Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:22 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Lake fishing in Oregon or Washington

Looking for recommendation for a mid to late October trip in either state. We have a 41 ft dp towing a wrangler so we would prefer a camping location that has pull thru sites with full hook up or at least 30 amp electric.. The site does not have to be on the lake. Ideally it would have good shore fishing or boat rentals. Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2020, 10:41 AM   #2

What kind of fish? October means central and eastern parts of the states are out. Coast would probsbly be your best choices. If you uave a snall boat, D Lake at Lincoln city might still be good.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:20 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Good fishing? That's a very elusive goal! �� Do we fish to catch fish? Yes! Does it ruin our trip if we don't catch any fish? No!

Ike Kinswa State Park is one that is close(ish) to us and we enjoy, with some spaces available up to 60' long.
https://goo.gl/maps/XzNUeynpcSasL1dN6
Old 04-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #4

not a lake and probably cant fit your rv, but last fall I camped at Cotton Wood Canyon state park along the Jon Day river. Its reported to have the best Small mouth bass fishing in the west. I'm a crap fisherman and I still caught so many I stopped counting after 20.
wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #5

My favorite lake for that time of year is Lake Roosevelt in Eastern Washington .

It's a huge reservoir created by the Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River . It's not a wide lake but it's 150 miles long .

Best CG is 2 Rivers . It's at the confluence of the Spokane River and Lake Roosevelt. The campground has numerous pull throughs with full hookups along the high bank surrounded by mature trees and overlooking the confluence . It also has a full service Marina with boat rentals and bait shop.

Your timing would be perfect , in late fall is when the trophy Walleye are caught .

In addition it has Kokanee , Lake Trout , Rainbow Trout , Small and Large Mouth Bass , big Perch and big Sturgeon .

For those wanting a break from catching fish , there's the historical site Fort Spokane just across the Spokane River from 2 Rivers CG thats worth an afternoon visit. Or just take a boat ride up the lake to Hawk Creek , a small inlet in the Coulee bluffs that opens into a secluded bay with a waterfall at the end in a box canyon . The scenery is spectacular looking in any direction.

I think I just talked myself into scheduling a fishin' trip this Fall !

One more thing , as you're fishing along the shore there's a good chance of seeing Black Bear , Big Horn Sheep , Deer and more Turkey's than a person can count.
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:51 PM   #6

Lake Rosevelt is a wonderful lake. That part of the state is beautiful too! Lots of fun little towns around there.
On a more intimate level, Lake Offut Resort near Tenino, Wa is a pretty good lake fishing too. Just off I-5, halfway between Seattle and Portland.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Good fishing? That's a very elusive goal! �� Do we fish to catch fish? Yes! Does it ruin our trip if we don't catch any fish? No!

Ike Kinswa State Park is one that is close(ish) to us and we enjoy, with some spaces available up to 60' long.
https://goo.gl/maps/XzNUeynpcSasL1dN6

I love Ike Kinswa. I wish we would visit there more often. The camp sites on the water are the best.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
What kind of fish? October means central and eastern parts of the states are out. Coast would probsbly be your best choices. If you uave a snall boat, D Lake at Lincoln city might still be good.

...or you could camp at Grayland State Park. Beautiful campsites! Nearby Westport has deep sea fishing charters.