Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #6077

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
This week I added a
I also pulled the Kwikee steps yesterday, and started stripping the rust. I'll be painting it with POR15 and putting new 3M anti-slip strips on. Work in progress.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2020, 02:55 PM   #6078

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Watched the. Vikings win there 1st game this season.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #6079

Removed the dinette and sleeper sofa. Ripped the carpet out of the main area and almost got the old linoleum out. Still pulling tiny staples.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:06 AM   #6080

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wink

Sold the old MH Sunday. One less thing to have in storage.
Spent an hour and half with new owner while he videotaped everything. List was very important.

Terry & Pat
Down to one MH.
No more his and hers.
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:10 AM   #6081

Bounder bathroom remodel

So, last week, the wife and I started working on remodeling the bathroom in our 2002 Bounder 33R. THe plan is to replace the high sided tub/shower with a new shower pan and surround, new bead board walls, vanity, sink and faucet, and paint the old upper cabinets to a lighter gray, instead of the old original dark cherry.

The shower manufacturers don't make a shower pan 44 inches x 24 inches (size of the original tub, so had to search for a 40x24 pan. Apparently pandemic has a lot of things on backorder, but I luckily found one via online and am hoping that they meet the 5-7 business day shipping they promised.

Upper cabinet painting went well, along with putting up the bead board paneling. Today's plan is to clean up the routing of electrical wiring and heating duct work under the platform that the shower pan and vanity set on, then build support frame for the new platform. Will also change the ducts from 4" plastic from the mfg. to 3 inch aluminum...

One issue I am running into is that we want to have sliding glass doors for the shower. building supplies carry them, but the smallest opening I see them cover is 44", not 40". I have seen in other forums and posts a 3 panel glass slider being worked on for other motorhomes...

Does anyone know of a source where I might find one of these?

Thanks
Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV bath remodel.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	303426  
ldswofford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:46 PM   #6082
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Larry, if you went with a 40" sliding door wouldn't your actual entry opening be limited to a max of 20"? (more likely even slightly less) Seems a bit tight to me.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #6083

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Don't know about a 3 part door, but here's another possibility

https://shop.stoett.com/nautilus-ret...-doors-for-rv/
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #6084

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldswofford View Post
One issue I am running into is that we want to have sliding glass doors for the shower. building supplies carry them, but the smallest opening I see them cover is 44", not 40". I have seen in other forums and posts a 3 panel glass slider being worked on for other motorhomes...

Does anyone know of a source where I might find one of these?
Hi Larry,

You might try: http://www.seamerica.com/

Shower Enclosures America, Inc.
501 Kettering Dr. Ontario CA. 91761
PHONE - 800.536.7324 FAX - 909.605.7793
info@seamerica.com

They are the source for the shower enclosure in my '18 Entegra Anthem. That is a three panel enclosure with an outside width dimension of 38 3/4".

I'm in the process of procuring one as a replacement for mine. It's $200 + $135 S&H. Actually, I only need one of the glass panels (shattered while coach was in storage). Unfortunately, Shower Enclosures America doesn't supply replacement panels and the local glass distributor wants $465 for the one panel.

Good luck finding a source.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-11-2020, 09:54 AM   #6085

MaxxAir

Have been thinking about installing a vent fan in our kitchen for quite some time. Finally bit the bullet and ordered a MAxxAir 4000K 10-speed reversing fan. Took me 5 hours, from start to finish, to remove the original ventline roof vent, clean off the old Dicor, install and wire the new assembly, and apply new Dicor. Got real lucky, in that the roof opening was pre-wired for an optional power fan.

The wife seems real happy, and we are one step closer to dry camping in Joshua Tree this Christmas.

On a side note, after searching the internet (on and off) for three years for new turn signal assemblies I found a seller. The seller had just posted on eBay. Seems he had a company which parted out magazine press cars in the 1980s. Got a great deal for $40.00 a pair.
What kind of car are they from, you might ask? 1981 to 85 Buick LeSabre. Can only speculate Fleetwood got a great deal on purchasing all of GMs stock of these lenses a decade after production.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fan2a.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	304302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan1al.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	384.2 KB
ID:	304303  

Old 10-12-2020, 04:56 PM   #6086

If you look closely on the lenses of your old ones you will see numbers. Google the numbers and they tell you what the light/assemblies are for. Then go to EBAY and look them up from sellers. Eagle Eyz is a company that makes nice replacements. My 06 Revolution had headlights in it from a 2002 Ford Contour.
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #6087

What did you do to your old RV today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det57 View Post
If you look closely on the lenses of your old ones you will see numbers. Google the numbers and they tell you what the light/assemblies are for. Then go to EBAY and look them up from sellers. Eagle Eyz is a company that makes nice replacements. My 06 Revolution had headlights in it from a 2002 Ford Contour.

My 02 American Tradition has headlight assemblies sourced from a 5-series BMW. Replaced them a few months ago with aftermarket projectors with halos for less than $200.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:16 PM   #6088

Added 6 gal. water expansion tank to reduce pump start/stops

I’ve grown tired of hearing my water pump start/stop/start/stop when I run a faucet or flush the commode. I’ve been planning to install a 2 gallon tank for over a year, finally made time to do it.

I noticed I had lots of unused and wasted room under my bathroom sink, so I purchased a six gallon tank and installed. I cut the sink drain off near the bottom so I could slip the tank in. Before mounting the tank, I had some scrap plywood to the floor of the cabinet so the tank would have a solid foundation. I screwed the plywood down, added a strip of plywood longwise with the tank to make a kind of cradle, then used strips I cut from scrap vinyl siding to strap the tank down. Anything similar would work, including plumbers strap.

Since I don’t know the actual cut in/cut out pressures my pump is honoring, I set the precharge on the tank at 34 lbs. Once I connected the plumbing and turned the pump on the pump cycled and immediately went of as it has done for years. I then started letting air out of the precharge until the pump started pumping. For me that was a precharge of about 18 lbs. As planned, the pump ran solidly for a longer amount of time, filling the tank. Now I can run the water out of a faucet, or flush the commode numerous times before the pump fires back up and fills the tank again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	75D7A4C1-871F-486C-A9F0-2AD79FF9E032.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	304437   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBF5FDC8-04EF-4288-B29D-CD7499CF94CD.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	304438  

Old 10-13-2020, 04:17 AM   #6089

Gulf Streamers Club
Where did you get them, I have been searching for years for my coach which used late 80s Audi 100 series. No one I have checked with has anything compatible.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:30 AM   #6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
Where did you get them, I have been searching for years for my coach which used late 80s Audi 100 series. No one I have checked with has anything compatible.

I was able to find the BMW replacement on both Amazon and eBay. But for the Audis a quick search I found some on eBay looks like you’re limited to new old stock or used because no one is customizing Audis there’s no aftermarket support for upgrades.

Name:	IMG_1339.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	304490
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote