RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:16 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
With all that has been going on in Portland lately I am not surprised that no one wants to admit to living there. Born and raised in Portland and have continued to move further and further away with each move.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2020, 11:36 PM   #16

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
With all that has been going on in Portland lately I am not surprised that no one wants to admit to living there. Born and raised in Portland and have continued to move further and further away with each move.
Yup, after 70 years this native Sold out in Salem last year. When DW retired, We went to South Dakota... Reason being .. Oregon's Gov. & lackeys have never found a tax they did not like..

And being Full Timers in the shack, had to lessen any unnecessary expenses ...9% of the gross is quite a bit..when One is paying sales taxes on top of the Oregon state income tax wherever We travel..
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Yup, after 70 years this native Sold out in Salem last year. When DW retired, We went to South Dakota... Reason being .. Oregon's Gov. & lackeys have never found a tax they did not like..

And being Full Timers in the shack, had to lessen any unnecessary expenses ...9% of the gross is quite a bit..when One is paying sales taxes on top of the Oregon state income tax wherever We travel..
Portland does have one outstanding attraction that you don't have to live there to enjoy all over the U.S. in your RV: It's streaming classic music radio station -> "All Classical Portland".
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #18

Lincoln Beach, OR

I'm a newbie at RVing. I bought my MH in March of this year and moved in full time. I live a couple of miles north of Depoe Bay. Lived in Toledo since 1983 with my husband and 3 sons. Now it is just me and my 2 fur babies. I am loving it. Haven't been able to christen my "turtle" with any trips yet, but trying to figure out my first trip. Any suggestions for a newbie with a 31' motorhome would be greatly appreciated.

Michele, Tweedles and Hammy
'94 National Sea Breeze
GRAMMY_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #19

Born and raised in Portland, then moved to Boring, and it was, so moved to Vancouver.....79 years in the area...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:31 AM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Florence Oregon
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:19 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Medford

New member to the forum, just looking around and found this thread!
AJossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Lived for years in Milwaukie then Oregon City ( Suburb towns of Portland ) until we finally sold the house 3 years ago. My work was Based in Portland and made the commute daily for most of my working days.
"Moved"and made summer returns when the house sold to My sister in Laws address in Drain Or our new"domicile" until we bought a lot in Florida RV/Golf resort.
Portland is (was ?) my beautiful home city. I still claim it as my home city and State when asked. The beauty is still there, although buried under some poor decisions.Funny thing ... Portland was proud for the last couple decades of the "Keep Portland weird" slogan ... it was posted everywhere! Building windows , car stickers etc. I think they took it a little too seriously.
Took two" pandemic" flights back for family business last year to Portland in June and September the place was closed (compared to FL) .... couldn't be more sad about what I saw I've traveled the country and never seen anything as bad "ON" the freeway homeless camps, Graffiti everywhere (didn't go core downtown) suburbs were still ok ... but, happy to call Florida my new home.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:40 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkingman View Post
Interesting: The “Where in Washington do you live” has a lot of replies. Hmmm.

I saw an old thread by this name but I thought I would revive it.

We live in Eugene, Oregon. It’s green. 150K~ population on the liberal side politically. Kayaking is limited to a few places locally, thus our motivation for buying a motorhome to take advantage of all the kayaking over 1.5 hours away.

We bought a Motorhome in December and looking for suggestions to RV & kayak in the PNW. We are ‘half’ retired, so not that many extended RV trips yet.

Oregonians represent!
We live in Florence lots of lakes around here good for Kayaking only a little over 50 miles from Eugene
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:50 PM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Parkrose
Old 02-17-2021, 01:36 AM   #25

Albany, Oregon

---------------------
2021 KZ Sportsman 170MB
2013 Dodge Durango Citadel
rkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:01 PM   #26

Six years in Portland and that was enough. 38 years in The Dalles and loving it. Tried snowbirding to AZ but 5-6 weeks is about our limit, DW misses her quilting studio and I miss my workshop.
gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote