Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southwest Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I am looking for a place close to Glendale where I do not have to go thru Phoenix traffic to visit my sister. Pleasant Harbor sounds very nice but will there be enought to do??
Nancy
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I am looking for a place close to Glendale where I do not have to go thru Phoenix traffic to visit my sister. Pleasant Harbor sounds very nice but will there be enought to do??
Nancy
Old 08-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Nancy; I have never stayed at Pleasant Harbor. Its kind of a uppity place from what I have been told. If you go just a few miles west. You will come to Lake Pleasant Recreation. Thats a boat launch / RV campground. It had a lot of sites, but you didn't say when you were coming. Depending on when you will be here it could be real hot or very busy there. There are full hook up sites and water/Electric, or no nothing places. Let us know when you will be here and what your needs are.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #4

Nancy, I have never stayed there but here is a link that tells all about it. Pleasant Harbor RV

& 2 DD's, plus the yellow camping labs.
Sundevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:48 PM   #5

It looks like a nice park and there are many things to do and see in the area, however if you're driving to and from most parts of Glendale you may find yourself in stop and go traffic up and down I17 or through the Sun City area most times of the day.
You might want to find a park in the city of Glendale to avoid "commute" traffic.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:19 AM   #6

Nancy,

When our son was in school near Glendale, we stayed at Desert Shadows RV Park. It is mosty a mobile home park but has some nice large RV spots near the entrance to the park. The price is reasonable and it is very convenient. It is located just south of 101 and just west of I-17. (right behind Costco). Might want to check this one out.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thank you all for the input.
I am getting deeper into the planning part and that makes me want to GO right now!! Husband says I have to wait till winter. He needs more fishing time.
Nancy
Old 08-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #8
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Gee I know what you mean there. We get all excited when we start to plan the route and then make reservations. Give us a call or e-mail when your coming in and maybe so of us can meet you both for coffee or what ever.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #9

We have stayed at both Pleasant Harbor and Desert Shadows. Both are nice facilities.

Don't know what Kabelwizard means by "uppity". We found Pleasant Harbor very nice... large spaces and nice facilities. Winter guests usually stay for the whole season. Keep in mind that the rv parks in this area are mostly winter parks filled with senior snowbirds in park models, fifth wheels or motorhomes. Tent trailers are not allowed during the winter months, which may be what Kabelwizard is referring to. Snowbirds don't consider themselves to be "camping". This is their winter home. So, if you pull in and set up a "campsite", they may not make you feel very welcome. Sort of like having someone pull onto the vacant lot next to your house and start camping.

Desert Mountain has large pull-thru spaces for stays of 1 or 2 nights, but anything longer requires one of the park model spaces, which are limited and always full in the winter months.

There are two parks on I-17 just north of Deer Valley Road... can't remember the names but they are listed in rv directories and the yellow pages.

Sites in the Phoenix area are always sold out during the winter months. So, advance reservations are a necessity.

Good Luck.

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote