Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Luckily I have a great family which is very close and tight knit, so I am not going through this alone.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2017, 05:39 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
God bless you and your late wife. I'm glad you got to spend time traveling together.
spinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You have my sincere condolences. Your iRV2 family is here when you need us. There have been many here who've walked in your shoes to help you through this difficult time.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry for your loss!
Old 08-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #19

So sorry for your loss .
Old 08-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #20
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Randy, I too am very sorry for your loss. I lost my wife of 33 years on Thanksgiving morning 5 years ago so I can certainly relate. I've been traveling alone ever since except for my Beagle Charlie, that has filled an enormous void. I'm told time heals all wounds but no one has ever told me what that amounts to. Keep your rig, take all the material and mental things that remind you of your bride, it helps believe me. I even take a small portion of my wife's ashes when I go south. One thing to keep in mind Randy, positive thoughts go a long ways in easing the grieving process.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #21

Randy, I have no magic words except to say your Darling Sharon will always be with you! Bless you and your family.

Debbie and Steve
Old 08-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #22

So sorry. I can relate also. My wife passed away February 2015. She was 43. We had dated since the 5th grade and married 24 years. It's been rough for sure in adjusting. We have a daughter 13 now and a son 26. Also a grandson she didn't get to meet. We bought our Rv and 6months later found she had stage 4 lung cancer. 8 months later she passed away. You never know what's around the corner. Hang in there you will work though it. Keep living life and doing what you enjoy. Take care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1502771634260.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	173010  
DGEndeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:17 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
Randy, I too am very sorry for your loss. I lost my wife of 33 years on Thanksgiving morning 5 years ago so I can certainly relate. I've been traveling alone ever since except for my Beagle Charlie, that has filled an enormous void. I'm told time heals all wounds but no one has ever told me what that amounts to. Keep your rig, take all the material and mental things that remind you of your bride, it helps believe me. I even take a small portion of my wife's ashes when I go south. One thing to keep in mind Randy, positive thoughts go a long ways in easing the grieving process.

Thank you
Old 08-15-2017, 05:18 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGEndeaver View Post
So sorry. I can relate also. My wife passed away February 2015. She was 43. We had dated since the 5th grade and married 24 years. It's been rough for sure in adjusting. We have a daughter 13 now and a son 26. Also a grandson she didn't get to meet. We bought our Rv and 6months later found she had stage 4 lung cancer. 8 months later she passed away. You never know what's around the corner. Hang in there you will work though it. Keep living life and doing what you enjoy. Take care.

Thank you.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
With deepest regrets and condolences at the loss of your precious Sharon.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Randy
I know the felling you are going through. Theresa my wife of 47 years was taken from me by doctors doing the wrong surgery on her. But to answer your question on solo driving that's a hard question. We can do it but it's that empty seat next to us. I tried and couldn't do it. But you may have better luck. I almost sold my RV but with the help of my kids and grandkids I have meet a new partner but she is not like my wife and her and I talk about this. My wife's name comes out once and awhile but she understands because she has been a widower for 7 years. Right now we are in the Everglades and will be heading to Key West the same trips I took Theresa so I am putting me to the test and so far it has been good. But our pain will always be with us. Like one person said I married an Angel [emoji56] and now she has her wings
Old 08-23-2017, 05:52 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
Randy
I know the felling you are going through. Theresa my wife of 47 years was taken from me by doctors doing the wrong surgery on her. But to answer your question on solo driving that's a hard question. We can do it but it's that empty seat next to us. I tried and couldn't do it. But you may have better luck. I almost sold my RV but with the help of my kids and grandkids I have meet a new partner but she is not like my wife and her and I talk about this. My wife's name comes out once and awhile but she understands because she has been a widower for 7 years. Right now we are in the Everglades and will be heading to Key West the same trips I took Theresa so I am putting me to the test and so far it has been good. But our pain will always be with us. Like one person said I married an Angel [emoji56] and now she has her wings

I'm trying my first trip next month. Will spend 3 weeks in KY mostly visiting family then will head to the Smoky Mountains in October for fall colors. If that goes well I will try a late winter/early spring trip and head to warmer weather.

I have no issues going solo from the technical point of view since I have done several solo trips while Sharon was still healthy (I was retired and she was still working). The real issue will be loneliness and not having her to share experiences with.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #28

American Coach Owners Club
Oh Randy... I'm so very, very sorry! Sharon was a beautiful woman with a beautiful soul. God bless you & may her memory be a blessing.
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote