Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2020, 10:35 PM   #5727

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Further, if there is a 30-min quick fix vs an 8-hrs warranty procedure, their manual will have the 8-hr procedure.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2020, 01:40 AM   #5728

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangit00 View Post
Dash blower stopped working last month, finally figured out how to get to it without destroying the dash.Attachment 281887
don't hate...my whole dash just tilts up. giving access to everything. i use an old aluminum bat to hold it up.

if it helps, I'm still trying to repair damage done to 80% of under dash wiring by rescue squirrels my wife thought needed exercise....took her over a week to nab each one.

It's a mess and really rough in my back & 2.5yr old new hip.
Brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:47 AM   #5729

Winnebago Owners Club
some jobs are tougher than others.. RV and TT are built with the thought of production ease,$$$ value and not repairing..

Access is a pain in xxx Sometimes take stuff apart that i do not want to just to get at another wire or spot to fix..

Wires are routed and secured like banjo strings with no slack....

On the flip side in my 96 minnie c class.. I find some well thought and slick thinking when it was built but then i let out "what were they thinking"... LOL

Well to day I want to replace the auto step switch, second time as the vendor went wrong one.. got the right one in the mail.. thanks USPS.. BUT I woke up to almost 6" of April snow....
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:14 AM   #5730

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibe View Post
some jobs are tougher than others.. RV and TT are built with the thought of production ease,$$$ value and not repairing..

Access is a pain in xxx Sometimes take stuff apart that i do not want to just to get at another wire or spot to fix..

Wires are routed and secured like banjo strings with no slack....

On the flip side in my 96 minnie c class.. I find some well thought and slick thinking when it was built but then i let out "what were they thinking"... LOL

Well to day I want to replace the auto step switch, second time as the vendor went wrong one.. got the right one in the mail.. thanks USPS.. BUT I woke up to almost 6" of April snow....
Doesn't that give a whole new appreciation for the effort and knowledge RV techs have to have to work on and troubleshoot the myriad of different models (that can change through the model year).
Old 04-19-2020, 09:21 AM   #5731

Replaced the seals on my 20 foot slide. Fairly easy job, surprisingly.

Next up, transmission drain and fill with new filters.
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:52 AM   #5732

Good morning.
Mj and Amanda here. We have a 1993 Jayco Eagle, we named Job I. We gutted it and finished the bedroom and bathroom. Today we are going to sand the bondo in the living area and gripper all the walls and cupboards. Kovu is almost done and we are ready to be free again.....pics are old then new in the bedroom.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-04-20-09-16-15.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	282559Click image for larger version

Name:	20200418_153840.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	282560
m.j.colors77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:07 AM   #5733

Got up at 6:30 AM today to move our RV. The city tree in front of our house is being removed today, and they needed all of our vehicles to be moved. We parked our RV next to our friends house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVs.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	282609  
Old 04-22-2020, 04:25 PM   #5734

Lipstick on a pig

Its been a lot of work but she's coming along. Still a couple weeks away from finishing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	paint.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	282646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200405_155702.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	923.9 KB
ID:	282647  

Name:	sanded.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	282649  
schwansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:36 PM   #5735

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwansnest View Post
Its been a lot of work but she's coming along. Still a couple weeks away from finishing.

LOVE the paint job! But aren’t the waves going the wrong way?
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #5736

I kind of thought the waves were backwards too, but nevermind. It's pretty.

Couldn't put it off anymore. Coach was starving for fuel last time out. Wasn't sure we were getting home. I felt the "sock" on the in-tank fuel pump was clogged/collapsed. Previous owner said he had replaced the fuel pump but didn't say when.
Tank has about 40 gallons in it. Didn't really want to drain it. In fact I want to fill it while gas is cheap. Got it parked "tail high" so I only needed the jacks to stabilize it. Or I hoped it was high enough anyway. Disconnected the filler hose to see the filler neck on the tank was severely chewed looking. Looked at the other end of the hose and the outer neck was beat up a bit. Hose looked somewhat new. I guessed the old hose was a rock hard bear to get off and he tried everything before giving up and cutting it off. There's also a 3/4" vent hose to the filler that runs alongside the main fill hose. Grabbed it and it came out of the frame in my hand. Apparently he cut it off and never put it back. No clamp and it didn't matter, it was a few inches short of reaching the tank anyway. Hrrrmm.
I have a motorcycle jack and trimmed one of my 2x12 jack blocks to fit on top of it and between two duel tank ribs. Crossed my fingers and let the tank down. My main concern was the plastic fuel lines but it turned out everything had plenty of slack. Top of the pump did indeed look fairly new. For some reason the tank heeled way over to the passenger side where I was jacking from but the jack has an upright piece that acted as a stop. Made access quite a bit easier.
A stub caught my eye. Just a bit and a ring that evidenced there used to be a ground strap from the tank to the frame. Like every other fuel tank ever. I had a new one.
Off to the front the wiring conduit looked odd. There are matching tabs on the tank and frame with bolt holes and it appears he got the pump wiring pinched in between them. Severely. Two inches of wire were so flat I cut it out and reconnected it. Tabs? Seems like such a tab would have a bolt in it, right? No. Another one at the rear had marks like it came from the factory with a bolt. Jeez. I have bolts, washers, and such. No problem.

Pulled the pump. I was disappointed to see though the "sock" was brown and rusty looking it didn't seem {i]really[/i] clogged. Also surprisingly small. Found the specs but couldn't find a larger (higher capacity) replacement. Bought one locally. Before reinstalling I was looking at the canister of the pump assembly. Wondering if it was worth rinsing it out as I could see some rusty stuff down it. I noted online about how a company would only warranty their pump if you replaced BOTH fuel filters. Though that was odd the "sock" is the pre-filter and the other filter is inline halfway up the frame. Oh well. Canister seemed to be held together by three tiny screws. Apart it cames now I can see the actual pump. Lo and behold, the pump has a second smaller sock on the end of it and it is SOLID rusty mud. Yay! Nailed it. This sock was easily cleaned, I didn't need to buy another. Reassembled adding the missing parts and splicing in a bit of vent hose. Not only does it work but the fuel gauge reads a lot more snappily. Better ground now?

What bothers me is the socks are still too small and I did nothing about the rust that much be all in the tank. Kicking around a way to add a fuel pressure gauge that might warn me of it getting clogged up again. But it should be Ok for out planned fairly short next trip this summer, if we get to go. Plus I can fill it on up with the cheap gas now.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:51 AM   #5737

Winnebago Owners Club
Way to go. Always satisfying to "fix" things. Too bad you had to "fix" things.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:49 AM   #5738

Lipstick on a pig

You would think the waves are backwards but to match the big one i had to do it that way. In any case, if you ever climbed a hill in this rig you would sware you were going backwards. LOL in which case they would be right.
schwansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #5739

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwansnest View Post
You would think the waves are backwards but to match the big one i had to do it that way. In any case, if you ever climbed a hill in this rig you would sware you were going backwards. LOL in which case they would be right.

The waves aren’t backwards that is a following sea. [emoji106]
Old 04-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #5740

Newmar Owners Club
Coolant hoses and coolant. found a hose clamp rubbing a hole in the intake pipe.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CoolantHoses.jpg
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	283261   Click image for larger version

Name:	IntakeRub.jpg
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	283262