RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:35 PM   #1

Any Firan motorhome owners??

I have never owned an RV before and bought my first one recently. It's a 97 Firan Covington LX, Which I bought knowing it needed some work after sitting for several years. 51K original miles, 2 slides with tag axle. Paid $$2300 for it, and it runs and drives great. My problem is the owners manual(s), one from Firan and one from Forest River, are pretty much generic for any motorhome it seems to me. Firan( a canadian company) is apparently no longer in business, so how do I get detailed info on plumbing,electrical,etc. Manuals say there are low point drain valves, but no location,no operating procedures for filling/draining tanks. When I connected a hose to freshwater fill inlet,water came out under motorhome,i'm assuming through the drain hose? No water in tanks at all when I looked,only one valve near tank and pump. Looking for help as to whether I'm doing something wrong or do I have plumbing to repair. Thanks, Roger

Rmelectrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2020, 02:05 AM   #2

I have a 96 35ft Covington xl with a tag. In same position as you. Mine sat 4 years. I'm updating and cleaning everything. I have tried to find manuals better than the owners manual. no luck. I just tried to fill my water tank and got exactly the same result. below the last luggage compartment on driver side there is a drain that's probably open. Also from sitting, the filler hose had rotted. The top of it is under the bed by the tank. Check that. On mine the batterys froze and broke. Someone switched all the cables and put in wrong batteries. Would it be possible for you to send some photos of under your hood to show the batterys and all the cables? I'll put my email in here. It would be so helpful. I've gone through my entire coach so if you need help or photos just let me know. Jerryhagle@gmail.com

Jerry Hagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a Champion by Firan. Good motorhome while we had it.

Ken
Old 03-19-2020, 02:38 AM   #4

I will try and get some photos to you in the next day or so. Water problem was a broke line under bathroom sink, under carpeted access almost where it goes under the floor. Repaired it and tank filled no problem. Fixed some wiring that rodents chewed through and pulled new wires to circuits that I couldnt find broke wires. Got everything working now and fighting my last problem with a roof leak. Going to be changing gaskets for the AC units in the next few days and I think that will solve that problem. I have learned a lot about this thing just trying to fix everything, but I think it will still turn out to be a fairly good deal when Im done. Roger
Rmelectrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #5

96 Firan Raven XL

my first attempt at an RV revival, lol. I inherited an older unit that had a pretty serious roof leak by the looks of it, but the only internal damage seems to be the ceiling liner separating down the center. I would love find even an owners manual to help figure out even the basics, lol. I have batteries installed and have power to the ignition but nothing to the coach, I have tried the battery disconnect by the door in both on and off positions and can't seem to find a fuse box or panel on the interior. I still have yet to get access to a few of the lower storage bins below.
Thank you for any input or suggestions and I am hoping to be very pleased with this project "guest house". lol.
Cheers,
Kate
cycle1kate1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome