Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2022, 12:14 PM   #6567

Vintage RV Owners Club
Third coat of Top Deck is applied and the raised ceiling area has been trimmed with FRP and the corner ring has been installed. All of the aluminum ceiling angle iron is in and a soon as the fourth coat is down on the floor, I can start installing the remaining corner trim pieces and floor trim.

After that, fill the holding tank again to make the toilet flange raise up enough from the floor to pack the butyl tape under it before screwing it permanently into the floor with the jon bolts.

After that, finish installing the vent pipe from the tank and paint it to match the bathroom.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2022, 04:46 AM   #6568

American Coach Owners Club
I replaced the alternator now it charges good. started pulling out the carpet man is there a lot of staples.
dan412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:04 AM   #6569

Gulf Streamers Club
Rebuilt the roof ladder, the locking nuts in the tubes had rusted out and would no longer hold the ladder to the back of the coach. Also replaced the mounting screws with Stainless Steel hardware, no more rust I hope.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:31 AM   #6570

Monaco Owners Club
Gave the ole' girl a wash job over the weekend. I didn't have a chance to wash it after our last trip to the San Rafael Swell so I pulled it out of the shop over the weekend and gave her a bath.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wash1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	368180   Click image for larger version

Name:	wash2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	368181  

Name:	wash3.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	368182   Click image for larger version

Name:	wash4.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	368183  

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 01:02 PM   #6571

Vintage RV Owners Club
Applied the final (4th coat) of Marine Top Deck paint on the shower pan (It was custom in place constructed as part of the design, 1/4 of fiberglass resin over a beefy 5/8" plywood floor) and swapped out the mirror door in the medicine cabinet since I broke the glass in the original (Zenith no longer makes the original cabinet, so I bought way too expensive steel replacement unit that was as close to the size of the original as possible to steal the door from since it would have cost me likely the same as having a new piece of mirror glass cut and then having to figure out how to get it into the trim ring).

Installed the towel bars, after removing them from the other Camper, and the shampoo/soap tray to the wall.

Next up is putting down the bead of 3M 4200 caulk around the perimeter, installing the aluminum trim around the floor and then caulk it with the same.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:15 AM   #6572

What did you do to your old RV today?

Been awhile since I needed to do anything major. This spring has been replacing the back up camera which failed in January. Finally replaced the rear shocks with the Koni’s I bought two years ago. and dealt with replacing a warped rear brake drum.
When the microwave failed in 2020 I just roughed in the new one with a borrowed sawzall and never trimmed it out or refinished the cabinet face.. so I just finished veneering the cabinet face and modifying the old microwaves vented trim to work with the new microwave

The brake drum was a PITA. GM no longer sources new drums (1995 P30) and all the aftermarket drums are of mediocre Chinese manufacture. I was searching all over the southeast to find a shop that could turn a rear drum while still on the hub. Then just before I was about to drive 140 miles to a machine shop with the capability. I found a little backstreet shop 1/2 mile away with the correct lathe to do it for $20. I rounded it up to $40. (Grissom’s in Wilmington NC)
Old 06-15-2022, 04:55 AM   #6573

8 new Michelin tires needed on "The 10 Ball" Dang that wasnt cheap. To save some $$ I removed 4 wheels on one side at a time and hauled them to a truck tire place. While doing that, I noticed an issue with the front end. The bolt and rubber bushing for one of the steering stabilizer dampers was.....uh.....GONE! I have no idea how long and never noticed any adverse handling conditions. I removed the bar from the intact side (with the dampers on it) and took it to a commercial auto parts dealer in my area. Parts had to be ordered but were there the next day. All together now and test driven. Honestly, after the repair I still can't tell the difference but feel better about driving it!
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:10 AM   #6574

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
The brake drum was a PITA. GM no longer sources new drums (1995 P30) and all the aftermarket drums are of mediocre Chinese manufacture. I was searching all over the southeast to find a shop that could turn a rear drum while still on the hub. Then just before I was about to drive 140 miles to a machine shop with the capability. I found a little backstreet shop 1/2 mile away with the correct lathe to do it for $20. I rounded it up to $40. (Grissom’s in Wilmington NC)
Glad you found an old school machine shop, with the right equipment. Shops like these are a dying breed. In my late 20s, I would seek out the gray beards who did machine work and auto upholstery. They always did good work, for reasonablle prices.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:14 PM   #6575

Found out why my signals and wifi cam stopped working.
Any way to help keep these ends in better shape?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7 pin plug.png
Views:	20
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	368426  
Mogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 04:34 AM   #6576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogal View Post
Buy some "de-ox". Available at the box stores perhaps, but definitely at an auto parts place. Use it sparingly, a small squirt in each female terminal will do the trick. And NO DONT USE dielectric grease. In my business corroded spade terminals are quite common.
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:06 AM   #6577

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnuts View Post
Buy some "de-ox". Available at the box stores perhaps, but definitely at an auto parts place. Use it sparingly, a small squirt in each female terminal will do the trick. And NO DONT USE dielectric grease. In my business corroded spade terminals are quite common.
Thank you!
I found: Ox-Gard Anti-oxidant Compound 1 oz
Mogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:02 PM   #6578

To much like work

I have a 1994 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 33. Over the last year mine has been in my shop. I have replaced the exhaust manifold, turbo, injectors, injector pump, lift pump, water pump, oil pump, serpentine belt and, after dropping the radiator, had the radiator repaired. Made one trip to California and it developed brake issues, so back into the shop it went. I replaced all the calipers, brake hoses, front rotors and I am waiting for the master cylinder to arrive.
So instead of “What have you done to your RV, in my case it is what haven’t you done!😂🥲😥😢
MyFirstRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:23 AM   #6579

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I use dialectric grease on a regular basis.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:02 AM   #6580

Quote:
Get the following...

https://caig.com/deoxit-d-series/
VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System G-Man 360 generator man (PM me)
1972VWbus is offline   Reply With Quote