Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago-Rider View Post
Btw, I think you will like that camper. I have the same. Love it. 8+ mpg.

Check your anti sway bar bushings.. My rear ones were completely gone.

1998 Thor Windsport 33SL on 1997 F53 chassis.

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Thanks for the heads up. I plan on going through the chassis this weekend and get everything all lubed up since who knows when the last time it was done. It can't hurt the put fresh grease in it.
Kylemccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #30

This is the ones I ordered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271260637791...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Several on here have used these also. Took just a few days to come. Replacing them was not difficult. Took longer to get the rear bolts out than any other step.

Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago-Rider View Post
This is the ones I ordered.

Front Rear Sway Bar Bushings Ford F53 Class A motorhome 1990 1997 | eBay

Several on here have used these also. Took just a few days to come. Replacing them was not difficult. Took longer to get the rear bolts out than any other step.

Yeah, after you mentioned that last night, i went on and bought these ones too. I figured id just change em out anyway to go from the crappy rubber ones that ford puts on there to the poly to avoid any issues later...
Kylemccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #32

I sprayed all the nuts and bolts with PBblaster each day while I waited for the parts to come in.

When doing the work, I rolled the mh up on stacked 2x12s that I had here to give me more room to move about under there.

I already had the 2x12s .. I carry them Incase I am on a campsite that is not level.

Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylemccoy View Post
So this is some sort of braking system for a towed vehicle?
Kylemccoy
No!......(but it could be an air compressor for "some sort of braking system for a towed vehicle").
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #34

FWIW - given the number of folks who talk about carrying a compressor I would figure out what it took to get it working just to use as an air source when needed.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #35

It is an air compressor for a RoadMaster/BrakeMaster auxiliary braking system for a towed vehicle. Go to the back of the MH you should see an air chuck by the hitch. An air line connects to this fitting and to a mating fitting on the towed vehicle. From there an air line is routed through the engine compartment to under the dash. An air cylinder hooks to a mounting bracket under the driver's seat and to the brake petal. A Proportioning valve in the brake line of the MH will energize the air line proportionately to the applied braking the the MH. this is one of the best towed vehicle systems out there.
rini2 is offline   Reply With Quote