Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Camping in North Phoenix,AZ

We are planning to tow our 5th wheel from St. Louis, MO to Northern Peonix, AZ. We will be leaving on December 26 with a January 1 arrival. How safe is it to travel via I-10 out of Dallas, TX to Phoenix. Also is it going to be safe to stay at an RV resort from January to April.
trikeleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2020, 10:25 PM   #2

Safe as in WHAT?

Traffic, Road Conditions, Weather, Bandits, bad CGs??
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:56 AM   #3

I-10 Route

We are from Scottsdale AZ and just completed a trip that took us through South Dakota and Arkansas so we took I-20 around Dallas and Fort Worth. We than continued on I-20 until it hooked up with I-10 and of course stayed on that all the way to Phoenix. It is safe, road conditions were very good and no problems with fuel. The only negative thing was some windy conditions at times.

We stayed the night in Abilene Texas at a campground called the Whistle Stop RV Resort and it was one of the nicest campgrounds we ever stayed at. Beautiful, level pull thrus, super clean, WiFi, cable, and personal showers. I highly recommend the Whistle Stop!

You should be fine taking the I-10 route. Have fun and enjoy.

Mercedes Coachman Galleria Li3
SgtJoe25ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:49 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
We are both compromised with our health. I have COPD and We both have diabetes. We are worried about Covid-19, being exposed. Our question is about how safe are the areas mentioned on the earlier post.
trikeleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #5

A lot depends on your actions. Do you wear a mask? Do you stay out of crowds? You know the routine.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:09 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Roadway is fine. You have to be vigilant and keep away from people and wear mask. No more risk out west than any where else. We get up ticks due to stupid people not doing the right thing!!
KBFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikeleader View Post
We are planning to tow our 5th wheel from St. Louis, MO to Northern Peonix, AZ. We will be leaving on December 26 with a January 1 arrival. How safe is it to travel via I-10 out of Dallas, TX to Phoenix. Also is it going to be safe to stay at an RV resort from January to April.
I find most rv parks are following the rules, as far as getting too close to folks there you should be OK, be vigilant and aware of things to help yourselves stay healthy. Traveling at that time could expose you to some colder temps but you have to watch the weather on your route. The park I'm in now is almost totally full. The manager said sold out for Jan thru April..Plan ahead on getting a spot for your time frame.
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikeleader View Post
I live in North Phoenix just West of I17. The infection rate is high and Hospital beds are getting limited. Otherwise, if you practice the prescribed cautions you should be OK. No need to go out into the public for groceries or dinner, delivery is available for both.
KECH_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping