Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2023, 09:50 AM   #1

RV Appraisers in Canada?

Hi all

I am currently heavily shopping for a motorhome ... probably between 28 and 35 ft but I'm not even sure if it's going to be a C or an A the only thing I know for sure is that it's going to be made between 2000 and 2008 LOL

Anyway, I've done a bunch of Googling and I cannot seem to find appraisers or people who will go and inspect these RVs that I'm shopping for so I know if it's worth for example driving to Quebec to buy that cute bus I really want...

Suggestions?

( most of the ones I like seem to be in either Quebec or Alberta....)
Sassinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2023, 10:09 AM   #2

Good luck on your search.
I cannot help with connecting you with an appraiser, however…….if you’re new to the RV world, you really do need a good one.

You’re being extremely vague on what Class A or Class C you’re considering.
There’s tons of features, sizes, layouts, engines and chassis units to consider.
I suspect you’re guided only by price, because you mention being between 2000 and 2008. Any motorhome that’s near 20 years old is going to be a risk. Was it over used, under used, or neglected for some time?

In this industry, you could have a number of components on board that are no longer available. I hope you are a DIY kind of person.
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 10:18 AM   #3

I don't mean to be vague.. it's just that I'm realizing I'm not that picky about things like style or whatever.. I'm more interested in things like cargo space and ease of handling... like I truly don't care if the interior is white or brown or whatever..

Yes I am definitely hugely guided by price... but I'm also not unreasonable, I'm not going to buy a $20,000 piece of garbage with rust all over the undercarriage when I could spend $60-100k and get something that won't cost me nearly as much as in the long run

I'm honestly surprised how much as I shop I realize I don't care what it looks like

I was completely sold on the class A about 31 ft and then I read a bunch of the safety stuff about them and then I was completely convinced about a Class C LOL because they're way safer... but most of them don't have very much storage.. and for example one of the buses that I've been looking at is a 2001 Newmar Dutch star which looks impeccable... and I'm not convinced that isn't a better deal for me than a 2010 Whatever by Thor

when I started shopping I was sure I was getting a diesel... now I realize I don't care...

Actually the reason I was picking those years is because I read that after the Financial crash of 2008 construction has gone seriously downhill and never really got better... so honestly it just seems like a good compromise between quality and price
Sassinak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, canada