Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
csp

Monaco Owners Club
campground near south rim grand canyon

We are on our 25 day vacation out west. Our next stop is south rim of the grand canyon. We are looking for a campground that is fairly close. We are 65 feet long with the trailer but we can shook if we have to. We will still be 40 feet long. Is there any campgrounds that anyone suggest in the area.
We are going to las Vegas after that. Any suggestions for there would also be appreciated also.
Thank you Chris
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
edj

Ideally, you could go to the CG in the park. But, it is unlikely that there is any open sites. It was packed the last time we were there and that was in October. Here is a link to the NPS site with info on campgrounds. But, you could always give the toll free reservation line a call to see if there are any openings.
The site also has a link to campgrounds outside the park.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
We stayed at "Trailer Village", in July of '09. This is a nice park, so close to the South Rim, that you could ride your bikes or almost walk there. However, they have shuttle service, in the park. If you can get a reservation there, you can't go wrong.

I haven't been to Vegas in the RV yet, so cant help you there. Good luck and happy trails!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
We stayed at Williams,Az. Williams is on old route 66. Bob's Steakhouse was good. we stayed at canyon Gateway RV Park.(nice Park) The have some very long sites. Also give you a discout on fuel at their gas station. You will be close to Grand Canyon and Sedona.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #5

Trailer Village in the Park would be my first choice. If they are full, there is at least one just south of the Park. I can't remember the name but check out

RV Park Reviews :: Home

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do not think the CG's within the park can take a rig over 30 feet (And I drive through a couple of 'em with my car to take a look a few years back)

There are several parks just south of the park however, Alas, I did not recall the names.. I was some distance away in Glenn Canyon instead of Grand Canyon, at the KOA in Pace AZ.. A nice town with some interesting places to eat and things to see.. I plan on going back there some day.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm
I do not think the CG's within the park can take a rig over 30 feet (And I drive through a couple of 'em with my car to take a look a few years back)

There are several parks just south of the park however, Alas, I did not recall the names.. I was some distance away in Glenn Canyon instead of Grand Canyon, at the KOA in Pace AZ.. A nice town with some interesting places to eat and things to see.. I plan on going back there some day.
I stayed at Trailer village with a 35' a few years ago. Great location as stated on previous posts.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #8

Like 'ga traveler' we also stayed in Williams, AZ. It is convenient for several sites including the Grand Canyon and Sedona.

As for Las Vegas, we stayed at the Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort. It is located on the south end of the 'strip.' When we were there, the resort had a shuttle bus that made frequent round trip runs to the Vegas strip area which proved to be very convenient.
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

We stayed at Trailer Village inside the park and we have a 42 ft. MH. We had a pull through site (I believe they all are), but we had to un-hook our toad since the sites are probably about 45-50 ft. or so. It was a little tight getting in the site, but very do-able. The site was wide enough also.

The big advantage is you take a short walk to the entrance to the RV park and the shuttles that go to the Rim come by pretty often, or, if you want the exercise, walk to the Rim.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground