Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:42 AM   #1

Its So cold here..I saw a rabbit trying to jump start a carrot this morning...

How's the weather where you are?

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:42 AM   #2

Its So cold here..I saw a rabbit trying to jump start a carrot this morning...

How's the weather where you are?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:08 AM   #3

-33C is cold enough for me.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #4

Well, ya all know, there was a time in this fair land when L.K. worked out of Sudbury.

& up there L.K. learned about block heaters. I think I would plug in when it went to about 0'F or -14'C.

In winter of 77 the temperature only rose to -5'C about 5 times between Guy Fawkes Day and Feb. 28, 78. Now that winter, most nights, out where L.K. lived (30 mi. out of town) the lows were below -40 in real degrees, not wind chills.

But up there it was a dry cold, but given that L.K. had come there from a long sojurn in places humid, L.K. didn't mind humid days the way 'locals'did.

Iffen you want cold and damp, try Montreal or Ottawa.

Now, over here in Newfoundland, where L.K. is now, temps have been double digit '-'& wind chills around the -20'C mark. But I just know you all will think it poetic justice that L.K. caught a cold from being overdressed in the +1'C last Saturday.
Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #5

Well L.K. I can't argue with you there. Seeing as I make the daily hike into Ottawa I can tell you that today was another in a long line of mornings where the thermometer in my Explorer read -16 to -22ÂșC on the way into work and the radio says the windchill is - 30 + (or would that be -?)
Still I'll take that easily rather than weather like we had last weekend! Nearly logged onto the Forum in order to book in at Brad's for the night! Returning home from 'The Big Smoke' (Toronto), we hit what they would call 'lake effect snow' round about Port Hope and for a while there thought I might be spending the night on the 401! Similar I suppose to those poor folks who got caught up in that mess with the fuel tanker!
Think I'll just count my blessings!

Have a great, cold Canadian winter day!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Returning home from 'The Big Smoke' (Toronto), we hit what they would call 'lake effect snow' round about Port Hope and for a while there thought I might be spending the night on the 401! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Rich...I'm six miles north of 401 @Port Hope.It was sunny at my house all last weekend and didn't even realize it was Snowing there 'till I phoned my Mother who lives in town. Go figure..Eh!

The mess they had @ Cobourg was truly tragic, but ya know, EVERY year some one dies on that stretch of highway. I heard during a recent news cast.. the 401 is the busiest HY for truck traffic..IN THE WORLD!! Its understandable why so many accidents take place on this HY.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #7

Well, its still very cool, downright COLD I mean. Winter took its time getting here, but when it did.....

US cities to the lea of the lakes Ontario and Erie are still getting pounded with snow. Oswego NY..."six feet" Buffalo.??...still snowing there.
Even Barrie and towns around the Lake Huron area getting dumped on.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:41 AM   #8

Morning Brad, I'm just south of the "snow belt" of southern ontario. We frequenty miss the lake effect streamers that come across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. Across the lake in Ohio and Penn. and NY they often get more snow than we do here. And many storms that come in from the US mid west go south of us. We will be having a bright sunny, perhaps cold day, but they will be in a blizzard. Today it is north of us that is in a blizzard, with whiteouts, roads closed, school buses cancelled, again but here it is bright, sunny and clear blue sky.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 AM   #9

Morning Novi....We too are in a good zone. Although we live in the Ganaraska Forest which is part of the Oak Ridges Moraine we don't get all that much snow, compared to say..
Barrie. Guess there getting it last night and today. Have to call my son tonight see how he made out in all the snow. He works for Hydro One out of Orillia, right in the thick of it...

Old 02-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #10

cold enough to freeze the pocket book.

Oil tank refilled again. 514 litres in about 4 weeks. 71.9 cents a litre. A good time to be an oil company.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">cold enough to freeze the pocket book. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wife carries a pocket hand warmer to insure her's never freezes up.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:41 AM   #12

Your right, nothin worse than a frizzed up debit or credit card.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #13

the wife keeps the cards toasty warm by zipping them through the machines in stores.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:03 AM   #14

Have you seen the pictures of the snow fall amounts that they are getting in up state New York? Go to CNN, they expect to have over 100 inches of snow.