Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 AM   #1

Hi Canada Glad to be back BUT it is COOOOOLD.Had a great time just one problem lost a tire it went out with a bang and Good Sam saved the day just 2-1/2 hours and a new tire and We were on the road again -$470.00 US That I think was a fair price after all they are bus tires...Seen a lot of great places and found a lot of great Friends glad to get home missed the grand kids but not the cold and snow. Oh the laptop locked up that's why We never used it had over 6000 E-mails on this when We got home...deleted all of them!!! Bushman
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 AM   #2

Hi Canada Glad to be back BUT it is COOOOOLD.Had a great time just one problem lost a tire it went out with a bang and Good Sam saved the day just 2-1/2 hours and a new tire and We were on the road again -$470.00 US That I think was a fair price after all they are bus tires...Seen a lot of great places and found a lot of great Friends glad to get home missed the grand kids but not the cold and snow. Oh the laptop locked up that's why We never used it had over 6000 E-mails on this when We got home...deleted all of them!!! Bushman
Old 04-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #3

Welcome home! Sounds like a great trip....but did you bring back some warm weather???? I'm starting to think that they may have to expand WAMBO to include ice boats...!!
Ian
Old 04-18-2007, 08:29 AM   #4

Now, John, you just know I want to know about Molly. Have you any more pictures of Molly?

I should hope you will be able to appreciate summer now. After all, you didn't have winter, wouldn't have had winter if you stayed home. The best I can determine the part of Ontario where you are had very little snow.

Of course, that means the streams will be low and the fishing won't be good.

Now, we had snow here. & it was ok. Not very deep, but it stayed. In fact it's still here. But it's going and now is the time of the year for playing with snow and seeing new discoveries each day.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #5

Hi Groveite;Yes it was a great trip after leaving Yuma We went south into N.Mexico,Texas and into Mississippi via Louisanna then We went on the Natchez Trace a 444 mile road ending in Nashvill no Trucks or stop signs or bill boards 50 miles per hour just a great drive..That's where the tire blew emergency Trucks are permitted I was glad of that.If You ever want a nice trip that's one to book mark..Bushman
Old 04-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #6

Top of the Day L.Kipot..How are the puppys?Our little Miss Molly has Jet lag to-day..I had My shower at home and as always Molly had to have one also We had hard water in Yuma so cut Molly back on Her showers to once a week and We bought bottled water for that {softer}also for all our drinking water as well..Funny how the little Mut never forgot the shower thing I was just running the water to adjust the temp and She was waiting for the lift in as I always have in the past.She did ride better this year and enjoyed the trip I think..Now home sweet home..We had a wild Coyote come in to our camp site in Texas also a Road Runner the Wife got some real nice photos..I will send them on to You if You like and help Me do it as I have not got a grip on that yet I have to get to the Book Keeper to night got to see if I can buy a bigger Motor Home ..Bushman
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #7

Sure send away. I have some work work to do tonight, but pics will make a break.

& I have a coyote/fox tale to tell, which I have not told here yet, seeing as how the section is on pets, not pet challenges and I was running that theme on two other places. We shall just say, that the babes are not allowed to enjoy the sun unless Mom is home.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #8

L.K.Can't to night have to see My book keeper after all been gone all winter I'll try tomorro O.K.?John
Old 04-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #9

Hello and Welcome home Bushman. Glad your trip went well. We came home from Texas via La., Miss as well at the end of March.
Did you happen to take the Natchez city tour? We stayed there two days on the way home. We were told about the Natchez Trace but had to make a side trip to Memphis (GraceLand)

We saw a lot of things you only read about, but to actually be there was great. I never would have imagined Texas being like it is.
Seeing tugs pushing long rows of barges up the Mississippi was something I've read about but not seen. All in all, I can only hope your trip was as good as ours.

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #10

Hi Brad;We drove the Trace all the way.444 miles that's a great drive.Seen many people from Canada going home most french.I have had trouble with this thing also the lap top is sick have to take them to the doctors Monday after that i will have some pictures to send out take care John
Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #11

Hey folks, hope all are well and staying healthy...we are back in town also...put 13,300 km on the old F350...Bushman...we probably passed each other on the trace(we had a bolo golf game strapped to a bike carrier on the back of the trailer)..We came across US 12/190 and turned north on 165 to Alexandria MS then across 28/84 to vidalia MS ..we arrived on the 4th and stayed in Natchez(plantation rv) for one week, then on to clinton for 2 days then to Tupelo(barnes crossing) for 4 days and two days at David Crockett state Park for a couple more..I might stay at the Merriweather lewis park on the way back down.. it seemed really nice ...cant say enough about that drive...very nice and very relaxing..

2004 Keystone Sprinter LA 292FWRLS
Skip298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #12

Hi Skip and Bushman, glad to see you are back and had a good winter. When we got back on April 4, we beat a snow storm by just 2 hours. I would like to have stayed south about another week to 10 days. Anyway glad to see ya'll back.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:06 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
We usually take I-55 north, but are taking 165 to 28 to connect to the Trace. How was the road conditions on 165 & 28? I-10 has been a rough road for a while, so trying to avoid it through Louisiana.
Cookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:47 AM   #14

Hi Cookieman We used I-10 threw Az N.M then took I-2o to louisana then I-15 I think it was I 15 to Ferriday La. then across to Natchez Miss. I-10 is bad in some parts , rest of roads not bad.safe trip enjoy the trace