Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 PM   #1

Today Toyota announced a new plant will be built at Woodstock, ON.

Alternate coverage

Toyota's page says this plant will manufacture more of the Rav4 SUVs.

& there is a parts expanstion slated for B.C.

So, Brad, especially, how will this influence RVing?

Have you any other comments about the plant.

BTW is only a short time since Toyota announced the creation of a plant in San Antonio, Texas for the building of a 1-ton pick up.

& How come those links aren't clickable?????? I ran into a problem before with links that were long. Again, a preview, a preview, a preview. But this one I don't know how to fix???

<sub>edited to fix links</sub>
Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 PM   #2

Today Toyota announced a new plant will be built at Woodstock, ON.

Alternate coverage

Toyota's page says this plant will manufacture more of the Rav4 SUVs.

& there is a parts expanstion slated for B.C.

So, Brad, especially, how will this influence RVing?

Have you any other comments about the plant.

BTW is only a short time since Toyota announced the creation of a plant in San Antonio, Texas for the building of a 1-ton pick up.

& How come those links aren't clickable?????? I ran into a problem before with links that were long. Again, a preview, a preview, a preview. But this one I don't know how to fix???

<sub>edited to fix links</sub>
Old 07-01-2005, 12:59 AM   #3

Hello Kopit.. How will this influence RVing? Not sure? Do you think it will have some effect on RVing?
I know its good to have new jobs coming into Canada,and especially Ontario. But remember, Toyota wouldn't be here unless it benifited them as well. Our lower dollar is what keeps new investment to the levels they are at. GM in Oshawa just spent over 2(two) billion dollars for a new paint shop!!!!!
I say good for new investment and jobs...after all, Ontario is the engine that drives this country.

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:45 AM   #4

If nothing else it's about 300 more RVs on the roads - employees at that plant, eh?
Old 07-01-2005, 02:57 AM   #5

Did you see the article done by the RVIA in Michigan, not too long ago? They are expecting 1 million more RV's on the road by 2010!! Woodstock's Toyota plant probably won't effect those figures at all. I think it is the democraphics of an aging population mainly, early retirements plus more free time, more money to spend. All my life everytime I think of doing something seems the whole country decides to do the same thing.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:14 AM   #6

Sure, I agree Novi, I just had to figure out someway to get Brad talking about the plant that's all.

Of course, I was hoping he'd bite on the Toyota 1-ton, you know, me being the owner of a Tundra.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:35 AM   #7

I don't mind talking bout the ol place now and then.
I heard the Tundra was supposed to be good..I don't know..what ever turns your crank, I guess. I think the GM line of trucks are still worth the money...

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:25 AM   #8

(Software note: That was a riot. While the reply window was loading I took my mouse and moved it from the upper left side of the screen to the lower right, my preferred location with my tri-focals.

It gave birth and twinned. I deleted the one remaining in the upper left corner.)

Now, re. one of the reasons why I really hope for a one-ton Toyota pickup is durability. Around here, the Toyota's, Tundra or Tacoma, outlast the Ford, Chevy, or Dodge models by years. This spring I have heard the pricing on the Tundra is competitive with those shorter lasting models.

If Toyota is expanding, quite a few of us have used that durability or something else as a reason to buy. The one-ton would cover my weight concerns for my post retirement travel - you know solar panels, and other add-ons.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:15 AM   #9

Novi:

Love your flag Avatar! Where did you getit?

Bob

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:35 AM   #10

Hi Bob, Brad, the moderator, said he could put a avatar with our name and he had a flag so put an animated one in for me. I like the way it waves.