Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #3655

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
We noticed the MH is leaking oil again, I'm going to tighten the valve cover gasket that we replaced last fall.
We changed out a inline fusible link for the rear heater and it started up. Next is the furnace.

Bought a new battery charger and hooked up to MH batteries and over the last 2 days charged them up. Unhooked yesterday and this morning we started the MH up and the genie. Maybe I lucked out and they are okay. Time will tell.

tim
Both MH and Gennie fired right up.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2018, 09:23 PM   #3656

Purchased an Onan 6.5NH series genset and cracked a rib helping the seller offload it onto my driveway......
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:28 PM   #3657

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinstone View Post
How did you make out with the step's? I have been under mine all day trying to figure out the wiring and driving me crazy
That's why I came right back out from under several weeks ago when I went to try that, LOL......because I don't even know if the motor works anyway to justify wasting the time and aggravation.
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:27 PM   #3658

Don't forget to check your door switch to be certain it's making a good ground to activate your steps.
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:14 AM   #3659

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by olcarguy View Post
Don't know a lot about class B are the pipes underneath open or covered.
They are open.
This is a picture of where the city water comes in and goes inside, next is connection from fresh water tank to inside and release. It's mostly that hard grey pex. I've only had water in the system to test it. Still have to hook up kitchen faucet again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180131_160855.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	197163   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180131_160830.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	197164  

filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:26 AM   #3660

Quote:
How did you make out with the step's? I have been under mine all day trying to figure out the wiring and driving me crazy
Was that a long drive?
Lonesome54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:33 AM   #3661

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
I tried that with the existing wire's and they would not work, so I ran new wire's and switches and still not working rite..
Don't know if this will help, but here is a step wiring diagram. It may give you some ideas.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kwikee Wiring Diagram.pdf (98.4 KB, 17 views)
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:33 AM   #3662

Installed new brushed aluminum blinds and the newly recovered valances. Removed the old water heater and ordered a gas/electric combo unit. Picking up some paint for the outside today to change the 90's metallic mauve to bronze.
IMG_3676 by H W, on Flickr
IMG_E3674 by H W, on Flickr
waspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:01 AM   #3663

[QUOTE=waspp;4109633]Installed new brushed aluminum blinds and the newly recovered valances. Removed the old water heater and ordered a gas/electric combo unit. Picking up some paint for the outside today to change the 90's metallic mauve to bronze.
QUOTE]

Where'd you get the aluminum blinds? I'd like to replace the "salmon" colored blinds in my coach.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:23 PM   #3664

Got an oil change and chassis inspection/lube. Found some leaking around the right front inner hub seal; replacing both sides' seals (and bearings, if needs be). Have some long distance family time planned for the old joker; figure that's one BIIIIG surprise we DON'T need.
ArgoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #3665

fuel polish again?

This is what the equipment looks like,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	polish.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	197274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polish2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	669.2 KB
ID:	197275  

Old 03-29-2018, 10:36 PM   #3666

Vintage RV Owners Club
I never knew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
This is what the equipment looks like,
I had never heard of fuel polishing! Now I know. Something to consider if there's ever a diesel conversion in Flatnose Frank someday.
BJohnsonsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #3667

Fuel polishing

For those unfamiliar with the process (like I was until told about it by CountryB, Thank you Sir,) it's a system that runs the contents of your fuel tank through a one micron filter, to remove particulate and algae, then through a water separator to remove any accumulation of water, or just moisture. It's not a once through operation, they cycle it through their system multiple times, so if your fuel wasn't like mine (probably 10 years old) it should restore it to good diesel again, (less the garbage.) In my case it resulted in having a nice clean, algae free, and dry tank in which to put fresh fuel, and once I run it for a few miles I'll swap out my fuel filter (have to allow it to filter whatever gunk remains in my fuel lines, as the polishing does not reach into the fuel lines) with a new one and I'm as good to go as the rig was when new, allowing for its mileage.

Truly a lifesaver.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:25 AM   #3668

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
TIP: any push-on electrical connectors can get a corrosion; try removing/ reinstalling all push-ons? You might also need to tighten slightly any you find loose.
Many times the problems with electrical systems are faults with the grounds. The manufacturers put ground connectors into unprotected steel and when it rusts, the ground becomes a high resistance and many things like engine computers start causing problems. I've had two cars that would stop from time to time and the fault was the grounding, nothing else.
mrehmus is offline   Reply With Quote