Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #1

Last winter I received a request to write something on RVing in Canada for RVing Outpost.

There are 3 articles: Getting Around Canada, which is all about border crossings, boating permits, media, metric, and time zones.

Then there is : Travel Tips Ontario to Newfoundland and Labrador which does provincial tourism pages, campground links, ferry links, my take on what's most popular and 3 specific site links per province.

Then there is Travel Tips Manitoba to British Columbia and up to Yukon and Northwest Territories. This is yet to reach HTML. I'll add that when it's ready.

All of these are part of the RVing Outpost Reading Room, Resources.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #2

Last winter I received a request to write something on RVing in Canada for RVing Outpost.

There are 3 articles: Getting Around Canada, which is all about border crossings, boating permits, media, metric, and time zones.

Then there is : Travel Tips Ontario to Newfoundland and Labrador which does provincial tourism pages, campground links, ferry links, my take on what's most popular and 3 specific site links per province.

Then there is Travel Tips Manitoba to British Columbia and up to Yukon and Northwest Territories. This is yet to reach HTML. I'll add that when it's ready.

All of these are part of the RVing Outpost Reading Room, Resources.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:19 AM   #3

Sorry Little Kopit...this is off topic but how do you get those little pictures of the coloured in provinces and states? I'd like to add something like that to my blog. Can you help?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:41 AM   #4

Island Nomads, it's been a long time, but I think I know the principles.

Egrove created the maps. http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStates...Provinces.html
You have to go to each one - provinces or states - and click on the name of the unit you've been in.

Select small
Select jpeg
click on create map.

Save to your hard drive.

Go create next map, again small. Again save to your hard drive.

Now open your photo edit software.

Open each of the map files you've created. Click on Image, size, and check how may pixels wide and how many pixels tall each one is.

IMO, IrfanView, www.irfanview.com is very user friendly. Open that photo edit software. Click on open new blank screen.

When it asks for image size you want it as many pixels tall as your tallest map image
& you want it to equal the two widths added together.

Then you go to each map image. Use the dotted line tool to outline the edges. Click Edit, click copy, go to new image. Click edit, click paste. Save and leave open or make sure new image is open. Go to other map image. Outline with dotted line tool again, Click edit, click copy, again. Move to new image. Click edit, click paste. This time you want to save as something like 'Maps Panorama.'

You now have the two maps as one image and can attach it to your signature.

Do you need help with that?

BTW article 3 is just so close to being ready. Julie and I are tweaking them all and linking them to each other. We each have ideas.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #5

Wow! That was in depth....thank you!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:25 AM   #6

I've forgotten, you may need to upload it to the photo section.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy Canada Day
Old 07-09-2007, 12:50 AM   #8

All 3 articles are now linked online from: http://www.rvingoutpost.com/articlespecs.php?jobnum=50

Of course, there will be changes.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:08 AM   #9

A question about fuel prices made me post this information. It was prepared to be added to the articles.

Regulated Gasoline Prices occur in 5 provinces: Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador. http://www.cppi.ca/Regulated_Markets_Review.html gives a viewpoint on the the effects of regulation. Generally, residents appreciate the stability of regulated prices. Remember prices for gasoline are generally less in more heavily populated areas.

Current Quebec prices are off this page: http://www.regie-energie.qc.ca/energ...e_tarifs.html# In the left column under "Relevés", click on the link your choice of fuel: ordinaire/regular, super/premium, or diesel. Quebec is by regions. Ottawa seems to have the lowest prices.

Regulated gasoline. New Brunswick Energy and Utilites Board: http://www.pub.nb.ca/PetroleumProductsEng.htm Changes occur each two weeks apparently on a Thursday, July 5, 19, .......

Regulated gasoline . Nova Scotia petroleum pricing rationale: http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/petroleum/ There are 5 zones with prices lowest in most densely populated areas, ie. center of province. Links on left show current prices and zones. Prices can change weekly on Fridays, 24 hours after New Brunswick..

Regulated gasoline. Prince Edward Island Petroleum Pricing Notice http://www.irac.pe.ca/petrol/docs.as...rentprices.asp Very nice you can see exactly when to keep your ear to the ground, the 1st and the 15th, but the approval is given a few days before effective date and the lines ups can be something else.

Regulated gasoline. Newfoundland and Labrador Petroleum Pricing Office: http://n225h099.pub.nf.ca/ppoprices.htm
Regulated prices are released on Thursdays, at least once a month, often on a bi-weekly basis. Prices are lowest in this order: Avalon Peninsula, Corner Brook through Gros Morne, Stephenville through Port aux Basques. The Gander-Grand Falls central region is 6th highest.

All of that is on file to be added to the articles on RVing in Canada, which is both in my signature and a sticky at the top of the page.