Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
My deepest condolences to the Moore family.

I met Roger & Claire at the 2009 iRV2 Rally my regional group hosted in Ohio. I remember him pulling into our 4-corner weigh station with a small pop-up in tow. That pop-up was the "apartment" for their twin girls so they'd have their own private space. Later in the week, he had to cut his attendance short because Claire fell while at out on a tour & severely broke her wrist. When preparing to leave, it was discovered the windshield in his KS had come loose. Attendees rallied with Eternabond tape & assistance to keep it in place for their return trip home.

My impression was Roger was a quiet man, yet learning from him & Claire about the many, many children they fostered revealed to me a wonderfully giving man. That was apparent in his dedication to iRV2. He was giving of his time, expertise, advice & knowledge to all our members. Even with his eyesight & finger dexterity failing in recent months, he continued to make posts here with the help of his family.

Roger was a leader amongst our staff. I respected & admired him.

He will be greatly missed by me all of the iRV2 family. Thank you, Roger, for all you did for iRV2. "Go rest high on that mountain."
AMEN!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2022, 08:02 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bev and I met Roger & Clair, for the first time, at the Sevierville Rally in 2006. He was parked behind us After we got set up I told Bev I am going back and introduce my self to 007. I had been reading lots of his helpful posts and I wanted to meet the man. We had a great visit and I had the privilege of meeting his wife Claire and if I remember correctly he was traveling with his twin daughters.

Bev and I had the opportunity to visit with him and Claire again at the Irv2 Rally in 2009 in Ohio. When we attended the Irv2 Rally at Sevierville in 2012. I believe Roger and Claire sat in front of us when we attended Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. Bev and I purchased a couple of souvenir boots and when the show was over Bev and I left our boots behind. Roger was very alert and noticed our boots sitting there by them selves and he grabbed them and saw to it we got them back later. Bev and I have always remembered his thoughtfulness to this day because we have them sitting on a shelf over our wood stove and we see them every day.

Rest in Peace Roger as I believe where you are now you have 20/20 vision and your fingers are working like you want them to.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:00 PM   #17

RIP Roger. Prayers for all of the family. Thanks for all your help, Roger, you MADE a difference.
Old 09-10-2022, 05:12 PM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
I never met or exchanged notes with Roger, but he sure sounds like he had many admirers and friends. My sincere condolences to his family!
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 10:16 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I never meet the gentlemen ,but he has answered many of my questions ....RIP my friend .... Sad day in the RV community .
Fattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 03:43 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our condolences. He will certainly be missed.
Wil_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:20 PM   #21
Administrator Emeritus

Rest In Peace Roger..... As others have said, he is now with his Claire.

Many good memories from my time spent both in person and around the forums with Roger.

Not as active here as I once was, so I am just seeing this....

In the last year of his life, my Father told me that we are here for a short time and gone for a long time. May we all take these words to heart....

Bob
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:23 PM   #22

Sorry to see this, he was a good guy
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:49 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So saddened by my friendís passing. Roger could easily have been considered the most valuable asset on this forum, (although he would never agree).
When we first started fulltiming we spent a lot of time in Massachusetts, hailing from there and with lots of family remaining. Roger had helped me a lot, so when I learned where he lived I called him and we had lunch. A grand visit with him and Claire. We repeated this some over the next few years, but in more recent years it was just emails, much to my regret.
Roger was very excited about the startup of the Hoots, but was disappointed to be unable to travel with Claire to the first Roost in Sevierville. I told him I would make sure he was there in spirit, and on the record. I made a pair of life size head puppets and ensured they were held present at the first Hoots Roost photo in Sevierville in 2012.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3482.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	377963Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3478.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	377964Roger was pleased with that. With his own health and Claireís passing, I donít think Roger ever made it to a Hoots Rally, so Iím proud that I was able to help him and Claire at least ďappearĒ at the first one.
He was a good friend. Iíll miss him.
RIP, Roger.

Typo correction to above: first Hoots Roost held in 2013 vice 2012.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 02:04 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
So sorry to hear of Rogerís passing, he was an amazing help to so many and I always looked forward to his advise
He is truly missed

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan! Sold
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Activity looking for a new Newmar, most likely a DS
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote