Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #29

Ask Your Self why have a problem buy the food in the USA end of problems You can have ...Safe trip...Bushman
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2007, 05:08 AM   #30

There is a web site with all the information on crossing the border. I used it twice, but forgot the adress. I crossed the border a few times with meat and never had a problem. Going into New brunswick they went through my MH and let us cross with dog food and meat.
misty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:28 AM   #31

The major problem on food etc, is not from the US into Canada but from Canada into the USA.

Just an FYI.... NO Canadian made pet food can be taken into the USA. Hills is another example of a US made pet food that is available in Canada through a vet. Most are made here in Canada and will not be permitted across the border.
Alfa38User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #32

Instead of worrying about Canadian food products they should look more closely at the crap from China that enters the US...

Joe
jerzeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sounds like the US border patrol want some Canadian Prime Rib for dinner. LOL

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeyjoe View Post
Instead of worrying about Canadian food products they should look more closely at the crap from China that enters the US...

Joe

Yea, we get enough from WalMart already.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #35

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
We have been taking summer sausage (made out of beef) across for the last two years. It is a product that is made in our area and sold at the farmers market. We have friends in the USA that ask us to bring it for them. Call US customs at the border crossing where you will be crossing and they can tell you what you can not bring at this time. We find it works very well to make a list of any food we have in the RV and when they ask about food we pass them the list. So far we have not had them take anything from us.
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #36

made with beef??

You will have it taken away by most US Border People .You have just been lucky so far remember this if this happens You are in there computer and they may give You the big tare down at any given time it is sure not worth the risk but You do as You may...Me and most leave the beef at home..Bushman
Old 05-27-2009, 05:28 AM   #37

I'm a contractor at Customs and Border Protection, but just do programming work. Here's the info you need for entering the US.

http://help.cbp.gov/cgi-bin/customs....i=&p_topview=1

Quote:
The Department of Agriculture has recently relaxed rules for travelers arriving from Canada with food products involving some meat products. Beef and game products are now allowed entry. This includes frozen, cooked, canned or otherwise processed beef, veal, venison, elk, bison, etc. Hunter harvested game, including deer, moose, wild sheep, goats and bison is admissible from Canada for the traveler's personal use if accompanied with a hunting license, tag or equivalent. permit. Meat products from domestic lamb, sheep and goats is still prohibited entry from Canada.
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...restricted.xml
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
I have a list from somewhere that I can e-mail you. Send me a PM with your e-mail. Beef is allowed to be taken into the USA now. We crossed into the USA this year and were told it was OK. It is also shown on the list I have as being OK. Most everything must be shown to be grown or processed in Canada or the USA.
Coming back into Canada is a different story. I do not have a current list for this, but as a general rule, I always assume its OK if its in its original package and shown to be processed in Canada or the USA. Fruit if its shown to be grown in the USA or Canada as well.
Have a great trip....
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #39

Well I have been told the beef is OK again the madd cow DIED LOL I still think I save a hard time by getting the chow in th USA save money to and from the cart to the fridge once not 2 or 3 times...Bushman
Old 05-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa38User View Post
The major problem on food etc, is not from the US into Canada but from Canada into the USA.

Just an FYI.... NO Canadian made pet food can be taken into the USA. Hills is another example of a US made pet food that is available in Canada through a vet. Most are made here in Canada and will not be permitted across the border.
Canadian made dog food is acceptable to cross provided it does not contain Lamb or Goat meat.
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #41

The links I gave above are from Customs and Border Protection. They tell you exactly what you can and can't bring.
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #42

We are crossing over tomorrow at Sarnia to Port Huron, MI on our way to the NASCAR race in Michigan this weekend. I called the Agri. Inspection department at Port Huron and she assured me that the only restriction at this time is Lamb and Goat and Citrus fruit. The number at Port Huron is 810-985-8513 x281 if you have any questions.