Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Oklahoma Boomers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:27 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2017 Trips ? Where is everyone going?

Who is planning their 2017 trips?
Where to this year?

Newbie here looking for first destination.
City to City is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
DD and I just drove from Indiana to Quartzite, didn't stay so long to wet and cold this year, then went to Vegas for about a week, little better, am on the way back to Indiana now, will be home tomorrow

Left the 8th of January will be home the first, would have stayed longer if the weather was better.

Likely go to Branson, W Virginia, and Nashville this summer. Those will be hubby, DD, and I. Maybe she and I back to St Louis in the fall to see sights.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:30 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just got back from Yuma and Quartzite and surrounding desert areas. Off-roading with the jeep.

Later this month headed to Parker AZ and lake Havasu city AZ and surrounding desert areas for off-roading. And then Chandler AZ for the FMCA event there.

After FMCA / Chandler headed east to New Jersey. DW's 50 year high school reunion in May. Will go south through New Orleans to visit friends and family and such on the way, return via northern route to visit friends family in Indiana.

August puts us off-roading in Colorado. Durango, Silverton, and Bueno Vista.

And in the fall we will head up the west coast. Seeing the sights and visiting friends and family in northern​ California, Oregon and Washington.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We did Nebraska for the eclipse then took a trip to Southern New Mexico to do a presentation and visit family on the way back. October will see us back in NM for the balloon fiesta.
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #5

I would say to pick a spot, or more, that YOU would like to see and go for it.

After growing up in WV and moving to OR in '74 we started our back and forth trips with a TC in '78. I had a month of vacation time for the trip, and we would find a place, or places, along the way within the US that we would like to see and plan to visit them. A few years ago we spent 1.5 months in AK, a place well worth seeing. Over the last 35 or 40 years we have seen most of the places we were interested in and now just make the Or-WV trip to visit all the friends and relatives that are aging along with us, with an occasional side trip.

This year we went to WV visiting a friend in Wheeling, then to Keyser where I was happy to be able attend my 60th HS class reunion. We were there for 5 weeks and after my wifes family reunion we visited a Navy friend in SC, and my sister and daughter in AL, before returning to OR.

Best of luck, and enjoy wherever it is you choose to go.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote