Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Has anyone figured out how to enter our postal code into the pay-at-the-pump fuel stations where it ask's for the zip code??? So far, each time we have had to go to the cashier and set it up that way to get fuel. A real pain in the beep beep.
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Cdn credit card to get USA fuel using postal code

Has anyone figured out how to enter our postal code into the pay-at-the-pump fuel stations where it ask's for the zip code??? So far, each time we have had to go to the cashier and set it up that way to get fuel. A real pain in the beep beep.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #3

Not sure what you mean Dave. I use my Canadian credit card frequently when fueling up in the US. I just slide it in the slot and it authorizes it and the fuel flows.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #4

I usually have no problem with the visa card but if asked for a zip anytime I use 48060 which is as close to my place a s Can be found...postal codes will not work.
Ian
Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #5

Most times mine works as the others said. On a few occasions it did work the way Dave mentioned, and Yes it does fry my potatoes when I have to go into the store. Ians way sounds good though. I think 14202 is a Buffalo zip code

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #6

Now, I don't have any correspondents who live close to the border, so I hunted it up.

A zip code finder

Houlton, ME 04761
Calais, ME 04619

I would think those two would be very popular with those of us from Atlantic Canada.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #7

I used my zip where I live and it would not work, called CC Company and found that you need the zip where the statement is mailed, mine goes to a P.O. Box which is different than myn home.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #8

so in theory..........

when one calls the CC company to remind them about your upcoming changes in spending habits(sometimes they notice, sometimes they don't- long story there), you should be able to have a zip code associated with your card so that it works.

I can't see why they can't put a fix like that into the computer, even if you just agree on a fictional one - I always input 90210 when the prompt comes up, never works, but I will laugh if it ever does.

I am going to try that for my next southern vacation.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
rca

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Since this very problem ticked me off on the way home from Florida in Nov., I'm updating this thread with info I read in CSA News (Canadian Snowbird Association magazine)
According to a 'Bird Talk' contributor, you enter the three numbers in your postal code followed by 00 and this works as our (Canadian) equivalent of the zip code.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
There seems to be less gas stations in the US asking for the zip code. But in saying that I had phoned the credit card company and gave them an alternate US address c/w zip code. Pick any address just remember the zip code if you need to use it. I haven't had to give them my credit card for the last two years.
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rca View Post
Since this very problem ticked me off on the way home from Florida in Nov., I'm updating this thread with info I read in CSA News (Canadian Snowbird Association magazine)
According to a 'Bird Talk' contributor, you enter the three numbers in your postal code followed by 00 and this works as our (Canadian) equivalent of the zip code.
Doesn't work when your postal code is R0E 0V0
icechip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up Can Credit Card

Greetings, just leave from your canadian postal code the letters away and punch the ONLY the NUMBERS in, if you have to enter one.
Or you phone your Credit Card company and they tell you what to put in.
Have a great and safe trip.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Seems like we have a few solutions here. It might be good to know which credit card you use when putting in these postal code numbers. I called Mastercard on this in 2007 and they told me there is nothing that could be done.
Hopefully some of you traveling in the USA might give these things a try and let the rest of us know. I would appreciate it and it looks like a lot of others would like to know as well.

All the best to everyone for the Christmas holidays and a Happy New Year from the Killey's in Rincon De Guayabitos, Mexico and lovin it.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #14
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up Forgot to tell you the rest

after the NUMBERS from the POSTAL CODE you have to add 00
so - you get it to an american ZIP CODE #. Works fine with us....
It's about time that we get going here and the DW retires end of March.
We'll get miles on the Newmar MH.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and don't forget to come back in time for the spring rally.

TW is offline   Reply With Quote