Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northwest Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #1

We are back in Vanc.WA. We were to spend from May 08 to May 09 workamping in Pahrump NV, it didn't work out. We came back via Salt Lake City - we spent two weeks there while I worked on a friends business bookkeeping. We headed north from there on the 5th and arrived in Vanc. on the 6th. We just made it before they started getting snow in the passes. PTL

Interesting that going via SLC was only a 1-200 miles further than going over to I-5 and north, or via Klamath Falls.

Now we have snow, lots of it, here in Vanc. We have had about 8 inches, then an inch of ice, then another 3-4 inches of snow. AND - it isn't done yet. I sure am thankful we did not get the big winds and ice storm they were predicting.

Any others in the Vancouver/Portland area? How are you surviving the snow? The motorhome is covered with snow/ice which hopefully will not damage the rubber roof as it melts and slides off. Positive - so far no frozen water.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #2

We are back in Vanc.WA. We were to spend from May 08 to May 09 workamping in Pahrump NV, it didn't work out. We came back via Salt Lake City - we spent two weeks there while I worked on a friends business bookkeeping. We headed north from there on the 5th and arrived in Vanc. on the 6th. We just made it before they started getting snow in the passes. PTL

Interesting that going via SLC was only a 1-200 miles further than going over to I-5 and north, or via Klamath Falls.

Now we have snow, lots of it, here in Vanc. We have had about 8 inches, then an inch of ice, then another 3-4 inches of snow. AND - it isn't done yet. I sure am thankful we did not get the big winds and ice storm they were predicting.

Any others in the Vancouver/Portland area? How are you surviving the snow? The motorhome is covered with snow/ice which hopefully will not damage the rubber roof as it melts and slides off. Positive - so far no frozen water.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
We pulled out of Junction City around noon on the 19th. The trip to Junction City from Coos Bay in the toad was actually a little more slippery than the trip South on I-5. We were able to reach Redding the evening of the 19th and had an easy trip over I-80 to our home in West Central Nevada. We have friends who live in Portland and they can only reiterate how very difficult the weather situation is in that area.
sharbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Forgot to add, you would have had snow even in Pahrump were you still there. From what we have been told that area was a mess early last week.
sharbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Caught a couple of your posts, Grandma, sounds like your trip was similar to ours, only in reverse. We got back the last day of November, after a tour through some of the Utah national parks, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Laughlin, LV, and Reno.

Grand Canyon, over 6K ft., got down to 23F while we were there in November; Flagstaff is over 7K, and I know a couple weeks ago they had a foot of snow then.

The coach is in covered storage, we have 10" of snow on the patio, and went out today grocery shopping, for the first time since Thursday. It is miserable, and I'm getting cabin fever, and my poor wife is so bored that all she does is bake. Oh, darn!

Anxious to get going again; maybe Yellowstone this time. Meanwhile, here is another weather report: Winter Sucks! Hang in there, Spring is acomin', good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Grand Canyon, over 6K ft., got down to 23F while we were there in November; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oops, sorry, meant October, 9th through 12th, actually.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I'm sorry for you guys. I'm at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas. No snow here but the wind and rain were bad yesterday.
Just as an aside, still only dust on the rig. No slippery roads
Old 12-31-2008, 09:02 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Finhawk:
I'm sorry for you guys. I'm at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas. No snow here but the wind and rain were bad yesterday.
Just as an aside, still only dust on the rig. No slippery roads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Our son just sent us an email, he is back home in Cave Creek, AZ, temp was 73F, he was fertilizing his lemon tree and putting shock treatment in the pool.

He had just spent Christmas week up here, where he had to chain up just to make it the last sixty miles, stayed on until he left.

He says Christmas 2009 will be in AZ, we're welcome, he's not budging! He's a transplant to AZ, but seems to have taken root, and for not too bad of a reason. Might have to look into this snowbird routine, I could do with some of that "lemon tree fertilizing."
Old 01-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #9

My parents live just outside of Vancouver, WA near Sifton, which is between Orchards and Camas. They have Chevrolet based Class B and do quite a bit of traveling.

I am new to the forum and live in Blodgett, Oregon, which is off US Hwy 20 between Corvallis and Newport. Our 1988 Beaver has been pretty much parked for about a year at our farm in Blodgett, but now that diesel prices have declined somewhat, I am going to get some service done and plan a trip to Moab in April for the Easter Jeep Safari.

Here is a snap shot I took during the snow last week:

I'm sure we'll be seeing some of you on the road, hopefully sooner than later!
Mel Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Has anyone figured out how to install pontoons or skis on a Class A yet?