Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2020, 11:41 PM   #5601

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R23DRVR View Post
During the last two years of interior restoration/modernization of our MH, I used the Rust-o-leum three step Formica counter top coating product. Follow the instructions, and the hardest part is the prep masking of all other surfaces.

Excellent results easily obtained by an amateur.

In hopes that the pixs load effectively.

Nice job!
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2020, 07:55 AM   #5602

Quote:
Originally Posted by R23DRVR View Post
During the last two years of interior restoration/modernization of our MH, I used the Rust-o-leum three step Formica counter top coating product. Follow the instructions, and the hardest part is the prep masking of all other surfaces.

Excellent results easily obtained by an amateur.

In hopes that the pixs load effectively.

Nice job on the sink! The Rust-o-leum kits was the original plan for my kitchen counter before DW expressed a desire for a single bowl sink to gain more counter space.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #5603

So far this winter...

Replaced house and inverter batteries, replaced kitchen faucet, replaced slide motor, fixed hinges on a cabinet door
Sabot Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #5604

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Glad my storage place doesn’t mind you working on your coach as long as it is smaller items.

New house water pump to replace 19 year old one that finally seized up. Auqajet was replaced with same model, was happy with previous, hope to be happy with new one.
New headlight housings with LED bulbs, look a lot better than old yellowed lens. Still have to aim them as they are very low.
Changed connectors on water pump to quick connect and one baggage door plug to quick connectors. Using power-pole connectors, 30 amp capacity.
Changed light bulb in water pump indicator in bathroom to an LED so it would light. Old incandescent bulb was burnt out. Found two more that need attention :banghead.

Waiting on Amazon and EBay to deliver more parts to finish a few more items off.

Terry & Pat
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #5605

What did you do to your old RV today?

Overhauled TBI today. Though I have low miles on this 1995 it is approaching 25 years in age. I first noticed some surging and rough idle near the end of the last tour. The oxygen sensor was the original and had aged out so I replaced it without diagnosis and test drove. Engine was acting normal again. I also did some voltage checks on the IAC (good) and throttle position sensor which was reading higher than spec. I couldn’t move the TPS enough to adjust the voltage down any farther. I went to get a new TPS and decided I might as well go through the throttle body with a good cleaning and new gaskets o rings and screens. Went well, I reset the ECM and set a new baseline idle and then ran it a awhile and drove it awhile longer. Running good and for the first time I have idle at 700-750 instead of 900 rpm.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #5606

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gave our 88 Winnebago to my mechanic friends son, now I have to find space for all my tools I was storing in it! A shame but tired of scammers looking to buy it , so let the kid have some fun with it!

'06 Itasca Sunova 8.1/4l85e, retired 90 Dakota Convertible Toad, 2015 Kia Soul (SunovaToad)
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:56 PM   #5607

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
Overhauled TBI today. Though I have low miles on this 1995 it is approaching 25 years in age. I first noticed some surging and rough idle near the end of the last tour. The oxygen sensor was the original and had aged out so I replaced it without diagnosis and test drove. Engine was acting normal again. I also did some voltage checks on the IAC (good) and throttle position sensor which was reading higher than spec. I couldn’t move the TPS enough to adjust the voltage down any farther. I went to get a new TPS and decided I might as well go through the throttle body with a good cleaning and new gaskets o rings and screens. Went well, I reset the ECM and set a new baseline idle and then ran it a awhile and drove it awhile longer. Running good and for the first time I have idle at 700-750 instead of 900 rpm.
More info please. What engine?
Old 02-06-2020, 07:24 PM   #5608

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
New gas shocks on engine access door. Now it stays open unassisted.

Batteries cleaned off and battery compartment also.

New driving lights installed, just need to find out why there is no power to them.. Will check electrical drawings tomorrow.

Remote temperature sensor fixed, can now see inside and outside temperature.

Next we have to check out the taps in the shower.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #5609

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Gave our 88 Winnebago to my mechanic friends son, now I have to find space for all my tools I was storing in it! A shame but tired of scammers looking to buy it , so let the kid have some fun with it!

Sounds like a good plan Bob.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:12 PM   #5610

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Bounder1st View Post
New gas shocks on engine access door. Now it stays open unassisted.

Batteries cleaned off and battery compartment also.

New driving lights installed, just need to find out why there is no power to them.. Will check electrical drawings tomorrow.

Remote temperature sensor fixed, can now see inside and outside temperature.

Next we have to check out the taps in the shower.

Terry
I think if my memory is right, the headlight switch has to be on, for the running lights to come on? Mine need replaced, they are very cheap, plastic mounting, won't stay tight/in adjustment, so replacing this year!
What kind did you get?
If your taps are like mine, you can get the whole replacement tap at Lowes or Menards, I just replace the O-rings on mine and they don't leak anymore, mine were leaking from the stem when you turned the water on!

Rail!
Old 02-06-2020, 09:15 PM   #5611

Good going Bob!!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:12 AM   #5612

I just picked up an Edelbrock Performer 2-0 intake manifold, a rebuilt quadrajet, and a set of Edelbrock intake gaskets for my 454. Last year, a leaking fuel line caused a fire on the intake which fried the carb and warped part of the manifold. I'm finally at a place where I can make the repairs.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #5613

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGrizz View Post

I'd bet 454 TBI 7.4L
udid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:21 AM   #5614

Quote:
Originally Posted by udidwht View Post
I'd bet 454 TBI 7.4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGrizz View Post
Sorry for the long delay in reply. I was getting ready for a road trip and then we were traveling...

Yes it is, 1995 7.4 TBI. 44k miles. I just put 760 miles on it and gas mileage has improved on average 1 mpg. Cold starts and transition to open loop is now seamless whereas in the past there would be a stumble during the transition. Transmission shifting is smoother now at lower speeds when it would often wind out and grab at 3rd gear in city driving.

Word of advice about parts other than ACDelco. When I changed the Throttle position sensor I installed a BWD brand (borg warner) the engine ran like crap and the transmission was shifting very erratic. Where the voltage should have been around .54 closed throttle. this one was reading .38 volts I took it back and the parts guy say,s “yeah we have had trouble with these”.oHe didn’t have much else to say when I asked him Why he sold it to me to begin with if he knew that. I drove 30 miles to the first place with AC Delco. Probably all of them come from the same Chinese factory but I have yet to have an issue with the AC Delco parts.