Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #169

The real Vancouver, USA
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2017, 12:22 PM   #170

I hadn't looked at this thread for some time. We're in our 16th year in Anacortes now and aren't considering moving anywhere else. We gave up the RV life back in 2004, as it had become way too expensive. CG fees had more than doubled in 4 years, and gasoline was in the region of $4.50 a gallon. With our rig's 8 mpg on a good day, the cost was unmanageable on a retiree's budget.

I still visit this group and RV.net regularly, but we won't be re-starting the lifestyle. Pleasant trails to all that are still on the road.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #171

I live where the weather converges and liberals swarm like hungry mosquitoes at my ever thinning wallet (although south of me the swarms are even thicker). Work keeps me here and I'm still counting the multiple of years remaining, but I'll be looking to relocate to where there are less outstretched hands and where integrity and taking responsibility for your actions is still practiced if any money remains for retirement.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
I live where the weather converges and liberals swarm like hungry mosquitoes at my ever thinning wallet (although south of me the swarms are even thicker). Work keeps me here and I'm still counting the multiple of years remaining, but I'll be looking to relocate to where there are less outstretched hands and where integrity and taking responsibility for your actions is still practiced if any money remains for retirement.

We must be neighbors!
robertsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:16 AM   #173

Welcome neighbor. I hope the mosquitoes have been abated a little by draining some of the swamps (tax fatigue).
Old 08-27-2017, 05:47 PM   #174

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Currently living in Lakewood until our house is finished being built in Steilacoom, should be completed in the next couple months.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #175

Even with the flux of military members in your area, it is surprisingly affordable compared to areas north of you. I'm sure you are excited about your new home and hope you will post some pictures when moving in.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #176

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
Even with the flux of military members in your area, it is surprisingly affordable compared to areas north of you. I'm sure you are excited about your new home and hope you will post some pictures when moving in.
Yes and no on affordability, Lakewood has a lot of old inventory which can be purchased at a lower cost. It also does not have the big money employers that Seattle has which keeps cost down. Now the homes around the lakes can add up. We came from NE Tacoma , Browns Point community which is on the high end for Pierce county. It also had wonderful views of the sound and both mountain ranges. We downsized and bought a newly built rambler here in Lakewood, my knees could not take the stairs in the view home. Since we bought here in Lakewood we have taken on our youngest grand daughter who is almost 16. After a year with her my wife and I decided to upsize again until she goes off to college. I'm not sure I will ever down size again, I might be too tired of moving.

As far as Military personal I am impressed at how courteous the young people are. While in the Tacoma area I never had people address me as sir or open doors for me, most of the young people further north would just as soon push the elderly out of the way or off the side walk while walking towards you, very poor manners. I was refreshed to see younger people out here in Lakewood treat elderly with respect.

That's my take on it anyway.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #177

I've always been biased toward military members thinking it was due to my own service. It's nice to see others recognize them for their actions and behavior.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:21 AM   #178

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our home base is in Ocean Park on the Long Beach Peninsula. We just retired and went full-time in July 2017. We own recreational property here that's just 5 min from the beach with hookups for ourselves and a guest rig. We are fenced in, have a nice fire pit, storage shed and hot tub. We are living the good life on a budget! Coastal weather is mild most of the year, so we will be here from mid-Mar - Oct, then leave in Nov to snowbird and work with NOMADs mission projects.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:22 PM   #179

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Just found the NW group.
We are in Ellensburg. Looking forward to full timing in a few years. Enjoying traveling the PNW in the mean time.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #180

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Spokane, WA
GO COUGS
TDiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #181

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
Near Ft Spokane. Mouth of Spokane on Lake FDR (Columbia River) 40 mile above Grand Coulee.
Sounds like Two Rivers...
TDiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #182

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiggs View Post
Sounds like Two Rivers...
S&B in Deer Meadows
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote