Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #1

Gee, since they have found 26/28 cases of Bird Flu here, I sure hope y'all won't bring any back with you come next spring!

https://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html
2Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #2

Gee, since they have found 26/28 cases of Bird Flu here, I sure hope y'all won't bring any back with you come next spring!

https://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html
2Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:21 AM   #3

Hopefully this Killer Flu can be controlled, other wise the world is going to be in DEEP do do!

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:50 AM   #4

I read an article on-line recently about how the media loves to exploit our fears. 60,000 Americans died last year alone of pneumonia!! But not a word was said in the media. What is it now 62? people world wide, since it stated, have died from bird flu?? Our concern would seem to be way out of proportion to the threat as it now stands. Professionals have said the non developed countries are most at threat and countries where the medical services are poor or non existent. Also their health standards for food and cleanliness are much lower than in western countries in general. That is not to say WHO and our country should not be prepared. But I think the media just loves to exploit these sensational stories, it sells air time and papers. They do it all the time.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:29 AM   #5

Novi, I agree with you big time. "W" is bound to exploit this one to his advantage, eh!!

I've been told, but haven't double checked, that two of the biggest killers are lung cancer and breast cancer (both men and women), yet how much do we hear!

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:45 AM   #6

Morning LK: Heart disease, and heart attacks kill more women than breast cancer, yet breast cancer gets more coverage?? Prostate cancer kills more men than breast cancer does to females but until only recently did we hear anything about prostate cancer. This is not a complaint about anything just a statement. But our perception of what is really a threat to us is tainted by the media and special interests groups. Remember the flu "crisis" last year, that didn't happen? It is hard enough to sort fact from fiction without the media getting into the fray and sensationalizing it to sell TV/radio time and papers.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #7

Novi,

Interesting item on CBC a.m. news(yeah, they're media, but)* re. flax (seeds, oil....) and prevention of pretty well all of your chronic/severe illnesses above. CBC item was saying this health trend is documented.

*Now, about the truth to CBC health trends reports, I dropped the anti-nflamatory drug, viox, because of 'concerns' given via CBC at least 2 years before the big pull of that drug.

So, on topic is that there is media and there is media. & I ask the snowbirds is there any media stateside with the credence/validity of CBC?

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote