Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:50 PM   #1

RV Canada hits it out of the park!

I was replying to an old thread but it didn't work so I decided to start a new post:

While browsing the forums, I get the distinct impression that many people these days walk into dealerships looking for reasons to get angry. The moment they feel their preconceptions are confirmed, they get self righteous and emote all over the forums. I attribute this "buyer anxiety" to the fear of getting swindled.

I understand that there are a lot of bad dealers but don't walk in thinking you know it all and spoiling for a fight, because you will probably find one. Enough preamble, let me tell you about MY experience with RV Canada in Ottawa.

In mid January 2016 I called Ron at RV Canada for a Georgetown 351DS. He replied that they didn't have one but could offer me the "better" 364TS.

Rather than get annoyed at being offered a different product than the one I just KNEW I wanted, I listened to the very helpful Ron and set up an appointment. I drove in from Montreal and arrived at the appointed hour to find donuts, fresh coffee, and a nicely warmed up coach waiting for us.

After a thorough tour and feature review, Ron took us for a test drive. He actually handed me the keys and said "have fun and try not to go too far". I asked him to accompany us because I didn't know the area and had never driven a Motorhome before. Midway through the test drive I insisted my wife try it as well but she balked. With Ron's encouragement she finally got behind the wheel and drove us all the way back. She did great, by the way.

Following that I mostly dealt with Abdel, the sales manager, who knew his RV's really well. In fact I am usually able to stump the chump in the first few minutes, but not him. Of course he was selling hard but he was fully informed, professional, and ready to deal. I got an insanely great price on the 364TS (about 3K less than any place in the US) AND a wicked trade on my car and trailer.

Their service people were also amazing. The gentleman (sorry for forgetting your name buddy but I suffer from 'sometimers') that gave us the orientation tour put up with my litany of inane questions (I can be rather trying at times) without so much as sideways glance. It almost became a matter of honour at one point but he was unflapable and terminally patient.

Jackie who handled our delivery and inevitable warranty issues was beyond reproach, incredibly friendly, a pleasure to speak with, and an all around nice person. Due to my earlier mentioned 'sometimers', I forgot my brake controller and a spare rhino hose in my trades. She quickly rounded them up and held them at her desk until some warranty parts came in to be shipped tome together.

RV Canada bent over backwards to accommodate us before and AFTER the sale. I would not only buy there again, but urge you to give them a shot.

I am incredibly satisfied with my RV Canada experience and if you are a serious and courteous buyer, you will be too.
Skripo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #2

OK.........
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:32 AM   #3

I recently had dealings with RV Canada in Ottawa as well. As the OP mentions, Jackie in service is amazing and they were all pleasant to deal with. It's a great place.

2015 Cougar 28RBSWE
TV 2015 Ford Expedition
BONDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, canada