Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #1

What are or do you have any interesting hobbies

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #2

What are or do you have any interesting hobbies

Old 04-06-2007, 08:18 AM   #3

1. At this time of the year, making paths. We can almost take the girls to the garage, where they are when I work, on either ground or cement. (that's also call throwing snow)

2. Visit the camper and think ahead.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:57 AM   #4

1. I've been making home made wine for 35 years. But by far the easiest way to do it is the kits, they are fool proof.

2. Metal detecting for at least 35 years, long before the fancy new machines that make it really easy now-a-days. My machines have been all over North America.

3. Dabbling in realestate rentals started as a small hobby but grew and became work then was not as much fun.

4. Always wanted to fly small airplanes, like a lot of people. So I did that too for a few years.

5. Gardening and landscaping, and still do it.

6. Travelling and RVing been doing it all our married lives, 38 years and still going.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #5

1. Woodworking - Repairing old furniture pieces.Turning lamps and wooden bowls etc.
2. Ham Radio
3. Rving
4. Surfing the Internet - Great for information on just about everything.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #6

Garden, Landscape, outdoor work, antique JD tractors,collecting wooden model ships/boats I find along my travels.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Gardening, tinkering in my shop, Ham radio and computer....plus meeting all of the people I can.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> plus meeting all of the people I can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>.....me too Ken. Wife says I yak too much, but I often meet people that know people or places that I know. It really is a small world....On our trip home from TX. I met a guy in Miss.that worked with my D/L's father in Barrie Ontario.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #9

I restored Cars for years oldest was 1927-1963 was the newest..made a lot of coin with that hobbie.Now the body is old so We have this thing as a hobbie the putter or computter or for better words the internet...And 5 years ago I would have said never will I own one a fool was I then.I now would never be with one..They are the greatest thing and I made some great deals on line also so they pay You to have one.My .02 Bushman
Old 05-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #10

Did ya get rid 'o your snow yet LK???
Did you get the garden worked up yet. I know its too early for the "nippers" but are the black flies out yet? Ours B/flies are out in full force,.... and I got the swollen ears to prove it

Old 05-09-2007, 11:22 PM   #11

Brad, I just put the heat on!!!! Having turned it off yesterday morning!!!! I think maybe, just maybe we are going to have spring.

We had David Phillips on CBC last week, you know, the PR meteorologist for Environment Canada. He was telling us it was arctic winds, not ice that was keeping us from warming up. But the snow was slowly disappearing. I don't have any, any more.

I will be aiming to get the garden in about June 15.

Those buggies, no not yet.

Thinking about the camper.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:30 AM   #12

Morning L.K. Brad Novi Grovite and all the outher bush wackers out there...Rain and fog this way no black flys here we are to far south...Still can not get any pictures on line ???Got to get this thing fixed up soon ...Bushman
Old 05-10-2007, 04:21 AM   #13

So whats up with your photos Bushman? Something we can help with???

So how far south do you have to live to get away from black flies?

Old 05-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #14

Brad How are things?I will not try to even sort the pic thing out to night But if You are around in the morning I will get with You Ok? I have worked all day in the heat cleaning the bus and getting ready for a trip north to Wiarton next week and am beat..Getting to old for the ladder standing all day LOL...The bus is for sale Need a biger unit LOL ..So the Mrs. said ..I just drive the road and do as told You know the rules of a marriage.. LOL...John Oh BLACK flys I can not say but I think they are north of the great lakes..