this stuff but thank God I'm able to do it! thanks in advance for any help I can get.
Kjmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #5567

HYDROMAX - medium duty truck - Page 1 - powerbrake-drivetrain

I got a master cylinder from them a few years ago.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #5568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjmckay View Post
Since you asked I am looking into digging into my hydroboost on my Safari Magnum chassis 95 Diesel Pusher,I need some help or at least a suggestion where to find a rebuilt hydroboost, this has a electric backup assist with power steering power brake just curious if anybody knows where I can purchase one rebuilt? really hard to find here in California I would really appreciate if anybody could give me suggestions or directions if nothing else I'll can rebuild it but I'm not young anymore and I don't like doing this stuff but thank God I'm able to do it! thanks in advance for any help I can get.
We were able to get one for our P32 from rockauto.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...e+booster,1884
Old 12-22-2019, 12:01 AM   #5569

feeling good

G ot back to laying the new flooring after ripping out the 70s carpet.
Decided to warm the rig up , so I got the furnace cleaned out and oiled the fan, she heats up great just don't want to shut off so tomorrow I will install the new thermostat http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1576997988
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190929_151536667.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	270173  
patches64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #5570

I was with my boss and we were at a shop where a guy was doing brakes on an old F550 flatbed truck. I cracked that I wondered if they'd miss one of those wheels as the appeared to be exactly what I needed for a spare for my class A. My boss immediately said "One of those? Hey you remember that scrawny little guy who used to work for me years ago? He's got a wrecker service now and they used those trucks. I bet money he's got a spare, he keeps everything." Before I could even say much he had him on speed dial to ask. Sure enough he claimed to have one "in his driveway" and I should come get it. For nothing. So I hustled over there right after work. He showed up and scuttled around like a cockroach for a bit and came out rolling the prize. After much thanks I took off with it.
Upon inspection at home it's not only an exact replacement wheel it has a viable Michelin on it holding air. Too old to run really and not so much tread, but what to do want from a free spare.
My coach has a spare rack behind the bumper that was empty when I got it and that always slightly bugged me. Plus I don't like to roll without at least some kind of spare anyway. So this deal kind of brightened my entire weekend.
Sometimes it's the little things.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:46 PM   #5571

Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #5572

Replaced the Shurflo fresh water pump with a Seaflo 42 series. Never was satisfied with pressure or flow, its only 25 years old.
The replacement Shurflo would be $125 and the Seaflow is $65.

It was well worth it, plenty of water and pressure.

Oh! And I took down the Christmas decorations