RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-19-2020, 02:36 PM   #1

What do I have?

I just bought a 1988 Executive Prestige engine runs great but transmission has no reverse you feel it go into reverse when selected but just kinda shudders When you give it gas.
First thing I’ve been trying to do is gather information about what I have before I can try to find out anything about what my problems are with the rv which I have several and even more questions probably but need to make sure what is there first.

When I look up the vin # it shows it’s an incomplete rv by Chevy and has a 7.4 8cyl. gas engine which it doesn’t. I think it has a Cummins 6BT or 6BTA and I think the transmission might be Allison 545.
I wanted to be certain so I can look up information and ask the correct questions. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Btw it is on the p30 frame if that helps
Bdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2020, 06:02 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/1988...ge-201754.html

There are quite a few articles on this MH if you google it. The iRV2 article at the top should get you some info. One man has the manuals to this if you do not have them. If you click over his name you can send him a personal message. See if he can send you some stuff or answer your questions.

Take some pictures and post please, we love to see these older beauties.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:14 PM   #3

Thanks! I had seen that thread but it is a few years old so wasnít sure. I hadnít seen that video before though it is very similar to mine just a few differences. Mine is in pretty good shape inside beside needing a good cleaning and maybe even carpet removal if it doesnít clean up.
No leaks but has a few electrical gremlins I think someone before me had messed around with. I have lots of different things I need to check out on it. Iím pretty sure someone had been living in it at one time and itís been sitting for quite a while but in decent shape considering it all.
I actually have the owners manual and appliance manuals too. Iím in need of some kind of electrical diagram though.

Iím still confused why the vin# shows a different motor on mine though. And my first concern is going to be figuring out the reverse issue.
Thanks for the info Iím going to start looking into the Monaco pages now too!
Bdawg is offline   Reply With Quote