Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Smile Newbie in Northern California

Hi all, I just got my new 2012 Itasca Navion IQ about 7 weeks ago Anyone else in northern California? Single female new to RVing, so any and all comments and suggestions would be gratefully received....Sandi
monik7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and congrats on your new rig!

What area of NorCal are you from? We lived near Sacramento (Granite Bay) for 25 years before selling the stick house and going full time.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO
Hi and congrats on your new rig!

What area of NorCal are you from? We lived near Sacramento (Granite Bay) for 25 years before selling the stick house and going full time.

Rick
I'm in the Bay Area in the east bay about 25 miles from San Francisco.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #4

Hi Sandi! looks like we're from the same neighborhood in the east bay. We have a FW that we love. There are 5 of us including 2 kids and a dog. We've been RVing as a couple for 9 years, my husband has been since he was a child. Welcome to the RVing lifestyle, we love it! Feel free to ask questions. I may not be able to answer all of them, but I can pass them on to my husband who has a wealth of knowledge.
lmsteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are also in the same area. We love heading to Half Moon State Beach for the weekend. It is such a short trip from Dublin, the views are awesome, and its a short walk into town. Happy RVing!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Wow, looks like there are at least 3 members here in Dublin.
Sandi
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #7

Welcome! We're down in the South Bay, so still pretty close

So what are your travel plans? At the end of year we're likely to head down to Pismo Beach (our favorite winter weekend destination)

Steve
Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #8

Welcome,

We are originally from Pleasanton, then Discovery Bay and then sold S & B and went full time. Currently hosting for US Fish and Wildlife in Moapa, Nv. No rain here😙
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My Sandy and I live in Santa Clara so it looks like you are in a hot bed o RVers. Welcome to a great life style and to this forum where you will always find an answer. Most times right.

As a Winnie owner look into joining the Winnebago Itasca Travelers (WIT). There are several local chapters in our area, who I feel enhance the life style. Go to the WIT web site and get all the info.

Don, WIT 70041.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
Welcome! We're down in the South Bay, so still pretty close

So what are your travel plans? At the end of year we're likely to head down to Pismo Beach (our favorite winter weekend destination)

Steve
Hi Steve: Where are you in the South Bay? I grew up in Cupertino/Saratoga and also lived in San Jose. Not sure where I'm going in the short term, but I do have a month-long trip planned in May to the sights in Utah and Arizona. Where do you stay in Pismo Beach?
Sandi
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimesy View Post
My Sandy and I live in Santa Clara so it looks like you are in a hot bed o RVers. Welcome to a great life style and to this forum where you will always find an answer. Most times right.

As a Winnie owner look into joining the Winnebago Itasca Travelers (WIT). There are several local chapters in our area, who I feel enhance the life style. Go to the WIT web site and get all the info.

Don, WIT 70041.
Thanks Don, I'll check it out. So much to learn!!!
Sandi
Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by monik7 View Post
Hi Steve: Where are you in the South Bay? I grew up in Cupertino/Saratoga and also lived in San Jose. Not sure where I'm going in the short term, but I do have a month-long trip planned in May to the sights in Utah and Arizona. Where do you stay in Pismo Beach?
Sandi
We're in the northeast corner of Sunnyvale (near 101 and Lawrence).

In Pismo, we really like the State Park, the "North Beach" campgound (There's also a state campground as part of Pismo Beach about 4 miles south at Oceano, but we've never liked it as much). After Thanksgiving it's a first come, first served until May, but we've not had issues finding space. $25/night, and it's not a typical "parking lot" campground. It is dry camping (that is, no water/power/sewer) but we generally only stay for 3-4 days (darn work) and so we don't need to dump and refill fresh water until we are heading home (there's a dump station right there).

It's got great beach access (just over a dune) and is close enough to downtown Pismo Beach to make it a nice walk for us and the puppies. (and if needed we can grab groceries, etc., since we don't tow a vehicle).

Steve
Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post

We're in the northeast corner of Sunnyvale (near 101 and Lawrence).

In Pismo, we really like the State Park, the "North Beach" campgound (There's also a state campground as part of Pismo Beach about 4 miles south at Oceano, but we've never liked it as much). After Thanksgiving it's a first come, first served until May, but we've not had issues finding space. $25/night, and it's not a typical "parking lot" campground. It is dry camping (that is, no water/power/sewer) but we generally only stay for 3-4 days (darn work) and so we don't need to dump and refill fresh water until we are heading home (there's a dump station right there).

It's got great beach access (just over a dune) and is close enough to downtown Pismo Beach to make it a nice walk for us and the puppies. (and if needed we can grab groceries, etc., since we don't tow a vehicle).

Steve
Hi Steve: What time do you have to get there to find a good space? Thanks,
Sandi
Old 12-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #14

We were at PB North campground over Thanksgiving weekend. Had reservations starting on Saturday night and the CG was full. Sunday morning everybody, except for a handful of us, packed up and left. For the next 3 days of our stay, we pretty much had the place to ourselves. There is no bad spot at this CG; some are closer to the beach area, some have more sun or shade, but none are bad. And as another poster has said, it's a short walk to PB downtown.

BTW, on the way to Pismo we stopped for 2 nights at San Lorenzo County Park (off the Broadway exit) in King City. It is a great park with lots of space around each site and an awesome historical museum along the entrance into the park. Great hiking trails, if you like that. Safeway is within walking distance, too.

Travel safe and have fun.
LadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, newbie