Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:42 AM   #127

Send a message via Skype™ to Esther R.
Thank you. We were getting different answers from different people and it was getting confusing. The air brake endorsement is understood. But how can you find out the manufacturer's weight of the RV? It's a 95 Monaco Dynasty, 38 footer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
Esther R: Every province in Canada requires a driver of an air brake equipped vehicle to have an air brake endorsement. I don't live in Ontario but there may be another requirement due to the weight of the vehicle. Contact the Ontario DMV for the whole picture. Most areas in Ontario have an air brake course at community colleges. You should not drive that vehicle without the endorsement. Big fines!
Esther R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2014, 04:27 AM   #128

The GVW will be on a placard on the wall. Maybe behind the driver's seat.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #129

I think the Air Brakes subject should be posted to another thread,,,,?
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #130

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther R. View Post
Thank you. We were getting different answers from different people and it was getting confusing. The air brake endorsement is understood. But how can you find out the manufacturer's weight of the RV? It's a 95 Monaco Dynasty, 38 footer.
I was kidding about Kirkland Lake BTW. Your ownership papers should have all the details required but do a search on the net for the Ontario DMV and see what they require.

I think you will find everything here
Driver Licensing
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #131

Letter to Good Sam re Free Shipping To Canada

UPS tried to deliver a $47 ladder from Camping World and try to collect $40 from me in Brokerage Fees . UPRIPOFF also tried to add GST to the Brokerage Fees.

Just Crazy. I refused delivery.

I called Camping World and asked, what gives? Was suppose to be US Mail. They said it was their error and if they send UPS back and if I paid the fees that they would reimburse me.

Thanks but I said no. It's the principle. I do not accept UPS , period. They agreed to reship via US Mail.

Thank you Camping World!
Good riddance UPS!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
UPS tried to deliver a $47 ladder from Camping World and try to collect $40 from me in Broage
That is creeping up on criminal charges. I hope you told them what to do with the ladder. A Long one I trust.

Solved that problem. Moved to Osoyoos so now have items shipped to a freight forwarding co in Oroville, WA. (No charge freight) They call me when it is in, I drive down in about 20 min, pay them $4 US and come home.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #133

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
That is creeping up on criminal charges. I hope you told them what to do with the ladder. A Long one I trust.

Solved that problem. Moved to Osoyoos so now have items shipped to a freight forwarding co in Oroville, WA. (No charge freight) They call me when it is in, I drive down in about 20 min, pay them $4 US and come home.
Does that go for any Dennis in and around Oroville? Planning to meet up with you in the beginning of August as we pass through headed from Kelowna to River Oaks in Oroville. Still want that whatever its called meter I drug around western Canada last fall?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #134

Gulf Streamers Club
Just received an order...Pro-Fill battery watering set up from C/W. It was delivered to my mail box here in the Okanagan and the shipping fee was $20. With the price of diesel these days, shipping was cheaper.
jayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:52 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme View Post
Just received an order...Pro-Fill battery watering set up from C/W. It was delivered to my mail box here in the Okanagan and the shipping fee was $20. With the price of diesel these days, shipping was cheaper.

Yes, shipping fees are not the issue. It's the UPS little brown army of Brokerage Fee Collectors that were the problem. Luckily, you received via mail and only had the shipping fee. Good stuff, Camping World is getting better.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #136

Exactly, a couple of years ago CW split a shipment and FedEx added the brokerage fee to the first shipment and then after the fact charged it again to the second one. Since then if it's not shipped USPS they can keep it, no matter who or what.
Amazon is your friend where free shipping means just that.
But to UPS's and FedEx's credit I must admit that they are a lot more reliable than Canada Post.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #137

Monaco Owners Club
CW always appears to have a lot of specials from spring until fall.
We Canadians get constant flyers about these but know that we
cannot buy them because they will not ship to Canada.

Sooner or later someone will actually pay attention to this and try to
change something.

As a Good Sam member I always get bombarded with CW sales.
I also cannot qualify for most of what Good Sam offers as a Canadian.
Oh yes, I still pay the same membership fee.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
CW always appears to have a lot of specials from spring until fall.
We Canadians get constant flyers about these but know that we
cannot buy them because they will not ship to Canada.

Sooner or later someone will actually pay attention to this and try to
change something.

As a Good Sam member I always get bombarded with CW sales.
I also cannot qualify for most of what Good Sam offers as a Canadian.
Oh yes, I still pay the same membership fee.

Hmmm, they do ship to Canada. I buy from them all the time. They even have a Canadian website now although I still use their US one. Just be sure to ask for US Mail shipping or they might try UPS, who love collecting brokerage fees from you for no reason. No brokerage fees with US mail!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #139

Monaco Owners Club
I tried to purchase a Tailgater and a Dish receiver online and was told they could not ship these items. I had to wait until I went to the states to buy them.
Unfortunately, I also missed out on the sale price.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
I tried to purchase a Tailgater and a Dish receiver online and was told they could not ship these items. I had to wait until I went to the states to buy them.
Unfortunately, I also missed out on the sale price.

You won't get anyone to ship a Dish receiver to Canada.

It's not legal for Dish to service an address in Canada and the satellite companies have reciprocal agreement not 'step on each other's toes'. Bell spent a bunch of money recently rearranging their satellite coverage so that snowbirds won't have coverage down south.

I buy stuff from CW and have it shipped to Canada all the time, no problem.