RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:43 PM   #1

Wiring

We can we get wiring schematic on a 1987 monico diplomat executive with a gillig chassis thanks scott
Papatrucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 05:37 AM   #2

Ok it should say where can we get a wiring schematic on a 1987 monico thanks scott
Old 10-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #3

Best of Luck.
I've been looking for the same for the past 5 months
no luck from Monaco
If you succeed please let us know, It's hunt and peck without a schematic
Howard
1990 Monaco Diplomat 40 ft Diesel Pusher
howardlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Wiring

If yours is like mine it's not a Monaco. Monaco bought Executive in the early 90's.
They are a wiring nightmare.
My dash light works intermittetly, towing lights don't work consistintly.
I also have 6 batteries that work as house and starting batteries. Not sure that is the right.
I have been searching out all the grounds. Lots and lots of them and cleaning them.
RickGil808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #5

Yes it is the executive mine not got but 2 8d battery it is crazy thanks Scott
Old 11-11-2018, 12:19 AM   #6

Scott, you should be able to, at a minimum, get the chassis wiring diagram from Gillig. They have pretty good product support. Monaco, on the other hand, licks the sweat off a dead man's nuts, and I say that as kindly as I can. I called them once and asked them if they still had bathtub/shower molds for the Winchester and the person on the other end said, "We've never made a Winchester model". When I explained to him that it was a 1976, his response was, "Oh, we don't recognize those as Monaco coaches, because they were made by a different company, and we don't support anything older than Model Year 2000 anyway."

Okay, you buy out the Monaco name from the previous company and then cease all customer support, to include archive manuals.....got it. For those of you who are going to say that no RV company does that, I've got one word for you: AIRSTREAM. I was able to get absolutely everything I needed from Airstream, when we owned our restored 1971 31' Sovereign International, to include manuals and quite a few parts. There were a few items that were NLA, but thankfully there were alternatives. Heck, even S&S still had manuals and brochures for my camper, as well as original aluminum siding for it.

For that matter, I was able to get manuals and brochures from GM for my 1972 Suburban and 1979 L-82 Corvette. What really rubbed me the wrong way was how that snothead answered me. It's kind of like when you get to an RV park and they deny you access because of the age of the rig.
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:55 AM   #7

Add Country coach to the list of companies that do not support older rigs.

To top things off, half the wires are red, yellow, or green. Along with no fuses marked, and half of them are in line, and double and triple tapped off the chassis fuse block.

CC ignored my e-mail attempts, and when I called them, they said they do not have any wiring diagrams back that far, but I could make an appointment, and they would be happy to take a look at my rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1132.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	225586   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0981.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	225587  

Old 11-11-2018, 03:58 AM   #8

Yea kinda like they got a motorhome they got plenty of money well I do not thanks guys Scott
Old 11-11-2018, 06:55 AM   #9

I dont want to sound like an a$$ here but will risk it. We too are like you, not a lot of $$ and still love our older motorhome. Not the first older unit. You need a high quality multimeter. Not sure what kind of electrical problems your having but I have a philosophy towards those issues as Ive had so many. At some point, I will just start over. By that I mean Ill either tear out and run new wires or run new alongside the old. You will have to do a lot of trial and error but if you have desire and a fair electrical sense you will get it to work. Our last unit was a 92 Georgie Boy. Oh man what an electrical abortion! I ended up installing a completely new 12V fuse box and ran a LOT of new wires pertaining to the chassis. Made me half nuts and was done over a long period of time, but I got everything to function properly. Best luck to you!
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:16 AM   #10

Thanks rcnuts I'm determined will figure it out scott
Old 11-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning, I Googled " wiring schematic on a 1987 monico" just as you typed
and I think what your looking for comes up on the first page. Maybe?
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:22 PM   #12

Papa, I had a little thrill of excitement when I was your first post. Then a sinking disappointment when I saw your correction.
I have solved most of my problems with point to point trouble-shooting, Mostly they were things like bulb replacement, bad connections and circuit beaker replacement.

Let me know if you find one. I've tried most everywhere.
Good luck, Howard1989/90 Executive-Diplomat
howardlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #13

Scott, I might just become your best friend, if any these schematics actually match your rig:

Click For Full-Size Image.

FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:31 PM   #14

Don't know about anyone else but you are my best friend. Thanks for sharing