Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #1

Any one going west this summer,Vancouver, Calgary etc. OR anyone from the west coming east?

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #2

Any one going west this summer,Vancouver, Calgary etc. OR anyone from the west coming east?

Old 06-15-2005, 02:49 PM   #3

was almost going east, leaving 15 Jul to Halifax for 8 to 10 years.

Looks like I will be driving it next summer instead.

I wish the grown ups in my business could make up thier minds.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:42 PM   #4

quote:was almost going east, leaving 15 Jul to Halifax for 8 to 10 years,

Sorry to here you can't make it east Kid, care to expand? Think I missed something here.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi brad03ca
Now here is a real tongue twister. I am from the west (delta, bc), currently in central canada (ontario), heading east to NS this sunday, then heading back west on July 4th with a stop at the calgary Stampede. This will wrap up our 7 month road trip.
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:52 AM   #6

Hello Dave ...Sounds like you've got a real good trip going there. Hope the weather is better for you than what you left, with all the rain across the prairies. What are some of the sites you expect to see? If I can help out in any way, let me know. P.S. Do you have iRV2.com decal/stickers? Available on request to all members. and please stay in touch.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:41 PM   #7

Brad,

expansion

I fly Sea King helicopters in the Canadian Forces. Every 4-5 years I up and move from Victoria to Halifax(93 west-97 east-01 west - ?06 east?).

I was supposed to move this summer, but just before the "for sale" sign went in front of the house, they(military) cancelled the move. I had spent a few extra $$'s getting the trailer ready(knowing that my mileage would be a bit more this year) in preparation for my additional trip. But, now I am just really ready for next year.

This time I hope to stay(in one place) for a little longer(max 2015- then take promotion to Mr). I just need to figure out what is left to see on the next trip across Canada - I am thinking that the next one might be a I-90 run.

But it keeps me travelling.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #8

I see makes things a little more clear. So will 2015 put you to retirement? Promotion to Mr? The I-90 run would certainly be a change of scenery

Old 06-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #9

Yep,

I could retire earlier, but, our long term plan keeps me working until then. It makes for a more sound transition to the real world. This way, I will be making enough pension that I can stay ahead of bills, and we should have a big enough nest egg/equity to afford full retirement/travelling.

Also, if I work that long, I can stay flying until then(fed gov't Sea King replacement program will drag on I am sure). The flying is fun.

The wife really doesn't want to drive through the Canadian prairies again, thinks we saw enough wheat fields to choke a horse. Well she said a few other things after the second day of driving in a mostly straight line, but, this is a 'G'rated forum. Realistically, I have driven it many, many times, and I would like to see something new too. Granted, all the folks I know in prairie towns near military fields(Moose Jaw, Portage la Prairie, Winnipeg) give me a free driveway to park in enroute.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:51 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I do not have the iRV2 bumper sticker. How do I get one for my RV???? iRV2 is a great forum and I have learned alot and would love to promote the site by putting on a bumper sticker.
We hope to be in Nova Scotia by next Tuesday and will drive around the Lighthouse Trail (South Shore) and then drive around the Cabot Trail. Hope to eat Lobster just about every night. Have you ever done this trip, and if so is there anything that stands out as being a must see attraction. I was told there are some sort of tide related attraction in the river near Truro which is a must see item, but cannot find any information on it.
In our trip so far we spent most of our time in Mexico travelling around with 3 other RVer's. It was a fablous trip and we will be returning again this winter, but this time will stay in one location.
Happy Travels to all....and lets be careful out there.
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:16 PM   #11

Obi-wan,

IRV2 stickers are back on the home page - left side nav bar, bottom half.

As for the south shore, I highly recommend Lunenburg, it is an old(really old) fishing village. They also have a thriving wooden boatbuilding industry that people can watch the craftsman work.

Lobster is best found in season at the various wharves in seaside villages where the boats tie up. Buy direct from the boat, cheaper and REALLY fresh. Off season - any grocery store will have a live tank.

NOTE- COOK THEM OUTSIDE - if not it will take weeks to get the smell out.

If you make it to Halifax there is much to do, but not many places close to town to stay.

If you know of toddlers that know about Theodore Tugboat, bring a camera, the full size Theodoretugboat was built in Lunenburg and summers in Halifax.

Cabot trail is nice, enjoy the scenery and drive, do not hurry. Other Cape Breton attractions include Fort Louisburg and various mining museums.

My 2 cents on your question

Old 06-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #12

Dave I can send you stickers (e-mail your address) or if your going down the 401 during the week, stop in Port Hope, I'll put them on for you. The tide thing at Truro, I think is the Tidal Bore,which is the tide flowing up the Salmon River. This happens twice a day. Tide times are listed in the Truro Daily News, or call 902-893-2922. Enjoy your trip, and keep us posted.