RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Northwest Region Meet and Greet

I read the threads under Northwest Region and couldn't find one about a Northwest Region Meet and Greet. There are 1893 iRV2 members in the Northwest Region. Anyone interested in having one in 2011????

If you are please email me with the following information:

1. When you would like it, please include dates.

2. Where you would like it to be.

3. If you know a campgroud with Pull through and 20, 30, 50 amps and sewer please provide this information also.

Lets see if we can make this happen!

Jack gibbs

E-Mail jackgibbs@q.com
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #2

Jack:

A good idea. I'd suggest mid-May, before the Memorial Day weekend crowds, but I'd be happy with any dates depending on what others want. We're retired and usually go out on Sundays and home on Fridays.

I'd suggest west of the mountains, but again, I'm flexible, since I'm the first one to answer!

I'll do some research over the next couple of days into west-side CGs and give you some ideas. For my info, where are most of the NW members?

We've been out of the lefestyle between selling our old Class C in 2004 and getting the one in our signature in July of this year, so I may be a bit out of date on CGs.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Frank,

Which mountains are you suggesting the rally be held west of, Cascades, or Rockies? West of Cascades is a fur piece for some who reside east of the Rockies. I live in Montana.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Frank

Depending on the number of responses will probably determine location.
I was looking at the Ellensburg KOA since it is located in the center of the state. (I90 exit 106)

Northwest Region Breakdown

Washington = 1579
Oregon = 141
Idaho = 66
North Dakota = 8
South Dakota = 40
Montana = 26
Wyoming = 4
Alaska = 29
Old 11-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
GDR

Texas Boomers Club
We are not from the Northwest region, but would like to visit yellowstone & the northwest area in mid May. We certainly would love to meet and greet other rv'ers from the area.

Gail & Marvin
Houston TX
Old 11-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Disregard the numbers I posted above. Results were for complete state name search, abreveations of state name many more members for a state. Along with members from another state. A search for N Dakota produces one number, while a search for ND produces a result for ND and MarylaND.

O well. Thought they were right for sure they are not.

Jack
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Gail and Marvin

If this gets off the ground you would certainly be welcomed.

jack
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If I can do anything to help make this happen, LET ME KNOW!!!
I live in Vancouver, WA and have been temp. grounded to my sticks and brick until I heal.
I need something to do-I'm driving Rita NUTS.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #9

Although Ellensburg KOA is a nice place, it has one major drawback. The freeway offramp there is a major truck turnoff from I90 to SR97. It's busy 24/7 and the trucks all use their Jake brakes coming down the ramp.

Dieselclacker - I was thinking west of the Cascades, not expecting anyone to be a "Northwesterner" on the other side of the Rockies. That's "back East" to me!

If we're thinking Eastern Wa., how about Charbonneau State Park? It's run by COE and last time we were there it was gorgeous. Haven't been for a few years as we've only just re-started RVing. Wanapum SP is also pretty good. We were there late August. Neither of these places are near any significant "civilization".
Old 11-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Frank

Right now I'm thinking we need to determine if the interest is there. Once that is decided, when and where is next.

Thanks for the information on the Ellensburg KOA. As an X truck driver those jake brakes would be music to my ears but realize most folks wouldn't want that so KOA goes to bottom of locations list. Also know folks don't like trains.

I figured if members want to have a meet and greet they will help in providing locations. This list than can be narrowed down to something all call live with and will attend.

Ever tried to herd a bunch of CATS???

Jack
Old 11-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like a good idea. Might I suggest Pier Four in Moses Lake?
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
YEAH!

What a GREAT idea We would love to participate depending on the time of year. We go full-time July 1, 2011 so mid-week before then would not work for us.
Here is a place to consider Toutle River RV Resort| Toulte River RV Resort, Castle Rock Washington Camping Overnight, Washington RV Resorts I talked with them at the Redmond FMCA Rally last summer. They certainly were friendly & helpful. Thousand Trails might also be considered as well as Mt Hood Village RV Resort Reservations | Welches Campgrounds
I'd be up for helping if/when the time comes.

Marilyn
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Maverickbbd

Tom & Cheryl thank you for the Pier Four recommendation. Is it a Private Resort (membership required or open to the public?) Tried looking it up on Google and rv park review and only get the sunrise generic web site.

Frantz

Marilyn thank you for the toutle river and welches recommendation. I have stayed at toutle river before. Great park 306 spaces all are pull thrus dog washing station and the worlds largest croquet game. Never been to Welches. I do know that Tiffin Motor Homes Allegro club is having a rally there 4-10 june 2011.

Tom and Cheryl and Marilyn What time frame do you think would be good to hold a meet and greet?
Old 11-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Frankdamp
dieselclacker
GDR
Larrygrankpa
MaverickBBD
Frantz

Please send me your email address to my email jackgibbs@q.com It is alot eaiser to compile information into one email and send to all for discussion than posting a response and hope everyone else reads them all.

Thanks

jack

PS: Anyone else who is going to post recommendation and suggestion or comment Please post and send me your email to be added to furture emails to keep you in the loop on what is happening in the process of putting our Meet and Greet together

Thanks

Jack