Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmugsshow View Post
Just finished installing Pergo flooring. Took a couple days and a sore back but we've very pleased.
PICS!? Please, LOL.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpony View Post
Pioneer DEH-4400HD on sale for $89.

BTW, my lug nuts are supposed to be torqued to 450-500 lb-ft. You are not going to break those loose without the use of an impact gun.
I checked my owners manual and my lug bolts are also 450-500 ft pounds of torque. We borrowed two impact guns , one was a 1/2 inch drive, max torque 500 lbs, no luck at all breaking them loose, then we got one with a 3/4 inch drive, torque unknown, and we still could not break them loose, it made one hell of a racket tho.
Tomorrow we have a friend bringing one of those big two handed jobs home to try. We are using a Gasoline dual tank compressor that we can crank up to around 140 psi.
Those bolts have been on there for a long time, guess we are fighting a combination of torque and rust
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #87

I guess they didn't want the wheels coming off accidentally, LOL. Good luck!

I think by black tank knife valve has a bit of a leak, oh joy.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpony View Post
I guess they didn't want the wheels coming off accidentally, LOL. Good luck!

I think by black tank knife valve has a bit of a leak, oh joy.
I was out looking at impact wrench's today, the most powerful one I saw was a 900-950 ft pound torque one at Northern Supply for 100 bucks.
I have one but it is 150 pound unit and will not even break the lugs off my jeep wheels
Old 10-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #89

maybe left hand threads on those stuck lug nuts?

i just put one of those pioneer stereo's in my tow vehicle and looking forward to the USB port and commercial free music

also wired it for trailer brakes with a new controller
Skip-n-Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #90

Replaced the carpet in the cab and the coach entry. Installed wainscot in the bathroom.
islecop92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #91

installed a new battery box and wired in a couple LED light strips for when no hookups are available
Skip-n-Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #92

Tried to make it so water stays in the toilet bowl. Copious amounts of plumbers grease works. Just might have to break down and buy the new seal anyway.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #93

On radio I just put a kenwood in I did the under dash kit total cost & 145
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #94

Ford Super Duty Owner
Checked out the furnace to make sure all was well wit it as we'll need it in our travels. Started putting the trim back around the kitchen floor. Will have to finish it tomorrow as we want to hit the paavement next week. A few pieces were ruined as they had turned a black color and were wet anyway. The leak is now fixed I hope, when it's a small leak it's quite hard to find but when it remains un noticed, well the damage goes deep.

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #95

Got a deal on a group 27 Bosch battery at Pep Boys, it was on sale for 103.99 down from 119.99 and the salesman told me about an online coupon for 20.00 off any store bought item over 100. He printed it out for me and the battery got reduced to 83.99 plus tax's, It has 750 CCA which is a lot power at zero degrees, it puts out even more when warmer
Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #96

That battery has a 36 month full guaranty! I've replaced mine twice due to a short somewhere in my engine. I now use a dash cutoff switch until I can isolate the problem.

Installed the new hanging bolts for the propane tank and started to reinstall the bamboo floor, looks great!
PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #97

rewired head lights and front running lights due to battery corrosion
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #98

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
I checked my owners manual and my lug bolts are also 450-500 ft pounds of torque. We borrowed two impact guns , one was a 1/2 inch drive, max torque 500 lbs, no luck at all breaking them loose, then we got one with a 3/4 inch drive, torque unknown, and we still could not break them loose, it made one hell of a racket tho.
Tomorrow we have a friend bringing one of those big two handed jobs home to try. We are using a Gasoline dual tank compressor that we can crank up to around 140 psi.
Those bolts have been on there for a long time, guess we are fighting a combination of torque and rust
I bought a 3/4 drive socket set from Northern tools. (cheap) I got a drive shaft from a junked car. The drive shaft is about seven feet long after cutting off one end. I slip the drive shaft over the breaker bar and socket. I can loosen any lugnut now. I always break all nuts loose and retorque when I get the motorhome back home from the tire store. This has worked flawlessly for the past twenty years.