Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2020, 09:00 PM   #5797

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Replaced gold bathroom tap with a brushed nickel finish one. Looks better and wife is happier.
Click image for larger version

Name:	CDECEAFF-BF16-41A3-B386-497DE2A8E321.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	285486

PClick image for larger version

Name:	AA2278D8-A156-4C6C-804C-D2162CE1808D.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	285487

Even match counter top better. Now to change other one in bathroom.

Terry & Pat
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2020, 10:00 PM   #5798

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Bounder1st View Post
Replaced gold bathroom tap with a brushed nickel finish one. Looks better and wife is happier.
Attachment 285486

PAttachment 285487

Even match counter top better. Now to change other one in bathroom.

Terry & Pat
Really looks good. Now you need to change out the soap dish as well.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:05 PM   #5799

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
Post a pic of the taillights, there may be some equivalent to what you have.

Looking good BTW.
Thanks I'm pretty happy with the fact that people slow down to look a her as they come down the street. I'll get a picture posted up tomorrow, I've done some pretty extensive looking myself but maybe I'll get lucky and someone will have one on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
The effect of the blackout around the front glass is amazing. Took a couple of years right off!
Very true along with a full fresh painting of the white on the front. Just need to finish repairing the grill and paint it now!
Lifeowinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #5800

Vintage RV Owners Club
I bought my latest SunPower panels from https://www.sunpoweredyachts.com/. Called Lyall, nice small business in Hawaii that drop ships all over the US.

The mounting technique is all thanks to RV with Tito. https://youtu.be/hROYaqY83v4
Warning - you may end up binge watching all of the great RV DIY videos there ^! 😂👍👍
BJohnsonsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #5801

2002 Bounder 33R - Map Lights - can't find power

OK, I need help (again).

On our 2002 Bounder 33R, the overhead map light haven't ever really worked (since we purchased it 5 years ago).

The lights I am talking about are on each side of the rear view camers and in front of the driver/passenger fans on the overhead cabinetry. These are a push button on/off set of map lights for driver/passenger. I assume these are powered once the ignition switch is on, as the camera and fans also don't get power until the switch is on/engine running....

The lights I have do not work... and the white and black wires connecting them do not get 12V any time switch on/off, engine running. etc.

I looked every place/forum that I can to try and figure out where these wires are coming from, but cannot find anything showing them at all. Additionally, I have used my volt meter and checked every fuse I can find (main panels in the bedroom, main distribution in the engine bay, and secondary panel in the driver footwell area) and I cannot find any fuse that isn't showing continuity.

I initially thought it was the lights themselves until I couldn't get power... I have new replacements (leds) and want to use them. I could run new wiring but would rather use what is already there.

Anyone have ANY idea on what I have missed, or have a wiring diagram to show where these go (or where some additional dastardly placed fuse might be that I haven't tested)?

ANY and all help is appreciated... then this will go on here as a NEW thing I have done to my old RV!
THanks
Larry
ldswofford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:53 PM   #5802

Ford Super Duty Owner
Try turning the dash dimmer switch all the way up.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #5803

We made a storage bed out of bookshelves. Plywood is cut and ready to be installed. This thing is sturdy as h%ck.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200515_143259.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	285623
m.j.colors77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:17 PM   #5804

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Try turning the dash dimmer switch all the way up.

I will try that tomorrow... I would think that the lights would have power without the dimmer turned all the way up... given that they have an on/off button... but I am willing to try anything at this point. Thanks
ldswofford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #5805

I upgraded my fluorescent fixtures which dated my rig to LED upscale fixtures. inexpensive and easy to do. Made a huge, huge difference. ~$1,000

https://www.maplegroverv.com/--led-l...-installations

Now I am adding a battery watering system to add water to my golf cart batteries without getting acid in my eyes. cheap and saves damaging/cost batteries. ~$150

https://www.flow-rite.com/battery-ca...es/pro-fill-3/
swduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:35 AM   #5806

Monaco Owners Club
sprayed 3% hydrogen peroxide on a few dark ceiling (carpet) stains and watched them disappear. there are some moderate-mild stains left to do and the ceiling will be brite’n’shiny.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:49 AM   #5807

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldswofford View Post
OK, I need help (again).

On our 2002 Bounder 33R, the overhead map light haven't ever really worked (since we purchased it 5 years ago).

The lights I am talking about are on each side of the rear view camers and in front of the driver/passenger fans on the overhead cabinetry. These are a push button on/off set of map lights for driver/passenger. I assume these are powered once the ignition switch is on, as the camera and fans also don't get power until the switch is on/engine running....

The lights I have do not work... and the white and black wires connecting them do not get 12V any time switch on/off, engine running. etc.

I looked every place/forum that I can to try and figure out where these wires are coming from, but cannot find anything showing them at all. Additionally, I have used my volt meter and checked every fuse I can find (main panels in the bedroom, main distribution in the engine bay, and secondary panel in the driver footwell area) and I cannot find any fuse that isn't showing continuity.

I initially thought it was the lights themselves until I couldn't get power... I have new replacements (leds) and want to use them. I could run new wiring but would rather use what is already there.

Anyone have ANY idea on what I have missed, or have a wiring diagram to show where these go (or where some additional dastardly placed fuse might be that I haven't tested)?

ANY and all help is appreciated... then this will go on here as a NEW thing I have done to my old RV!
THanks
Larry
A cable tracer might be a good purchase. They are fairly cheap at some of the discount stores like Harbor Freight.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:09 AM   #5808

Winnebago Owners Club
Have you checked the ground connections?

knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #5809

Winnebago Owners Club
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:13 AM   #5810

Forest River Owners Club
I added plexiglass to the screen door so the dogs dont rip the screen out
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote