Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
MO-Jack Jack Strohl

It is with great sadness that I must let you know that MO-Jack, Jack Strohl, lost his battle with cancer on Monday, March 1, 2010. Jack was a Vietnam veteran and his cancer was caused by exposure to Agent Orange. Jack fought his illness valiantly for several years. I was blessed to be able to visit him last summer and was planning another visit this coming May.

Please keep his wife, Karen, in your prayers.

Jack was a member of iRV2 for many years and attended several National Rallies.

He was a great friend. I will miss him, but he lives on in fond memories.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #2

When I read Rick’s post my heart sank. I first me Jack at the 2002 Branson Rally. I got to see him several times over the years at other rallies and once when he spent a few days here with us when he was “Passin thru”. Something you almost always saw with Jack was his smile. Even at the Nashville National rally when the sewer connection at his site turned out to be plugged up, Jack just said with a smile on his face that was just his type of luck…… Then worried more about the impact/bother to others.

Like Rick I have fond memories to remember Jack by.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Mo-Jack will live on in my memories as well. I had the privilege of meeting him at the 03 National in Nashville and he stood tall in my books as a man of good humor, sincerity and just an all-around neat guy. We met again in Branson and he drove me around the park on the golf cart...delighting that he could make my scream and hold on for dear life!!

I will never forget and always loved to hear his story of the "Giant Chicken" (a huge ostrich) and laughed hard every time I heard as if it was the first time. He was a story teller to be sure!

God rest his soul - he has blessed our lives. He will be missed...

Sandy and Rusty Creekmore
and the many Texas Boomers who knew him
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #4

I never met Jack in person. I only knew him through the Wed nite chat, but I could tell that he would be a person worth knowing. I will say a prayer for his wife Karen as I know that she is in for some tough times ahead.
raygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I was vey sorry to hear about the passing of MoJack. I met him at the National in Nashville and thoroughly enjoyed his storytelling. He was a nice man and the world will miss him. I enjoyed his banter on the webchat as well. Good bye MoJack...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Name:Jack Strohl

Date:April 29th, 1948 - March 2nd, 2010

Obituary:Jack Strohl, 61 of Waynesville, a U.S. Air Force veteran, passed away at 12:28 p.m., Tuesday, March 2, 2010, at Phelps County Regional Hospital, Rolla.

Services will be held at 2:00 p.m., Monday, March 8th at the Waynesville Church of Christ. Visitation is from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m., Monday at Memorial Chapels and Crematory of Waynesville/St. Robert.

A graveside service with military honors will be held at 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, March 10th in the Gracelawn Cemetery, Edmond, Oklahoma, under direction of Memorial Chapels and Crematory of Waynesville/St. Robert.

Mr. Strohl is survived by his wife: Karen; two sons: Jared Keith Strohl (Erin) of Edmond, Oklahoma and Jamie Ryan Strohl of Chicago, Illinois; his mother: Joyce Strohl of Palm Bay, Florida; four siblings: Mary Ellis (Bill) of Rockledge, Florida; Carolyn George (Doug) of Apopka, Florida and Debra Rickard and Robert Strohl both of Palm Bay, Florida; three grandchildren: Hunter, Logan and McKenzie; several nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, other relatives and friends.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Waynesville Church of Christ.

Memorials:Waynesville Church of Christ

Visitations:10:00AM to 11:30AM on Monday, March 8th, 2010
Services:2:00PM at Church of Christ - Waynesville on Monday, March 8th, 2010 (map/driving directions)
10:00AM at Graveside on Wednesday, March 10th, 2010
Cemetery:Gracelawn Cemetery
1407 N. Broadway
Edmond, OK
Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I like raygreg became acquainted with Jack on the Wed night chat. I had the opportunity to meet him in person at the iRV2 national at Branson in 07. I found him to be a person I wanted to call a friend. I also will miss Jack and will hold the memory of him in my heart.

Rick, thanks for calling me with the sad news and the Strohl's address. It enabled Bev and I to send a Sympathy Card & memorial to Karen.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
It is with deepest regrets that I have just now read about the passing of MO-Jack. Jack and I had several personal talks at the National Rally in Branson and he was indeed a friend. He will be missed and remembered.

I would ask that if anyone has a picture of jack that it would be nice is someone put that up for us.

God bless Jack and his family.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Photo of Jack

My good friend, Jack - always remember...