Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Nova Scotia and Wal Mart - where do we stand now

Just doing some travel planning for our visit to Nova Scotia and see most of the RV parks do not open till mid to late May. Then I remembered that Wal-Mart parking in NS is or was a NO-NO. Is that still the case? If so, where is an RV'er to stay while traveling in this great province.
Thanks
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
This might help you. RV Forum

Good luck, we are heading to Bar Harbor and NS in late May.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Most CG's around Halifax open in mid-May the ones on P.E.I. open mid-June as this thread will point out. Would say temperatures are still around freezing at night.
Look at WEATHER link in thread.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #4

based on the number of units that I saw recently at the Bayers lake Wal Mart, I don't think it is a problem.

I remember that last year before I went away it had been considered a bad idea, and wasn't being enforced.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
This thing never seems to go away!
For what it's worth this letter from our representative in the Nova Scotia Legislature (Government)

Quote:
Clarrie MacKinnon [clarriemla@ns.aliantzinc.ca]
Sent Fri 04/05/2007 10:47 AM
To Willis Bates
RE: RV Parking

Hi Willis – I have contacted the researcher at the NDP Caucus office and this is the information she has provided:

There is NO SUCH THING as RV parking ban legislation; it doesn't exist and it is not illegal to park your RV in a parking lot anywhere in Nova Scotia , unless that mall or store has signs telling you not to.

There is a law about operating unlicensed campgrounds, but the difference would be if WalMart charged overnight fees and offered services like showers, etc. Simply stopping overnight is definitely *not* illegal.

The province has allowed the misguided impression to spread that it is illegal. The documents I got through freedom of information clearly state from the Dept. of Tourism: legal opinion is clear that the province does not have the jurisdiction to ban RV parking in parking lots.

Thank you for asking for an update – I am glad to have this new information on hand.
I hope you enjoy the rally!
Jeanine
Constituency Assistant for Clarrie MacKinnon
MLA for Pictou East
1905 Main St, Westville, NS B0K 2A0
ph: 902-396-1853 fax: 902-396-1803
The above should be enough to put anyone's mind at ease, who is interested in Wally Docking in NS
All the signs were removed last Fall, and if anyone does see a sign quoting section 3, Article 3 of THE TOURISM and ACCOMMODATION ACT OF NS as the reason for the their sign, please email or PM me as to where and exact location and I can assure you it wont be long in coming down also.

Cheers from NS
Willis
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote