Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #1

Cool Corsair by General Coach

Anyone familiar with the Corsair Excella line of 5th wheels made in Canada at the now closed Oliver plant in BC?

We're looking at models from 1998 to 2006.

Looking forward to your input.
wingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #2

Hi There, I'll take a stab at this one.
Yes, General Coach, who built Corsair Excella and Citation Supreme, were sought after 5th wheels for Full Time Living. We ourselves looked high and low for one, as they are guaranteed for 30 below zero. We were just unable to find one in the location we were in at the time, in our price range. We ended up buying a Carriage Compass. Also guaranteed for full time living.
We did have another RV built in Oliver BC, actually we had 2 different Okanagan 5th Wheels, both known for being a good quality RV.
What we've seen and heard from folks who live all winter in the north of Alberta, they are a pretty excellent unit.
hinterland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #3

I would have loved to have had one , when I was RVing in 5ers.
But , because they were BUILT solid ; read that as HEAVY ; and very high end unit, my truck wouldn't handle the length of unit I wanted and I couldn't afford both a bigger truck and a new 5er.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:02 AM   #4

We had 2,a Corsair and a Citation and they were both high end best in class units.Look hard,the only thing in my mind that maybe close is Artic Fox.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #5

Sunflower,
Did you use them in Canada? In the winter? If you did, how cold were the temperatures?
Thanks
hinterland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #6

We spent one winter On Vancouver Island and had 2 massive snow falls.The Citation was fine at a little below freezing but we did not and do not like camping in the cold and wet so never did it again.One thing I really liked was the attic design that was vented by a fan controlled by a humidity
stat and thermostat.I bought the 26' unit second hand and don't know the history of it.I believe it was an option.We bought it because of the Corsair we had owned previously and did the Alaska trip with it.I would never do -30 in an rv and don't believe any unit is capable of that.You maybe able to survive somehow but not my cup of tea.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote